Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 25
    I 'understand' what he did in the same way I understand why someone would nick your car.

Yeah I get they want more money but it's morally wrong.
    Yeah those are two completely comparable scenarios, thanks mate you have changed my mind. By Taylor doing something morally wrong he has taken money out of someone's pocket illegally.
    Didn't say they were exactly the same, though, did I?

People saying they 'understand' why he did what he did is (in my opinion) missing the point a bit - I'm saying you can 'understand' why someone does something and still think it was the wrong thing to do.
  • Options
    Sent off for a proper off the ball forearm to the back of Jack Iredale's head. Totally unnecessary, he's still an absolute prick I see.
    Needs a long ban for that. About 11 games should do it
    Took a quick gander at posts on this thread around 27th Feb 2024 & chose this one by GM ...

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but could this truthful, honest comment on The Snake have prompted a certain poster to join the Forum & make his own controversial  views on the subject ?

The last straw for a certain ex "favourite" maybe ? 

Would the real Lyle Taylor please own up. 
  • Options
    I 'understand' what he did in the same way I understand why someone would nick your car.

Yeah I get they want more money but it's morally wrong.
    Yeah those are two completely comparable scenarios, thanks mate you have changed my mind. By Taylor doing something morally wrong he has taken money out of someone's pocket illegally.
    Didn't say they were exactly the same, though, did I?

People saying they 'understand' why he did what he did is (in my opinion) missing the point a bit - I'm saying you can 'understand' why someone does something and still think it was the wrong thing to do.
    Well then we agree then.
  • Options
    Sent off for a proper off the ball forearm to the back of Jack Iredale's head. Totally unnecessary, he's still an absolute prick I see.
    Took a quick gander at posts on this thread around 27th Feb 2024 & chose this one by GM ...

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but could this truthful, honest comment on The Snake have prompted a certain poster to join the Forum & make his own controversial  views on the subject ?

Not sure anyone has said anything controversial pal.
  • Options
    I think Lyle will honestly regret all this in the end. I've known a few people like Lyle and for all they court attention through controversy and claim they don't care, in the end they want to be loved, they want to have their own little following and they do get upset about the sheer number of people who can't stand them.

It's all adding up a bit for Lyle now; he was really loved at Charlton until he refused to play and became hated. That was alright for him though because he was moving up in the world and what's a little scorched earth if it's behind you? But then the Forest move didn't really work out; he struggled to get in to the team, scored 4 goals and none of them after November. He'd joined a team that missed out of the Play-Offs on goal difference the season before, was supposed to score the goals to get them over the line and finished 17th. He wasn't wanted the next season, drifted in and out of the team before being loaned out to Birmingham. Forest finished 4th and got promoted to the Premier League without him. His one full season at Forest he contributed to them being closer to relegation than promotion and once they stopped figuring him into their plans they went up. That'll hurt. But he still had his money and was technically a Premier League player. He sat on the bench for two Premier League games and then didn't figure again for the entire season. Not one appearance even in the cups, a whole year of his career gone with Forest fans talking about how they couldn't wait to get rid of him and what a bad signing he was. He was released after that as a 33 year old who hadn't played in a year and wasn't picked up until November when Wycombe took a punt until January. Zero goals, zero assists, zero affection, the fans were happy when he left. But in came Cambridge in January. He could keep them up and become a hero to those fans at least. Except after an ok start he fell away, got his traditional weird needless red card, gave away a penalty and became despised by those fans too. 

That's why he's snapped now; he still gets grief from Charlton fans for his conduct then, he's laughed at by Forest fans as a joke player, Wycombe fans wonder if he's actually a footballer and now even Cambridge fans are dishing it out while he's still there. He's used to being hated by everyone external but at least popular within his own sphere but now he can't even find love in the places he's at, the toxicity builds up while he's still there instead of after he's moved on. His career's winding down and he'll be looking at retirement or a L2 move at best and while he'll definitely be happy to count his money I think he'll regret that pretty much every set of football fans have turned their back on him and there's nowhere he can go and hear his name sung. 
    Wouldn't disagree with much of this re personality. That's what a lot of our fans focus on, my point has always been about his abilities/qualities as a striker, especially when we bought Lapado. Neither has been a  success, LT scoring 3 makes him slightly better imo. Also there's still a game to go, although Monk will be very brave to play him with the level of hostility in the crowd.

Lyle Taylor has also been sent off and gave away a penalty costing Cambridge 2 points.
  • Options
    Here's where I stand on it. He made a decision in his own interest above that of the club. It was easy to understand because he explained it at the time. Taking the club interest as being paramount though, few think it was the right thing to do. Many assume it cost us our championship status. That will forever be debatable as being the sole reason, but few would argue it wasn't a contributory factor. Lastly, using social media to get back at his detractors only serves to invite more of the same.
  • Options

Funny that a certain someone signed up on that date & has suddenly gone profile private. Has it posted on any other thread I wonder ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Taylor is still being talked about, Solly occasionally gets mentioned… I’m left wondering why everyone has forgotten David Davis?
    I think it’s probably because he was so crap.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t want to get on your wrong side Fanny! Great sleuthing.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t want to get on your wrong side Fanny! Great sleuthing.
    Ah, just another of my many talents....
  • Options

Funny that a certain someone signed up on that date & has suddenly gone profile private. Has it posted on any other thread I wonder ?
    Damn ive been caught out !!!!!

Obviously i am not Lyle Taylor it would be a bit odd that i joined in a rage to defend myself (even though I havent defended his actions at all) but waited until the 24th April (having posted in other threads previously). I went private as didnt want any weirdos stalking my previous posts. i have posted on other threads.

For what its worth id be happy to verify with an admin that im not Taylor or associated with him in any way. 
  • Options
    edited April 26

That's why I singled "him" out after checking the date he joined.

Profile private, eh ? 

Just call me Miss Marple.
    More like Inspector Clouseau. If you look hard enough for coincidences you will always find them.
  • Options

Obviously i am not Lyle Taylor it would be a bit odd that i joined in a rage to defend myself (even though I havent defended his actions at all) but waited until the 24th April (having posted in other threads previously). I went private as didnt want any weirdos stalking my previous posts. i have posted on other threads.

For what its worth id be happy to verify with an admin that im not Taylor or associated with him in any way. 
    Are you Michael beale?
  • Options

Are you Michael beale?
    Nope, Ian Beale.
  • Options
    edited April 26

You were bigging up Gallagher as the bigger loss in one post weren't you?  Not something our loveable Lyle would  do. 

Without evidence to the contrary, I believe you to be Captain Cash and I claim my £5. 😉 
  • Options

Hmm, methinks you protest too much, pal.... :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Taylor is still being talked about, Solly occasionally gets mentioned… I’m left wondering why everyone has forgotten David Davis?
    Because he is best forgotten.

• Options

weirdos stalking my previous posts.”

Interesting comment on fellow Charlton fans.  

Whoever you are, and others suspicions may well be right, that’s a pathetic comment.  
  • Options

PWR the thread but this is exactly what Lyle Taylor would say.
    🤣
  • Options
    let's not forget that without Taylor's goals there is no way we would have got to Wembley in 2019