Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season in Ireland 2017

Comments

• Options
    Konsa is definitely there.

I figure if Josh isn't it's because internationals only finished 2-3 weeks ago.

The other one I forgot: has anyone seen Lee Novak?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

He's probably not there, he's big enough to see!
  • Options

Crofts has been in a few pics and clips but mainly been in the background.

Can't help but feel excited about the idea of Kashi tearing into League One. Even if he only plays 30 or more games, his contribution will be huge.

Why aren't they promoting Crofts in these videos ? :wink:
  • Options

Can't help but feel excited about the idea of Kashi tearing into League One. Even if he only plays 30 or more games, his contribution will be huge.

They're not even featuring the new signings though are they... they've come in and have been pretty quiet during Pre-Season
  • Options

They're not even featuring the new signings though are they... they've come in and have been pretty quiet during Pre-Season
    There has been specific interviews in Ireland with Fosu and Marshall
    Yeah Fosu has been front and center a bunch, and Mark Marshall was earlier. The one I haven't seen is Billy Clarke.

But this kind of thing is arguably more art than science. I suspect they get interviews based on who has a couple spare minutes during breaks in the sessions. It's great that we now get more content surrounding training, but this is their jobs. And this is not, say, Manchester City, who do the whole creating content thing brilliantly, where you have people who can carefully curate player interviews into the schedules and make sure the players are briefed and media trained and all that.
  • Options

There has been specific interviews in Ireland with Fosu and Marshall
    Cheers my bad... Must have missed them
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Was thinking the same. Novak has completely vanished. Never see of hear anything about him at all in bleep tests or Ireland training.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Was thinking the same. Novak has completely vanished. Never see of hear anything about him at all in bleep tests or Ireland training.
    Hard for a 19 stone player to vanish but I do agree we have seen or heard nothing of him.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I think he is still running between the cones on the bleep test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Or walking to his car after the last home game.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Or walking to his car after the last home game.
    Just finished cupping his ear to the covered end after scoring the winner at home to Chesterfield in October last season
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

If you check out Snapchat, Charlton have posted loads featuring the likes of Crofts and Novak if I remember correctly!
  • Options

Crofts and Novak? They are legacy issues now!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

F*** me, the screen on my mobile has just shattered.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

SDAddick said:

If you check out Snapchat, Charlton have posted loads featuring the likes of Crofts and Novak if I remember correctly!
    I can't do that, I'm too old for SnapChat ;).

That is code for "I don't really understand how Snapchat works" (cheers Greg).

I joke but not really, I'm a millennial who works in tech and I find SnapChat hard because you have to know the exact name of someone to add them, and then I don't understand how to view their past "Snaps." And also I find companies with no clear revenue stream valued at ~$1.2bn for an IPO to be ridiculous and part of what I believe is a second huge tech bubble, but that's a different story, and you didn't ask.

I did get the SnapChat working, and if you follow them CAFC-Official, they do have a bunch of good content, including a couple shots of Novak, CC, and many others.
  • Options
    I don't understand why stuff is narrowed down to things like Snapchat and Facebook and Twitter. It is like in order to interact in the world these days one is obliged to hook up to these private companies.
    Why those ones anyway?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I don't understand why stuff is narrowed down to things like Snapchat and Facebook and Twitter. It is like in order to interact in the world these days one is obliged to hook up to these private companies.
    Why those ones anyway?

I think it's because they provide very easy ways to get create content and immediately share is with large numbers of people. It's also immediately archived so that it can be viewed by people at their leisure. Twitter and Facebook have integration tools so we can post tweets embedded with videos here and it's really easy. And there's no maintenance or upkeep or trouble shooting for the club--i.e. they don't have to host it. They hit "record" or "go live" or one of the weird icons on Snapchat and they're live and it's there.

I get the hesitance toward these companies/technologies. But for a media team of our size they really are incredibly helpful. Manchester City, who I think are the pinnacle of club created content, create loads (almost too much in my opinion) and can host it all on their site (mcfc.co.uk). But that's just not realistic for a club of our size in my experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Scoham said:

F*** me, the screen on my mobile has just shattered.
    Did you drop it whilst wanking?
    Over her?!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Why those ones anyway?

The Club do it to attract the younger element and sideline us oldies
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Why those ones anyway?

I think it's because they provide very easy ways to get create content and immediately share is with large numbers of people. It's also immediately archived so that it can be viewed by people at their leisure. Twitter and Facebook have integration tools so we can post tweets embedded with videos here and it's really easy. And there's no maintenance or upkeep or trouble shooting for the club--i.e. they don't have to host it. They hit "record" or "go live" or one of the weird icons on Snapchat and they're live and it's there.

I get the hesitance toward these companies/technologies. But for a media team of our size they really are incredibly helpful. Manchester City, who I think are the pinnacle of club created content, create loads (almost too much in my opinion) and can host it all on their site (mcfc.co.uk). But that's just not realistic for a club of our size in my experience.
    OK.
    But why don't the club also put it out on Bip Lings site, or that youngster who does the weekly Charlton blog also?
    If a fan does not want the risk associated with Facebook and Twitter or Snapchat or wherever they face being somewhat disenfranchised.
  • Options
    I see Tony Watt said he is heading home today, is the whole squad? Why would they fly back today if they have games in Ireland, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week?
  • Options
    luke1 said:

I see Tony Watt said he is heading home today, is the whole squad? Why would they fly back today if they have games in Ireland, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week?

Very odd... Sounds like they're all coming home... then going to head back out Sunday or Monday for the game?

• Options
    When I hear managers say that "player X is struggling because he missed pre-season training" I can understand it a bit better now.

It must be really hard when you have players who've been away on international duty. I assume DaSilva would have had a break then started early with England, while with players like the German and Chilean ones who only finished the Confederations Cup last Sunday, how do you allow them to rest, but not impact next season too much?
  • Options
    Were there reports when he signed that Clarke is injury prone?
  • Options
    There were actually yeah. Big squad is the aim I guess