Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season in Ireland 2017

Comments

• Options

luke1 said:

I see Tony Watt said he is heading home today, is the whole squad? Why would they fly back today if they have games in Ireland, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week?

Very odd... Sounds like they're all coming home... then going to head back out Sunday or Monday for the game?

Very short flight and most have families.
  • Options
    door to door from central dublin to bexley is about 4 hours. makes sense for them to come back. otherwise sitting round hotels all weekend isnt ideal.
  • Options
    Haha love how competitive Sportsmen are at even the smallest of things
  • Options
    Flying back out on Monday morning
  • Options
    although im Surprised Roland let them fly and didn't send a coach on the ferry.
  • Options

door to door from central dublin to bexley is about 4 hours. makes sense for them to come back. otherwise sitting round hotels all weekend isnt ideal.

After a week of super intensive fitness training, a weekend of beer and curry to follow :smile:
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited July 2017
    In Dublin today and tomorrow so I'll be at the Crumlin game.

Richmond Park in Dublin is, to my knowledge, the only football ground featuring a stand named after a former Charlton player. So all fans should get a photo of the John Minock stand.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Due to land in Shannon at 9 this evening looking forward to humble Markets Field tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there going to be a Stream for tonights match?
  • Options
    IA said:

Richmond Park in Dublin is, to my knowledge, the only football ground featuring a stand named after a former Charlton player. So all fans should get a photo of the John Mizen stand.

I never knew that the "Shed End" was named after John Minnock - I've stood there for many matches over the years. It's really not worth a photo and I'd say the last time there was any money invested in it was from the JM transfer.

FYI the John Minnock stand will be the one off to our right, half covered, half open standing, fairly dreary.
  • Options

I know it's a squad game, but there's still the likes of Aribo to put into the mix...

He's going to be a star, so we should put Aribo in the Starmix.

Don't worry, my coat's on and I'm already at the door.
    :blush:
  • Options

IA said:

Richmond Park in Dublin is, to my knowledge, the only football ground featuring a stand named after a former Charlton player. So all fans should get a photo of the John Mizen stand.

I never knew that the "Shed End" was named after John Minnock - I've stood there for many matches over the years. It's really not worth a photo and I'd say the last time there was any money invested in it was from the JM transfer.

FYI the John Minnock stand will be the one off to our right, half covered, half open standing, fairly dreary.
    That's exactly why it has the name

I did a thread about it before, including one bad photo later in the first page
  • Options
    edited July 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPpGp_J3z2A
  • Options

I believe they are streaming it on the valley pass
  • Options
    You can use the free two week trial to watch the games in Ireland
  • Options
    edited July 2017

You can use the free two week trial to watch the games in Ireland

I believe it's listen to commentary, I don't think there's a video feed. Would of course love to be wrong, particularly as other clubs are doing live stream of league games for people outside the UK.

After the two week trial, Valley Pass will be available for £60 for a 12-month period, which equates to just £5 per month. This subscription will get you access to:

Live audio coverage of every Charlton Athletic game, with various Charlton legends set to join regulars Terry Smith and Greg Stubley in the commentary box throughout the season
    The Valley Pass Archive, including every game the club has played over the last 20 years and many of the key moments in the club’s history
    Valley Stories, which sees Addicks legends sit down for a feature-length interview about their careers
    Behind the scenes coverage of the club from Charlton’s Sparrows Lane training ground throughout the season
    Exclusive interviews and features with players and staff throughout the season
    Extended highlights of Charlton’s EFL League One games at 12midnight
    Match highlights from the U23s and U18s
    Increased coverage of the Charlton Women’s team, including highlights of all home games

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/595643d9741bc/enjoy-valley-pass-for-free-for-two-weeks

From Valley Pass FAQs:
    Are Charlton Athletic part of the iFollow video platform?

Charlton Athletic are not part of the EFL’s digital platform and therefore not part of the iFollow video service.

Plans are currently being reviewed regarding live streaming EFL League games abroad, and although there are no plans currently to live stream abroad in the 2017/18 season, the club will regularly review this.

It is the intention of the club to look into live streaming games abroad in the future.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/valley-pass-faq

Such a shame as I suspect dodgy feeds from other clubs' streaming service will appear for matches. I fear we're missing out on a revenue stream (no pun intended) by not getting in on this. It may be that the iFollow people need a certain level of technical support or exclusivity that would clash with Valley Pass, that the ROI isn't good, or that doing both that and revamping the website and player (something that may have been in the works before iFollow) were too much to do in one summer. I just hope the club comes around on it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

What a great way to earn steal a living.

Fixed it for you.

• Options
    Just read this on Valley Pass, looks as though there will be live streaming of tonights match, well thast how I read it-:

The kits, modelled by Charlton stalwarts Johnnie Jackson and Chris Solly, are a modified version of the club’s third kit option for the 2017/18 season.

This kit will be worn for the first time during the friendly against Crumlin United on July 10th, which will be streamed live and free for all supporters on the club’s new premium audio and video subscription service Valley Pass.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Curb_It said:

They have to go out at 7.45am as it's too fecking hot to train in the midday sun in Ireland.

Ye but they've got to be ready for a cold, rainy Tuesday night in Rochdale.
  • Options

Just read this on Valley Pass, looks as though there will be live streaming of tonights match, well thast how I read it-:

The kits, modelled by Charlton stalwarts Johnnie Jackson and Chris Solly, are a modified version of the club’s third kit option for the 2017/18 season.

This kit will be worn for the first time during the friendly against Crumlin United on July 10th, which will be streamed live and free for all supporters on the club’s new premium audio and video subscription service Valley Pass.

I still think that means audio commentary, but again, very much hope to be wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I've read that as the club trying to sell the package for the whole season and not just for the Pre-Season Ireland tour.

the premium audio side of things will be to cover the commentary for matches whilst the video side of things will be for fans to see match highlights after the event and player interviews

Edit: Really wish I'd held off for just a few minutes posting this
  • Options
    IA said:

IA said:

That's exactly why it has the name

I did a thread about it before, including one bad photo later in the first page
    Nice one, particular highlight is:

"They just named the stand after the way they got the money to build it. Presumably the other stands are called "the 1972 club lottery stand" and "the insurance claim stand"."
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I still think that means audio commentary, but again, very much hope to be wrong.
    The game is being streamed. Broadcast begins at 7.15pm.
    Brilliant, thanks Olly. Didn't want to bother you.
  • Options
    where is the match preview?
  • Options

Comfortable away win 4-0.

I think both teams are playing away from home. Which one will win 4-0?
  • Options

where is the match preview?

Do people genuinely want a Match Preview for the Friendlies?

I did them last season out of boredom at the time but will do them if they're wanted?