Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter vs Charlton League Cup 1st Round: Post match views

Comments

• Options

Sounds like a good performance and great to see so many kids playing. I wonder if this means we can expect KR to take the fine and make wholesale changes in the Checkatrade too.

This is not a dig against KR, as i'd say it whoever our manager was but this comment is ridiculous:
    "The assistant referee gave it, he was stood next to me. How’s that a red card? But it’s Charlton and they see we’re on the right way up and they don’t like it".
    Unless the lino was a Palace or Millwall fan, i'm pretty sure he couldn't give a shit that we're 'on the way up'. However i do like what he's doing, the players seem to like him and we're starting to play some decent football.

Perhaps its HIM that the referees dislike, and were getting the colateral damage.
  • Options
    KR is a passionate manager who sees the game through the perspective of his own side - I haven't got a problem with that.
  • Options

Anyone know if the second round draw is regionalised?

It is not.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

LouisMend said:
    No time for this "referees conspiring against us" nonsense. We're doing well. Cut this shit out.

" But it’s Charlton and they see we’re on the right way up and they don’t like it. So, keep doing it. I’m sick and tired – when people try and do things the right way, I tell my players not to dive, not to be aggressive surrounding the referee. It looks like a lack of discipline on me. And it’s not. It’s good, old-fashioned tackling. Imagine Matt Holland or Mark Kinsella. They’d be sent off every week if they played in that game today."

Also, if a tackle is "a red card in the modern game" that means it's a red card. Sort your team accordingly.
    I don't recall Kinsella or Hollands tackling like Novak did on Saturday.

Robinson is doing a good job on the pitch at the moment, he just needs to avoid letting his mouth runn away with itself, particularly post-game. Coming out and slagging off the referees after a match, particularly a League Cup 1st round, is not professional and sets a bad example to the youngsters that were in the squad tonight.
    Kins enjoyed a heavy challenge; don't recall Holland making a tackle in 6 years
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

LouisMend said:
    No time for this "referees conspiring against us" nonsense. We're doing well. Cut this shit out.

" But it’s Charlton and they see we’re on the right way up and they don’t like it. So, keep doing it. I’m sick and tired – when people try and do things the right way, I tell my players not to dive, not to be aggressive surrounding the referee. It looks like a lack of discipline on me. And it’s not. It’s good, old-fashioned tackling. Imagine Matt Holland or Mark Kinsella. They’d be sent off every week if they played in that game today."

Also, if a tackle is "a red card in the modern game" that means it's a red card. Sort your team accordingly.

Robinson is doing a good job on the pitch at the moment, he just needs to avoid letting his mouth runn away with itself, particularly post-game. Coming out and slagging off the referees after a match, particularly a League Cup 1st round, is not professional and sets a bad example to the youngsters that were in the squad tonight.
    Hence why he was referred to as Captain Clean shorts
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Time to crack open a cold can of delicious Carabao!

Oh, it comes in a can. I kinda thought it must be some obscure bottled spirit, used in yet another 1000 cal cocktail. I admit, I googled it, but didnt click on any link. They can sod off. The most popular energy drink in Thailand, wow. Its the League Cup, ok?

Nothing else not to like in this thread though, other than perhaps Karl confusing Matt Holland with Kevin Muscat.

• Options
    "Imagine Matt Holland or Mark Kinsella. They’d be sent off every week if they played in that game today."

But if they had been sent off for a challenge like that they were intelligent enough not to tackle like that again.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

It's a drink!!! I thought it was one of those chewy sweets ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

LoOkOuT said:

It's a type of deer in Canada isn't it ? Odd that they've banded together to sponsor the English League Cup.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

LoOkOuT said:

I assumed it was a gambling website.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

At 12:11am? You will be buzzing! Well...even more so :wink:
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

At 12:11am? You will be buzzing! Well...even more so :wink:
    I think its more like 8.11 pm where Looky is.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

' If that was Charlton's second string then I really am impressed and I hate to think what the first choice 11 might have done. Extremely quick passing and movement that threatened to rip us to pieces at times but then disappointed in the goal area. '
    A quote from an Exeter forum

I love reading things like that. Long may it continue
    Disappointing in the goal area ? Been going on for years !

But seriously, I agree, I don't want to get carried away but one of our biggest issues over the past few years has been a lack of strength in depth throughout the squad so to hear of our second string performing so well in a competitive match is very exciting.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

LouisMend said:

Hence why he was referred to as Captain Clean shorts
    Arrrggghhhh! I just knew someone would repeat this old pony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another win is a win and lot of the younger squad have had a competitive game under their collective belt, boosted by a victory .. terrific start to the season .. come on youse Addicks !!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Cannot wait for Robinson to knock Uwe Rosler out

Add Mowbray to that list
  • Options
    Good win for the team and great experience for the young guns! Gotta admit I agree with Robbo, The player seemed to turn into the challenge thus making it look worse than it actually was!
  • Options

How did Watt perform tonight ?

Commentator said he was decent first half but very quiet in the second.
    Very sensible as he was preparing himself for the inevitable red card for one of ours......
  • Options
    No need to chew the ref out publicly. Just say it was harsh and appeal the red card.

Having made those comments I fully expect him to do so.

I understand the heat of the moment comments, but nowadays managers need to rehearse stock lines to cover the negatives.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

KR is a passionate manager who sees the game through the perspective of his own side - I haven't got a problem with that.

This is the point. We don't know what Robinson is saying to players in the dressing room. He may have given Crofts and Novak an absolute battering in the dressing room after the game, but he's showing a united front, and supporting his players, in public.

Which is exactly what Wenger has always done at Arsenal, hence all those comments about "I didn't see it" when his players were getting red cards.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Well done the lads. Shame the officials were cheating.