Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    redman said:
    Taylor is not going anywhere. Last season was the best season of his professional career by a mile. If his enjoyment was fake then I have totally lost it. The only reason he would go is if bowyer thought he could better in. With the present budget no chance, so Lyle, at age 29 will get the chance to play at the highest standard of his career. 
    I'm surprised nobody has asked about him.

An improved contract from another club could turn his eye, possibly one last chance of a big move for him as he's 30 next birthday.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    redman said:
    Taylor is not going anywhere. Last season was the best season of his professional career by a mile. If his enjoyment was fake then I have totally lost it. The only reason he would go is if bowyer thought he could better in. With the present budget no chance, so Lyle, at age 29 will get the chance to play at the highest standard of his career. 
    I'm surprised nobody has asked about him.

An improved contract from another club could turn his eye, possibly one last chance of a big move for him as he's 30 next birthday.

There are parallels between Taylor and Ricky Holmes (just before he left us) . Both have knocked around the lower leagues for most of their careers and both of them have had their success come late. Like Ricky I'm sure Lyle realises that now's the time to land a big contract because he might never get the opportunity again. If I was him I'd have my agent hawk me around  the bigger clubs in the Championship and when he establishes his value demand that Charlton match that figure or sell. 
  • Options
    Any chance of a new contract? Into the last year makes me nervous now. 
  • Options
    Don’t know why I was worried about him not scoring in the friendlies need to sort his contract out. Roland’s not going to make mistake again like with Yann is he.He never learns mind you it’s never his fault. Get Luke’s contract sorted  
  • Options
    Fuck me predictor text at got time for that shit in morning 😀😀
  • Options
    Roland will sell him either in this window or the next. Another Grant situation. Ridiculous letting your best player go into the last year of their contract! offer it in league one rather than the Championship. You would save money! idiot 
  • Options
    Rumour is Brentford have enquired about Lyle..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See transfer rumours threads, about 10 pages on it there 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I honestly think that Lyle Taylor is the single most influential player in any Charlton side I have followed over the past 42 years. If Lyle going comes true I genuinely will be absolutely devastated as a longstanding, loyal, forever-optimistic supporter of this wonderful club. Feels like a potential death in the family right now.
  • Options
    Just hoping this is one massive smokescreen, pretty much like when LB wasn’t signing a new contract, then lo and  behold!
  • Options
    According to the FB group, Taylor's missed training today and has been spotted at Waterloo station and at Brentford. No idea how accurate those sightings are but it would not surprise me in the slightest.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    According to the FB group, Taylor's missed training today and has been spotted at Waterloo station and at Brentford. No idea how accurate those sightings are but it would not surprise me in the slightest.
    I've always been impressed how people seem to be able to spot Footballers from a mile off - I once stood the row in front of Rob Elliott in the Southampton away end (2010), didnt think it was him and the first thing I said to him was: "Are you Rob Elliott!!"
  • Options
    To be fair, Lyle's hair is quite distinctive
  • Options
    To be fair, Lyle's hair is quite distinctive
    And there wouldn't have been many other people in Brentford scarves on that train.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    I've always been impressed how people seem to be able to spot Footballers from a mile off - I once stood the row in front of Rob Elliott in the Southampton away end (2010), didnt think it was him and the first thing I said to him was: "Are you Rob Elliott!!"
    And he said, "No, I'm Henry Irving" :smile:

• Options
    Going going gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why would you post that?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why would you post that?
    Have you not read on of your posts of the last few years mate?

😉
  • Options
    If Taylor goes , Bowyer must resign and all games must be boycotted.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    See transfer rumours threads, about 10 pages on it there 

https://youtu.be/fJYe2pZktPs
    Djiksteel might be on his way too lads.

#kentaddickExclusive
  • Options
    Let’s be under no doubts RD is sabotaging the club. He is intentionally destroying it. Where is Murray.
  • Options
    glad someones mentioned it
  • Options
    Murray is a Grade A tosser, and has been for years.

Rest assured though, when new owners finally arrive he'll be the first one with his head up their backsides begging for a seat at the top table. Prick.
  • Options
    If any club has even approached us for Taylor, he's gone.
  • Options
    If any club has even approached us for Taylor, he's gone.
    Sadly I agree with this.
  • Options
    Another  part of the disaster of RD is every club knows they can asset strip us.