Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Waggott appointed chief executive of Blackburn

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I met him on a few occasions and rather liked him I have to say.
    Admittedly, I have little or no idea how good he was or wasn’t at his job and others far better qualified to comment on that have already done so.
    Remember him being at the helm when a lot of heart breaking redundancies took place, which can’t have been a pleasant task for him.....let alone for those who had been part of the club furniture for years and have to this day been sorely missed.
    Being an integral part of that process didn’t exactly help him with his brownie points total.
  • Options
    Fair enough Airman.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Not doing much.Having no real interest in the role.Getting the big shilling.No social interaction skills.Self promotion.--------seems to be the Job Description for CAFC SMT ------ opps missed "ex burger flipper" off the list
  • Options

Not doing much.Having no real interest in the role.Getting the big shilling.No social interaction skills.Self promotion.--------seems to be the Job Description for CAFC SMT ------ opps missed "ex burger flipper off the list"

Until you got to the last point I was thinking of putting in a speculative application.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

@Airman Brown

Since we’ve got you’re attention. Have you anything to post on a certain other thread ;0)

How's the lack of Meire salary declaration in account investigation going? I thought this was being raised with the authorities?
  • Options
    When he was appointed to be our CEO and it said WAGGOTT APPOINTED CEO, I thought for a minute it said WAGSTAFF APPOINTED CEO. From Youth team to boardroom in one season. That is round the time Waggy was breaking into the first team. He would probably have done a better job. At about 17 or 18 years old he would certainly have done a better job than Meire. I mean Meire makes even Waggott seem like Jack Walker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever KM gets paid there are so many reported instances about the random when she turns up to work. Is it about flexitime when she works late, or she is so intense and brilliant one hour from her is the equivalent of four hours from anybody else.
    Either way she is too overworked to reply to fans emails, as was Waggott when I emailed him.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    jamescafc said:

Kap10 said:

@Airman Brown

Since we’ve got you’re attention. Have you anything to post on a certain other thread ;0)

How's the lack of Meire salary declaration in account investigation going?
    Watch this space.
    Law or not, I don't think it's right for senior executive salaries to be disclosed or people's obsession with knowing the details.
    I expect the vice chancellor of Bath University would agree with you. But the law is there precisely so such salaries can be scrutinised publicly, because parliament has decided it's in the public interest.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Kap10 said:

@Airman Brown

Watch this space.
    Law or not, I don't think it's right for senior executive salaries to be disclosed or people's obsession with knowing the details.

I’d be interested to know why you think that.

• Options
    Waggott always struck me as very ineffectual - I only met him once and he came across as a typical middle manager who seemed to have lucked out. For all I know he could have been brilliant at his job but I've never heard anyone suggest that he was and I'm unclear why he was paid so much? If the best defence anyone can manage is that he was relatively inoffensive and hasn't badmouthed the club since leaving it really doesn't say much.

When Varney was CEO I assume the job was much bigger? In terms of communication I emailed Varney on numerous occasions and always received a reply which addressed my issues and was sent in a timely manner. This was a great advert for the club!
  • Options

I'm sure that's true about your experience, Tel. But if you could speak confidentially to any of a dozen senior people about him, including some people senior to or on a par with him, I think you'd get a rather different picture. I'm not aware of anyone disliking Steve Waggott - he was pretty irrelevant most of the time, to be honest - but an awful lot of people sussed him out and a fair number lost their jobs in 2009 so that he could keep his. It's no accident that when he left, he wasn't replaced. There was no need.

It wasn't until RD bought us that someone else was employed to prepare the sandwiches! ....................."Morning Tone" ;)
  • Options
    Uboat said:

jamescafc said:

Kap10 said:

@Airman Brown

Watch this space.

I’d be interested to know why you think that.

He's vice-chancellor of Bath University.
    He's a cap doffer.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If he was CEO of a leading white goods retailer, then yes.
  • Options

When he was appointed to be our CEO and it said WAGGOTT APPOINTED CEO, I thought for a minute it said WAGSTAFF APPOINTED CEO. From Youth team to boardroom in one season. That is round the time Waggy was breaking into the first team. He would probably have done a better job. At about 17 or 18 years old he would certainly have done a better job than Meire. I mean Meire makes even Waggott seem like Jack Walker.

Would Danny Green make a better CEO? Discuss.
    He certainly has a better house.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kap10 said:

@Airman Brown

Watch this space.
    If Waggott was paid £350k a year back in 2008-09 I dread to think what Meire might be getting, especially if it's performance-related in any way. The answer could possibly make me physically sick.
  • Options
    The difference is that Steve Waggott has earned enough respect in the football world to get offered good jobs like the one he's just taken. He's earned it on merit, whereas KM will never get another one, and only got her present one as a favour.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Kap10 said:

@Airman Brown

Watch this space.
    I think it’s absolute right that the salary package of the CEO of a football club is transparent and known publicly.
  • Options

Steve Waggott’s fashion range might struggle a little though
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    For clarification @suzisausage is referring to Nick Gray on twitter not me (I'm @benhayes77 if you are interested)
  • Options

Kap10 said:

@Airman Brown

Watch this space.
    If Waggott was paid £350k a year back in 2008-09 I dread to think what Meire might be getting, especially if it's performance-related in any way. The answer could possibly make me physically sick.
    Relax. If it's performance related Daisy will be paying the club £350k a year.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

no not tall enough ..
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Never met SW personally , did meet the other Waggy , who was a great guy , but 700k is a bit shocking for complete non performance during that period, and shows there is too much dosh sloshing around in football being paid out to incompetance/ meh ness.

But then if you added all the wages up of all the dross / average players we've seen down the years whilst supporting Charlton we could probably pay off half of the national debt and have change left!

Goodness knows what KM is earning , i don't really care , we all know she wouldnt get a job at another football club in this country, because she's not up to the task,
  • Options
    Not a very nice debate. Seems like one ex employee digging out another one. I don't know the in and outs of this case but this all seems a very unnecessary dig at someone who can't reply. And the comparison at the start with KM isn't really appropriate.
  • Options

Not a very nice debate. Seems like one ex employee digging out another one. I don't know the in and outs of this case but this all seems a very unnecessary dig at someone who can't reply. And the comparison at the start with KM isn't really appropriate.

Whilst it would annoy the vast majority on here IF we ever found out what squirrel face gets paid, it would be worth it as I reckon she would be fuming if it became public knowledge.