Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most disliked people in adverts.

Comments

• The Muller adverts with that big dancing bear!!
  • edited March 2018
    Fiiish said:

The Vodafone Business adverts.

All of their adverts seem aimed at thick yuppie cunts who run some kind of online clothing boutique operating out of some Islington flat. I can only hope that the demographic this is aimed at are so busy giggling whilst staring at their phone they fall into a sewer.

YES YES a thousand times YES
  • Fiiish said:

All of their adverts seem aimed at thick yuppie cunts who run some kind of online clothing boutique operating out of some Islington flat. I can only hope that the demographic this is aimed at are so busy giggling whilst staring at their phone they fall into a sewer.

I've mentioned it before on here I'm sure.

Their voices annoy the fuck out of me. 'Izzy' is the worst of the lot.
    Can only describe her voice as someone doing a shit impression of Gary Barlow while trying to keep her mouth open as wide as possible.
  • Fiiish said:

I've mentioned it before on here I'm sure.

Their voices annoy the fuck out of me. 'Izzy' is the worst of the lot.
    Can only describe her voice as someone doing a shit in Gary Barlow's mouth open as wide as possible.
  • Beagle street - hate the (obviously calculated) inflection in the actors voices, and the whole idea of "now you're 30 you need life insurance BECAUSE YOU WILL DIE PENSIONLESS AND PENNILESS IN A DITCH MILLENNIAL SCUM".

Also "someone's knocking at your doorrrrrrrr" - give me the cheque and f*ck off with that singing.
  • Anyone appearing in an ad for an insurance comparison website ...

The clowns in the Admiral advert ...

The muppets in the Enterprise vehicle hire ads ...

Finally, I wish to add a million votes to the shit-singing-sisters on the Nationwide ads.

There're too many crap ads on TV these days to flag everyone that gets on my tits but this is a start.
  • Reference VODAPHONE, they have stolen a telephone number from me that I paid to own for life, and still have the receipt for that payment. The number is 07050.054304. I wanted to close my account with them which turned out to be harder than breaking out of an American Prison. They used a different number on my statements, and once I got in battle with them I rang my number above it was answered by Vodaphone as a general enquiry number. During the battle I even got to email their CEO who basically referred me to someone else who stonewalled me every time. I finally gave up, but my advice is to avoid using them at all costs.
  • ‘Matchdays my favourite day, despite all of the bums in my face’

Husband and I leap to find the remote to turn it over. Between almost every over on BT Sport for The Ashes. Despise it.

I was hoping someone would mention that. Just awful.

• At the end of the day, you may hate an advert, but you remember who it is for, whether TUI, Nationwide or any other, the advertising agencies have to get their clients name in your head, no matter how, within the law. The fact you can name the adverts you dislike, means they are successful
  • The bloke who does the PPI claims
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

At the end of the day, you may hate an advert, but you remember who it is for, whether TUI, Nationwide or any other, the advertising agencies have to get their clients name in your head, no matter how, within the law. The fact you can name the adverts you dislike, means they are successful

Not sure if I agree. Adverts are meant to promote brands leading to increased sales. I will never use TUI in any circumstances thanks to their adverts. Fortunately for the betting company who does the terrible disabled "Gold" advert, I can't remember who it is despite seeing it hundreds of time. If I could remember I would go somewhere else.

• What's that new O2 ad about, follow the blue rabbit. Means nothing to me, just some stupid reinvention for O2 priority tickets, which in itself is a joke.
  • I like rabbits, though, so I'll give that one a free pass.
  • Glad to see the majority can’t stand the TUi idents. It’s the sickeningly cringy middle England appeal that winds me up about them as well

In fact that is my main gripe with adverts full stop. They perpetuate an endless barrage of what a perfect life should look like and don’t take into account there are people who might not be able to afford a holiday or their Xmas isn’t the utopian John Lewis guff that everyone fawns after every year.

Car ones also wind me up. Some shitty song whilst people look unrealistically happy obliviously driving around

Oh and whilst I’m here, the bright marketeer who said on the kitchens and bathroom one a few years back that you get your own project manager when you buy a kitchen from us. Project manager to instal a domestic off the shelf kitchen. Utter wank
  • Jints said:

ross1 said:

At the end of the day, you may hate an advert, but you remember who it is for, whether TUI, Nationwide or any other, the advertising agencies have to get their clients name in your head, no matter how, within the law. The fact you can name the adverts you dislike, means they are successful

Not sure if I agree. Adverts are meant to promote brands leading to increased sales. I will never use TUI in any circumstances thanks to their adverts. Fortunately for the betting company who does the terrible disabled "Gold" advert, I can't remember who it is despite seeing it hundreds of time. If I could remember I would go somewhere else.

Agreed. I refuse to give my business to both TUI and Nationwide on the basis of their shite adverts.
  • IT_Andy said:

What's that new O2 ad about, follow the blue rabbit. Means nothing to me, just some stupid reinvention for O2 priority tickets, which in itself is a joke.

It seems to me like a drug advert.
    Some guy who looks stoned is staring at a microwave his friends knock at the door and the all follow purple rabbits.
  • ross1 said:

I agree to a point that they obviously work if they stick in your head. However I would honestly go out of my way to avoid Vodafone based solely on that advert. I hate it that much
  • C_A_F_C said:

I actually think 1 of the sisters is F***able not gonna say which tho

Yeah, that would be disrespectful...
    And we wouldn’t want them to read it on here.
  • Yeah but who doesn’t already know nationwide? It should be to increase awareness. If you already know them and find the adverts off putting them the advert hasn’t worked.
  • Fat go compare singer man
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the people in them, or the people who read them, but the people who write the scripts for the voice overs on perfume and after shave ads.
  • ross1 said:

Which is why I recommend fighting back.

When an advert invades your life argue back, swear at it, deconstruct the attempt at brainwashing.

Yes you will remember the product or company, but you will also remember your reaction and why the advert and advertisers are trying to exploit you. Adverts are not interactive, so make them so by using belligerence, they depend on you being a passive recipient.
  • Gerard Butler did a perfume ad a couple of years ago for Boss I think.

The first thing he says is 'I am a man of today', no Gerard you're a wanker.
  • edited March 2018
    Great cause obviously and not having a pop as I’m sure they’re not actors but the woman in pink has some of the worst acting skills I’ve ever seen

https://youtu.be/-2boctkVuhc
  • That's bit conflicting, all the ads I see now are that obesity causes cancer and here they are stuffing themselves full of cakes.
  • iaitch said:

That's bit conflicting, all the ads I see now are that obesity causes cancer and here they are stuffing themselves full of cakes.

• This one: (apologies if already cited)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r50c-yzlj3Q

Not only do you want to 'custard pie' the two of them, but doesn't inspire confidence as your plan can end up at the wrong address.

• edited March 2018
    I'd like to add the new Diet Coke advert to this list.

Obviously I'm aware that the star of the advert is fit, but I find the whole thing cringeworthy. Mostly because of the embarrassingly bad script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBP8v6fi2w
  • edited March 2018
    What about Barry Scott the shouty c***?