Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked people in adverts.

Comments

• Options
    Over his dead body.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Any funeral plan for the over 50s

Especially as they are NOT funeral plans but by use of careful words they pretend they are and people believe that. They are a whole of life insurance which just means they are without profit, provide no protection against inflation and might cost more in premia than the dead person's family get back.

They have to be "self-select" by the consumer (hence the heavy marketing) because any IFA that recommended one would have failed in their duty to provide "best advice". They are a toxic, highly profitable product targeted at the vulnerable and misled. I have tried to think of a single situation where they might be worth someone signing up but have failed dismally. There is no reason to buy one when other more useful products are available. Maybe even an actual plan that guarantees to pay for a funeral because these do not.

In my opinion, it would often be better if the FCA focussed more on regulating products as well as product providers. The wretched over-50 plans could then just be banned outright.
    "aye but tha ll get a free parker pen just for enquirin"
  • Options
    All of the arseholes in the Admiral ads.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Any funeral plan for the over 50s

Especially as they are NOT funeral plans but by use of careful words they pretend they are and people believe that. They are a whole of life insurance which just means they are without profit, provide no protection against inflation and might cost more in premia than the dead person's family get back.

They have to be "self-select" by the consumer (hence the heavy marketing) because any IFA that recommended one would have failed in their duty to provide "best advice". They are a toxic, highly profitable product targeted at the vulnerable and misled. I have tried to think of a single situation where they might be worth someone signing up but have failed dismally. There is no reason to buy one when other more useful products are available. Maybe even an actual plan that guarantees to pay for a funeral because these do not.

In my opinion, it would often be better if the FCA focussed more on regulating products as well as product providers. The wretched over-50 plans could then just be banned outright.
    So worth considering then...
    Yeah, it'll give you peace of mind. And a Marks & Sparks gift card.

As an amusing aside some years ago, one company who shall remain Sun, sorry nameless, were running a free VCR with every policy promotion but forgot to put any limits in the T&Cs. One family made vast quantities of multiple applications and paid the first instalment but no more and were entitled to the VCRs which they then made a very tidy profit on at boot sales. Karma.
  • Options

Can't believe all the negative posts on the bird in the Tui adverts.
    I don't care if she can't sing she is fit.
    As for woulda
    It's a yes from me

And me.
    She can't sing but you know how she's going to groan.

• Options
    ANY advert that involves a fictitious football crowd, cheesy shit with dodgy shirts, bobble hats and flag waving gurning extras
  • Options
    DA9 said:

ANY advert that involves a fictitious football crowd, cheesy shit with dodgy shirts, bobble hats and flag waving gurning extras

Nigels?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

The head and shoulders advert with the bunch of fans singing behind Joe Hart, pretending to clear their shoulders of imaginary dandruff is my biggest hatred of this kind of thing.

Made worse by Hart at the end sitting on the floor, grinning at the camera
  • Options

DA9 said:

The head and shoulders advert with the bunch of fans singing behind Joe Hart, pretending to clear their shoulders of imaginary dandruff is my biggest hatred of this kind of thing.

Makes a change from Hart's usual position of sitting on the floor with his head in his hands, wondering how yet another shot managed to hit the back of his net.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DA9 said:

That was filmed during our Euros game v Iceland.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Kevin Bacon and Rio Ferdinand in the new EE adverts. 'Shake it Davey, shake it!'
  • Options
    Ross said:

Kevin Bacon and Rio Ferdinand in the new EE adverts. 'Shake it Davey, shake it!'

Dont mind Kevin Bacon in them, Rio on the other hand seems a bit of a twat

Especially in the old advert when he asks to give his reaction by dancing!!
  • Options
    I know this was a favourite of many on this thread

Dilly dilly

• Options
    Haven’t read all 9 pages but the hungryhouse advert must be in here

Just painful to watch
  • Options
    The Owen Wilson sofa adverts could only be saved if he gets walled in by them and summarily burned, whicker man style
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    My personal current teeth grind inducing advert is the AXA one with the ballet dancer with the artificial leg, mostly because of the awful dirgey music, and which was in literally every break when I was watching Poirot yesterday, every bloody single bloody break.

Oh and an old favorite the knight on horseback who "now holds the card of vanquish" and whose quest took him literally "15 minutes". His performance must be the most wooden ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wtf?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Fat Chav Boiler in "Are you Gonna Bingo".
  • Options
    Gracie Fields
  • Options
    Another brand new low, the Vauxhall one with the idiot women listening to music at full volume sitting inside a car in a dealer showroom...AAARRRRGGGGHHH
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Chris Kamara does my head in now, along with any of the rest of the Soccer Saturday lot who seem to appear on nearly every single betting advert going.
  • Options
    Hate the new Currys advert with the muppet doing a Post-Match type interview for selling a few TVs!!
  • Options
    The 2 photo booth gobshites in the latest Nationwide ad. They're on a roll for picking screen punchingly annoying people in their adverts
  • Options

The 2 photo booth gobshites in the latest Nationwide ad. They're on a roll for picking screen punchingly annoying people in their adverts

thought we were rid of them, unfortunately not. Hate 'em

• Options
    Anyone in any advert. Ever!