Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season in Ireland 2017

Comments

• Options
    Sheesh at all these videos. Footballers may have ridiculous wages but they bloody well earn them
  • Options
    Anything above 13th is improvement
    Lower the bar enough and some people will be happy enough with an improvement on the previous shitness
    Me, I just wanna be above fecking millsmall
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Lower the bar enough and some people will be happy enough with an improvement on the previous shitness

No good. Doesn't even rhyme :-)
    Works to a rap beat though.

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

I honestly believe this is the best shape we've been in going into a season since 2011. Actually looks promising.
    Shift Sarr, Tex and maybe Ceballos
    Sign Reeves Martin and Da Silva + spare cm

I think that's a very strong set up

You're intent on getting rid of Tex, but he scored some important goals over the last couple of seasons and made some very important blocks. For me, he has to stay.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Laddick01 said:

I honestly believe this is the best shape we've been in going into a season since 2011. Actually looks promising.
    Shift Sarr, Tex and maybe Ceballos
    Sign Reeves Martin and Da Silva + spare cm

I think that's a very strong set up

You're intent on getting rid of Tex, but he scored some important goals over the last couple of seasons and made some very important blocks. For me, he has to stay.
    Same here, I'd like to keep him.
  • Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59590a9a25c87/ticket-prices-confirmed-for-ireland-friendlies

"Available to purchase on the evening of the match, tickets for the game against Crumlin, which takes place at St Patrick’s Athletic’s Richmond Park, are priced €10 adults and €5 concessions, while U16s go free, and the friendly versus Limerick at Markets Field will see tickets priced €10 adults and €5 concessions and U12s at the turnstiles.

Meanwhile, tickets for the final match of the tour at UCD Bowl will be priced €10 adults, €5 concessions and free for U14s."

Richmond Park is a lovely ground. Very tight, and very easy to get to from central Dublin via the Luas (light rail) red line, just hop on anywhere in the city heading to Tallaght or Saggart and get off at Suir Road or Goldenbridge. Short walk then to the ground. McDowells pub is literally at the ground, you'd often buy tickets in there though I'm not sure if its open right now. Alternative is the Black Lion inn just down the street. Think they do carvery there too.
    https://www.luas.ie/luas-red-line-stops/.

UCD Bowl is a bit further out and you'd probably be looking at a taxi. You could also use Dublin bus but I'm not sure which ones to recommend. Its in the middle of the University campus and a bit tricky to find. There are bars on campus, but I'd probably suggest having a few drinks in town and then getting a taxi to the ground. The Bowl is a generous term for it, its one stand.

Markets Field only opened this season though Limerick did play there many years ago. I'm not too familiar with its location as a friend and I drove directly from Cork and didn't go into the city. Google says its pretty close to the city centre so you could walk it. The area looks a little rough but I can't imagine there would be too much trouble.

The ground itself is a work in progress. One really big stand that looks like a relic from the soviet era but is apparently very comfortable. Grass bank on the opposite side, and a temp stand behind one of the goals. I wouldn't recommend sitting/standing there though. The Stand is a good bit away from the pitch, and the alternative is standing on a flat surface akin to a car park,
  • Options
    there are write ups on 2 of the grounds on football ground guide;

http://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/republic-of-ireland-premier-league-clubs/limerick-markets-field.html

http://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/republic-of-ireland-premier-league-clubs/st-patricks-athletic-fc.html

its a shame that it didn't work out over a weekend as would of tried to get over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    el-pietro said:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59590a9a25c87/ticket-prices-confirmed-for-ireland-friendlies

"Available to purchase on the evening of the match, tickets for the game against Crumlin, which takes place at St Patrick’s Athletic’s Richmond Park, are priced €10 adults and €5 concessions, while U16s go free, and the friendly versus Limerick at Markets Field will see tickets priced €10 adults and €5 concessions and U12s at the turnstiles.

Meanwhile, tickets for the final match of the tour at UCD Bowl will be priced €10 adults, €5 concessions and free for U14s."

Richmond Park is a lovely ground. Very tight, and very easy to get to from central Dublin via the Luas (light rail) red line, just hop on anywhere in the city heading to Tallaght or Saggart and get off at Suir Road or Goldenbridge. Short walk then to the ground. McDowells pub is literally at the ground, you'd often buy tickets in there though I'm not sure if its open right now. Alternative is the Black Lion inn just down the street. Think they do carvery there too.
    https://www.luas.ie/luas-red-line-stops/.

