Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Norwich vs Charlton - Carabao cup 2nd rd post match views

Although we're out as it stands, with the absolute pig's ear of the 2 draws so far, I wouldn't be surprised if we're still in the hat in China come 4am Thursday morning

Over to you

Comments

• Not fussed about being out at all. Hope the youngsters get the chance to play in the checkatrade. Shame we conceded a 4th, would have happily accepted 3-1. Sounds like we played ok at times, but didn't create much and Norwich could have scored more.
  • There's an inevitably about Charlton and cups. I don't expect anything and never get disappointed.

• We're still in the playoff positions.

• Is this true?

Charlie: You get more prize money for winning the FA Cup third round than losing the EFL Cup final... maybe that's part of the problem?
  • SDAddick said:

If asked in February few if any will remember the scoreline. We're out of the cup which is fine. Six academy graduates from the start and it sounded like they held their own for ~75min, and they're all one game more experienced. That's it, move on to Saturday.

Sort of, more like 3 though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont worry we'll still be in the draw on Thursday morning
  • Look on the bright side, at least we don't have to get up At 4am on Thursday , to hear the draw!

TBF after the shambles of the last draw, we are probably still in the hat!
  • There's a fine balance between resting 10-players and taking a morale-spanking drubbing huh...
  • Didn't see the game but sounds like we had our chances?, as others have said it was good for the youngsters but Norwich aren't exactly a top championship side and although it was a good few changes from Saturday that wasn't a complete kids majority of them will play in the coming season in league matches.

Up yours Patridge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading 2-1 up against the Wall. Every cloud and all that....
  • At the game. I'm a little disappointed as I was expecting a little bit more with the players out there tonight. Largely reflected how we were in the friendly against them. Overall, they had better players on the park.
    Jacko is obviously limited in what he can bring to the table. Billy Clarke was for me our stand out performer. Fosu couldn't really produce his previous standards. Konsa held his own but unfortunately contributed to their second goal. The big disappointment for me was Ahearne Grant who struggled against championship quality.
    Anyway, upwards and onwards to the New York Stadium.

Good to see you're focusing
  • Quite happy we're out. It gave the youngsters a bit more experience and hopefully there were no injuries.
  • 1StevieG said:

Reading 2-1 up against the Wall. Every cloud and all that....

Millwall play extra time, and have Norwich at the weekend.
  • Getting through would have been nice, but giving the youngsters some good experience, hopefully giving Novak some much needed confidence and no injuries is surely the next best thing we could have hoped for.
  • Good experience for the young 'uns lets crack on and get out this shit league !
  • edited August 2017

SDAddick said:

If asked in February few if any will remember the scoreline. We're out of the cup which is fine. Six academy graduates from the start and it sounded like they held their own for ~75min, and they're all one game more experienced. That's it, move on to Saturday.

::Rolls eyes so hard they almost get stuck in the back of my head::
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

we can't complain about West Ham nabbing Defoe and then do same though can we?
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

we can't complain about West Ham nabbing Defoe and then do same though can we?
    We didn't poach any of them against the will of other clubs. My comment was more about finding a way to be a miseryguts about our developing young players.