Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What job/ career would you do if you could start again?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Not in Insurance, defo would have knuckled down a bit at school rather then mess about and have a plan to get qualifications that would be worthwhile. I've always wanted to do some form of counselling, which i am still thinking about home learning and getting qualifications, or accountancy something with numbers as i nearly did go into book keeping.

I have been in Home insurance (claims) for over 10 years and doesn't feel like im going anywhere, had 5-6 year stint at previous place then had 4 years out of insurance doing odd jobs and fell back into insurance 5 and half years go. Hopefully it wont be forever but could be at this rate :smiley:
  • Options

Not in Insurance, defo would have knuckled down a bit at school rather then mess about and have a plan to get qualifications that would be worthwhile. I've always wanted to do some form of counselling, which i am still thinking about home learning and getting qualifications, or accountancy something with numbers as i nearly did go into book keeping.

I have been in Home insurance (claims) for over 10 years and doesn't feel like im going anywhere, had 5-6 year stint at previous place then had 4 years out of insurance doing odd jobs and fell back into insurance 5 and half years go. Hopefully it wont be forever but could be at this rate :smiley:

I'm in the same boat. Didn't try hard enough at school and ended up in insurance! Trouble is, I would never be so well paid with so few qualifications in any other job I can think of so I reckon I'm stuck here for the duration.

I wish I'd joined the RAF after leaving school rather than wasting all those years at college. I would have liked to have been a writer too. I've managed to scratch both of those itches on a part time basis later on in life so I guess I can't complain.
  • Options

I'm a little concerned for a few people on here, wanting to be fluffers?
    I always thought this was a female dominated trade done by women who for whatever reason were not considered for the main rôle.
    Whatever floats your boat.

You are right mate , thats what a fluffer is . Strange !
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have been told I make a nice cup of tea.
    In the old days people would patrol offices with a tea trolley for those working, so that job I suppose, but I doubt it pays enough to live (or that the job exists anymore).

It does!! The correct job title is COO
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I'm in the same boat. Didn't try hard enough at school and ended up in insurance! Trouble is, I would never be so well paid with so few qualifications in any other job I can think of so I reckon I'm stuck here for the duration.

I wish I'd joined the RAF after leaving school rather than wasting all those years at college. I would have liked to have been a writer too. I've managed to scratch both of those itches on a part time basis later on in life so I guess I can't complain.
    I agree thats my biggest problem, because i have been in insurance for a while i am reasonably paid so to start fresh at the bottom of the food chain could be tricky moneywise. Where do you work?
  • Options
    I was meant to join the Royal Marines, but birds, booze and football put the scuppera on that. Probably my only real regret in life if any
  • Options

Missed It said:

I agree thats my biggest problem, because i have been in insurance for a while i am reasonably paid so to start fresh at the bottom of the food chain could be tricky moneywise. Where do you work?

I work for a marine broker near Aldgate. It's not the worst job in the world but I'm definitely only here for the money!
  • Options
    Years ago tea breaks were also called.
    "Tea with a tart".
  • Options

Years ago tea breaks were also called.
    "Tea with a tart".

That sounds like my kind of tea
  • Options
    In next life I'd become a failed lawyer, then go on to be a CEO of a famous football club, shag the life out of it, and end up selling McDonalds.

I know that's a pretty certain career path.