UCD Bowl is a bit further out and you'd probably be looking at a taxi. You could also use Dublin bus but I'm not sure which ones to recommend. Its in the middle of the University campus and a bit tricky to find. There are bars on campus, but I'd probably suggest having a few drinks in town and then getting a taxi to the ground. The Bowl is a generous term for it, its one stand.

Markets Field only opened this season though Limerick did play there many years ago. I'm not too familiar with its location as a friend and I drove directly from Cork and didn't go into the city. Google says its pretty close to the city centre so you could walk it. The area looks a little rough but I can't imagine there would be too much trouble.

The ground itself is a work in progress. One really big stand that looks like a relic from the soviet era but is apparently very comfortable. Grass bank on the opposite side, and a temp stand behind one of the goals. I wouldn't recommend sitting/standing there though. The Stand is a good bit away from the pitch, and the alternative is standing on a flat surface akin to a car park,
    You have omitted the crucial bit of information I need!
    My hotel is apparently easy walking distance from UCD.
    However the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool and the pampering stuff stops at 6pm.
    What do I persuade Mrs Plum to do so I can sneak away to the footie?

Hotel.

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/sthelenshotel-dublin
  • Options
    seth plum said:

You have omitted the crucial bit of information I need!
    My hotel is apparently easy walking distance from UCD.
    However the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool and the pampering stuff stops at 6pm.
    What do I persuade Mrs Plum to do so I can sneak away to the footie?

Hotel.

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/sthelenshotel-dublin

Not sure I can help you there, I try not to spend too much time in Dublin, and when I do its for football or beer.
    Dundrum shopping centre wouldn't be too far I suppose. Blackrock would be one of the fancier areas in Dublin and not far from there but I'm not sure if there are many public amenities. They wouldn't let riffraff like me the affluent areas of South County Dublin. Theres Dun Laoghaire too (pronounced Done Leary) which is by the coast and I've heard nice things about. Alternatively Grafton Street in Dublin for shopping

• Options
    Wonder if this means that Chris Solly will be main Club Captain this season now or whether Jackson will still take the armband if he comes on?

I know people will say that X Player would be a better Captain etc. but I'd still be surprised if someone else was picked ahead of Chris
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Wonder if this means that Chris Solly will be main Club Captain this season now or whether Jackson will still take the armband if he comes on?

I know people will say that X Player would be a better Captain etc. but I'd still be surprised if someone else was picked ahead of Chris
    Pearce for me all day long
    Pearce or Solly are the only two real options out of the consistent starters

Crofts would be my only other choice but see him appearing a bit less than the two mentioned.
  • Options
    Think Holmes would be pretty good if he's still here. Probablybhave Pearce and Solls ahead of him though. Another tweet about Jacko today called him club captain so I assume he still has that role.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Just done it to eminems Lose Youself...tune and it works !!!

• Options

Davo55 said:

I'm no expert
    But it looks to me
    That could be rap
    With a capital C
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jacko club captain, Pearce team captain
  • Options
    Did I see a certain Naby Sarr in that video?
  • Options
    Who's going tonight then?
    I'll be there.
  • Options

I'll be there.

Following on from that will it be streamed? when is KO - i looked on website and didnt show a game tonight but next week??
  • Options

I'll be there.

Following on from that will it be streamed? when is KO - i looked on website and didnt show a game tonight but next week??
    7:45 kick-off.
    no idea about streaming - they streamed some of the stuff from Austria last year so you never know.
  • Options

I'll be there.

7:45 kick-off.
    no idea about streaming - they streamed some of the stuff from Austria last year so you never know.
    You could facebook live it yourself Spiced if you feeling generous :) will be interesting to watch , actually quite excited this year as we have got a bit of business done and no-one of note has left as yet
  • Options
    HandG said:

Did I see a certain Naby Sarr in that video?

Was the back of his head wasnt it when Jacko had the Defenders standing round him?
  • Options
    So the 2nd half will clash with Love Island!

Who is responsible for scheduling these games?