Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter vs Charlton League Cup 1st Round: Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Good numbers down there (for us)

Pleasing result and anyone who gambles and didn't back us at 3 to 1 or better wtf are you waiting for
  • Options
    All sounded pretty positive.

I'd start Phillips now. Looked good when filling in for Rudd last season, and was excellent tonight by all accounts.

And haven't we won 6 and drawn one of our last seven matches? Not played any of the top clubs during that run though.

Ah, so that's why Duchatelet hasn't sacked Robbo yet.

• Options
    Anyone know if the second round draw is regionalised?
  • Options
    Excellent performance and result, great to see some of the youth team playing so well and to be in the hat for the next round. I am midly optimistic from what I have seen so far this season, COYA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

Good win. Made 11 changes and played them off the park in the last 30 minutes. Sounds like we could have had 10. Credit must go to Robinson as he's had 22 players largely playing well over the last two games. The red cards are a concern, sounded absolutely daft from Crofts. I think you can ask the question about whether or not Robinson instill the right mental discipline in them but I'm not sure what you can do about a 33 year old midfield making a seemingly needless reckless challenge in the 84th minute.

Good run out for Reeves, got almost 60min under his belt.

This should be a real confidence boost for the youngsters in the team-Charles-Cook, Dijksteel, KAG, Phillips. Don't even count Hackett-Fairchild as the boy was born for the Champions League and we're just a temporary stop for him.

We all dream of a team of Reeco Hackett-Fairchilds, a team of Reeco Hackett-Fairchilds

I think Crofts has that in his game, I watched the two PSFs in Dublin and he could have been sent off in each of those for tackles from behind late-on in the game.
    Maybe old-age or fatigue play a part.
    My point is: I agree with you, this is more likely a Crofts issue than a team issue. (Novak likely trying too hard)
    Crofts moves to tackle them when they are alongside and by the time he gets there it's a late tackle from behind.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

LouisMend said:
    No time for this "referees conspiring against us" nonsense. We're doing well. Cut this shit out.

" But it’s Charlton and they see we’re on the right way up and they don’t like it. So, keep doing it. I’m sick and tired – when people try and do things the right way, I tell my players not to dive, not to be aggressive surrounding the referee. It looks like a lack of discipline on me. And it’s not. It’s good, old-fashioned tackling. Imagine Matt Holland or Mark Kinsella. They’d be sent off every week if they played in that game today."

Also, if a tackle is "a red card in the modern game" that means it's a red card. Sort your team accordingly.
    Agreed. Like Robbo, but agree with this. Refs might be a bit crap, but they don't conspire.
  • Options

Got a message from an old uni mate who is an Exeter fan. Says the Crofts red card wasn't anything like intentional and wasn't even a yellow. Just said it was a 'bizarre and odd decision'.

Don't know why it is fashionable to have a go at Karl. I can't help but like the passion and real desire to do well that he shows.

I agree, I was far enough away not to be certain but it looked like a debatable free kick, when Exeter fans started shouting 'off off' it looked like the ref reacted to cheers.
  • Options
    Wow, those stats are impressive - even though Exeter are a L2 side.
    Well done Charlton - not there myself, but I reckon Jacko deserves all the credit :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    For those talking like its been yonks since we won a cup tie, we won an FA Cup 1st round game last season, and got through 2 rounds of the league cup the season before.

In fact I think weve won at least one of our cup ties every season for the last few years??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

For those talking like its been yonks since we won a cup tie, we won an FA Cup 1st round game last season, and got through 2 rounds of the league cup the season before.

In fact I think weve won at least one of our cup ties every season for the last few years??

Shhhhh let us have this moment, we haven't had a cup tie win to celebrate in years.
  • Options

Can i just say bristol won 5-0 today..
    Does this say something about our defense?

That was Bristol City not Rovers?
    Ideed Bristol Rovers was 4-1