Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What job/ career would you do if you could start again?

Comments

• Options
    Ew, gotta change mine now then, I'll go tube driver, they always look like a happy bunch....
  • Options
    estate agent/property leech . I left School in 1980, its been all beer and skittles for them apart from 6 weeks of all that time.
    I wouldn't have needed to work.
  • Options
    if i went back in time i would go to culinary school/catering collage, i would love to be a chef
  • Options
    surprised no one has said rockstar or actor.

I always fancied owning my own record shop (and being a bit like john cusacks character in high fidelity) but nowerdays that would be a bit pointless as most download music. (though in that film they rarely sold any records anyway)

cartography is a good shout. love looking at maps and I actually passed my A level art by drawing a birds eye view of a made up town.

• Options

Definitely a photographer. I've been trying to persuade my eldest son that it's a good profession but he's not interested.

It's an increasingly competitive and badly paid profession, at least in the news arena at least.
    Newspaper photographers now often don't get expenses and travel paid, so if you work in central London it's tough to make ends meet. Digital cameras have made the industry more accessible than ever before, so there are more and more people fighting for fewer jobs as newspapers shrink.

High end, fashion, advertising is probably still pretty lucrative.
  • Options

Definitely a photographer. I've been trying to persuade my eldest son that it's a good profession but he's not interested.

I've built up a really good friendship with my Wedding Photographer and he thinks that particular industry is dying out at the moment.

These days there are too many people out there who think they can do it with an iPhone for a lot cheaper and customers are being fooled because they dont realise the overall quality etc. will be worse
    Meanwhile the video content industry is doing well. Fairly easy to pivot to if you're a photographer as a lot of the principles are the same.

I've always wanted to be a filmmaker, although I work in video editing/vfx/motion graphics I'd love to be a screenwriter as I've always loved writing.
  • Options
    Would liked to have done aerospace engineering and gone into F1.

Saying that though, I've only just finished uni and i'm starting as a structural engineer in a months time so hope I don't have too many regrets.
  • Options
    Doctor / medical research
  • Options
    I'm very happy doing what I'm doing, but if it was for to earn oodles of money then probably a tv/ film star or F1 driver.
  • Options
    Professional golfer - used to play to a reasonable level as a teenager but lacked the talent.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Without hesitation, Doctor.
  • Options
    Forestry officer. We have one advising us at the minute about planting native trees on my partners farm in Ireland. Looks like a lovely job. Out and about, assessing land, planning planting, get a landrover.

Apart from possibly being assaulted by poachers a water conservancy officer looks good too.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Without hesitation, Doctor.

• Options
    Astronaut, preferably one who didn't explode on take off or burn on re entry.
  • Options
    Airline pilot. Shouldve worked harder at school.
  • Options
    Prime Minister (or professional sportsman)
  • Options
    I actually wanted to be a postman.I always thought their job would suit me but I choose a life of engineering, what a waste time and effort it has turned out to be. I could have been walking around the streets whistling to myself, talking to strangers and being at home by mid-day.
    Bet it isn't like that in reality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Assassin (speciality garrote).
  • Options

I actually wanted to be a postman.I always thought their job would suit me but I choose a life of engineering, what a waste time and effort it has turned out to be. I could have been walking around the streets whistling to myself, talking to strangers and being at home by mid-day.
    Bet it isn't like that in reality.

i watched a documentary about the local postman, Pat Clifton, in a village called Greendale and they take the absolute piss out of him, he is basically on call 24/7 and most of the shit they have him running around doing isnt post related.
    Yes and I bet Royal Mail never told him about that fecking cat either.
  • Options

Why has nobody said Train Driver yet? Is this even a Charlton forum?

Please refer to my post at 08:12 this morning.
  • Options
    Photographer, plasterer, or comedy writer..... I'm useless at all of them, but they have always interested me. Beats sitting in an office all day wishing life away.
  • Options

Why has nobody said Train Driver yet? Is this even a Charlton forum?

Please refer to my post at 08:12 this morning.
    Dammit. You must be the only proper Charlton on here. You are our king @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    Astronaut!
  • Options
    Would have liked to worked combating hunters and poachers at an African game reserve.
  • Options
    Either I wish I'd stuck with the acting and left the sauce alone when I was in my 20s

or done my 3 years at Uni for fun and then gone on to learn to be a joiner.

As it is I'm in an office most of my working day and at age 57 can't see that changing any time soon unless I have a coronorary.