Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walsall vs Charlton: post match views

Until I was so viciously criticised for my match thread intro, I was gonna offer to stay up and bold highlight all the post match views from those that were there.

AFKA's attack and Nick Gray putting the boot in have put pay to that. Get old crab stick to do it instead

263 there, must've been very frustrating at the end - over to you

Comments

• We are shit!
  • Henry Irving
    September 25
    Charlton draw
    Charlton draw
    Now you've drawn once you'll draw more

2 - 2 and Reeves and Marshall rise to the status of Messi and Ronaldo
  • 2 points dropped, from commentary should of been out of sight, never heard that before have we, really starting to see the affect of not getting a striker in. Matches without josh will be fun :smile:
  • Glad the Bake Off was so exciting I didn't check the score during the last 20 minutes.
  • and he will go in Jan
  • We might find out in January!
  • For those there did there tosser of a chairman oppose any flags being put up tonight as last year it upset Katrien when a Roland out one went up, so he made the police remove it, for that reason only Walsall can eternally fuck off and are hopefully involved in a relegation scrap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Something defensively vulnerable in our central midfield.
    Soft underbelly and all that.

• and he will go in Jan

Roland or Karl? Don't leave us hanging.
  • Early optimism fading. Letting Novak go without another striker lined up looks like more fucking incompetence by the most incompetent footballing ownership/ management team known to man.

Trying to stay positive and will still go but ffs that transfer window misdealings look like it could be another drab season wasted.

Hard to disagree given the last few weeks
  • Watched on stream

Fair result really... We dominated for 30mins but wasted possesion in favour of shooting from distance, each time wasting the good work done getting into those positions

Then Walsall started themselves and reckon had we gotten to HT at 1-0 we'd have probably won but we didnt and the whole of the second half was dominated by Walsall - Holmes scored a wonder goal which should have gotten us three points but Walsall proved why they cant be beaten at the moment
  • Been banging on about it all week. Our defence is wobbly. Very wobbly.
  • Shipping too many goals - no win in 4. Nuff said.
  • edited September 2017
    SDAddick said:

addick05 said:

Stating the bleedin' obvious but if only we had a real 'poacher' up front with big Mag!

Don't agree. First 35ish minutes we were very good with the interchange between Fosu, Mag, and Holmes. BWP or Ajose wouldn't be caught dead doing that. Our runs from out to in and in behind from the wide players were very good and what got us a goal. Our problem was lack of concentration in defense, and once again our defensive shape.
    This 100% Moving forward we looked fine, no shockers in there.

We just need a bit more composure. Clarke and Mag work well, could do with JFC or Kashi pushing to the edge of the 18 more when the wingers get the ball forward... A bit like Holland and Hughes used to in the prem.

Defensively however that was a shite show bar Da Silva who they tried to single out ineffectively. He was solid.

Fosu was good, his goal seemed to fire him up, hopefully that'll carry to the next game.

Holmes was fantastic, really upped his game 2nd and only winning matters to him.

• From the stats, the game was pretty even but if we had gone 2 up when we were on top, maybe Walsall would have found it harder to come back?

But we have to do something about our defence, that's 14 goals we've let in now. We've actually scored more goals than Shrewsbury this season, but let in twice as many goals. Scunthorpe have let in only 3 goals (Crofts on the bench for them tonight, Novak came off the bench as they few 0-0 at Gillingham)
  • Sponsored links:

• ph just to confirm I felt KAG was ineffectual and I would have rather had Dodoo on with Mag or even kept Clarke on as even tired he has more class than any of our other potential 10's.

• So frustrating. As much as I'd love to see KAG do well, he has to go or go out on loan, as much use as a underwater fish tank
  • Not been happy with Solly for a while and by sound of it wasn't great tonight.

Time for a rest me thinks.

If Pearce is fit , maybe play Konsa at RB on Saturday?
  • Soft, weak and just not very good.
  • Listened to the commentary and to be honest we sounded pretty awful for most of the second half.

Gutted tbh but 2-2 was the least Warsaw deserved.