Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision Song Contest, 2018

12346»

Comments

• Options

dickplumb said:

Why would anyone spend four hours of their life watching this trash. The voting is political, the songs have got nothing to do with contemporary music. Why are Australia, Israel etc in it. Last time I looked they weren't in Europe. You can put this in Room 101 along with Big Brother and that jungle programme.

Because its not based on Europe as a Continent rather than Europe as in the European Broadcasting Union.

Australia and Israel are part of this so can enter as can any of the below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Broadcasting_Union#Members
    I couldn't give a flying one about the "contest", but why are Australia in this EBU?

Edit. Should have read the wiki page before asking. But they are only associate members.

Of course Israel have also persuaded UEFA that it is in Europe too. I would kick them out, along with all the Asian countries that have sneaked in.
    Israel are part of UEFA because the Middle East countries refuse to play against them

Be interesting if they reached the knockout stages of the World Cup and had no choice but to play Iran etc.
  • Options
    Find it all very pointless and forgot it was on before i bumped into this thread.

Although there is some proper Euro crumpet on it... just off to Google one handed!
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Why would anyone spend four hours of their life watching this trash. The voting is political, the songs have got nothing to do with contemporary music. Why are Australia, Israel etc in it. Last time I looked they weren't in Europe. You can put this in Room 101 along with Big Brother and that jungle programme.

Because its not based on Europe as a Continent rather than Europe as in the European Broadcasting Union.

I couldn't give a flying one about the "contest", but why are Australia in this EBU?

Edit. Should have read the wiki page before asking. But they are only associate members.

Of course Israel have also persuaded UEFA that it is in Europe too. I would kick them out, along with all the Asian countries that have sneaked in.
    Easy Jeremy
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Israel are part of UEFA because the Middle East countries refuse to play against them

Be interesting if they reached the knockout stages of the World Cup and had no choice but to play Iran etc.
    If the Olympics are anything to go by, the Iranians would default.

As for last night, I really thought that the tension was gone from the voting, but it was still better than watching Cowboys and Aliens.

Personally, I really didn't like the Israeli song. But, as I'm not mad enough to vote, my musical opinion is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Nice place win on Austria at 125/1