Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• Options

Instead of betting on the game, I should have taken the "over" for mentions of God and Jesus in the postgame.

I went Pats under 48.5, so that went well.
  • Options

Much like people saying the Vikings QB injuries were irrelevant, surely that can be said for Foles now, he was playing at a level beyond Wentz probably would’ve.

Not sure about that. Wentz was making utterly ridiculous throws before his injury.

What I do know is that a QB needy team is about to pay Foles a lot of money.
    But when the eagles are putting up almost 80 in 2 games surely there’s is absolutely no faulting the QB? It seems to be a very qb friendly scheme that teams just couldn’t figure out. Yes Wentz may have been able to play better in it overall but when Foles is playing that well whoever is the QB is almost irrelevant.
    Not faulting Foles at all. More took your original statement to be finding fault in Wentz.

Both played ridiculous seasons, Eagles are very lucky to have them both.
  • Options

Much like people saying the Vikings QB injuries were irrelevant, surely that can be said for Foles now, he was playing at a level beyond Wentz probably would’ve.

Not sure about that. Wentz was making utterly ridiculous throws before his injury.

What I do know is that a QB needy team is about to pay Foles a lot of money.
    But when the eagles are putting up almost 80 in 2 games surely there’s is absolutely no faulting the QB? It seems to be a very qb friendly scheme that teams just couldn’t figure out. Yes Wentz may have been able to play better in it overall but when Foles is playing that well whoever is the QB is almost irrelevant.
    Not faulting Foles at all. More took your original statement to be finding fault in Wentz.

Both played ridiculous seasons, Eagles are very lucky to have them both.
    Agree completely, not necessarily faulting Wentz but as a young QB this would have been a hell of a lot of pressure to handle and we’ll never know how well he would’ve done. On the other hand Foles was about to pack it up not long ago so this was almost a last hurrah with very low expectations from almost everyone and he played his mind out through the playoffs.
  • Options
    Now then, how long till the combine?
  • Options

Now then, how long till the combine?

23 days. :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    RIP the greatest NFC East meme

• Options
    edited February 2018
    My brother and sister in law live in Philly with their kid (quite close to the centre). Just messaged them and they're saying their street is mad at the moment with celebrations. Rare that I'll cheer on any team called Eagles.
  • Options
    Get in. Spoke to a few old uni mates in Philly and they were so drunk they could hardly talk. Happy days.
  • Options
    Couldn't decide between the Super Bowl or watching a re-run of an F1 race with Michael Buble playing in the background?

In the end I painted the spare room and watched the silk emulsion dry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still too ill to go to work so Watching 2nd half now. Would have stayed up if known still be so rough this morning.

Meant to say last night - really like the Chris Collinsworth/ Al Michaels commentary partnership.
  • Options

Couldn't decide between the Super Bowl or watching a re-run of an F1 race with Michael Buble playing in the background?

In the end I painted the spare room and watched the silk emulsion dry!

Was that for 11 mins and 34 seconds but it was actually an hour
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Still too ill to go to work so Watching 2nd half now. Would have stayed up if known still be so rough this morning.

Meant to say last night - really like the Chris Collinsworth/ Al Michaels commentary partnership.

Collinsworth is one of the most biased commentators I've heard. Brady this, Gronk that, Belichick the other. It was tiresome.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

MrOneLung said:

Collinsworth is one of the most biased commentators I've heard. Brady this, Gronk that, Belichick the other. It was tiresome.
    He loves the Pats. Wanted every decision their way.

Great game, well deserved Eagles. Definitely a TD for Ertz.
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been mentioned previously...

According to Wikipedia, Jay Ajayi is the brother of Semi Ajayi (Charlton youth product but didn't make an appearance for us, now at Rotherham).

Not seen this mentioned anywhere else though so not sure it's correct!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Laddick01 said:

It’s not the NFL if you don’t thank God at least 3 times after victory.

I can't wait for the first Muslim QB to thank Allah. Cue redneck America putting its boot through the TV.
  • Options

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously...

According to Wikipedia, Jay Ajayi is the brother of Semi Ajayi (Charlton youth product but didn't make an appearance for us, now at Rotherham).

Not seen this mentioned anywhere else though so not sure it's correct!

unlikely as there's 7 months difference in age between them

and if they are step brothers Semi would presumably moved to the states at the same time as Jay so not been in our youth team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finally watched fourth quarter. Can’t believe they let that last pass nearly get in end zone.
    Ertz was deffo a touchdown for me - right call.
    What a game though.
  • Options
    I am off every Monday so decided to watch this, i haven't watched all season but what a game. No defence but definitely one for the neutrals. In the past i have tried to get into NFL for a couple of seasons and dont mind it, however this season i haven't bothered. Normally watch the superbowl though as i am always off on the Monday :)

I put on initially thinking im going to fall asleep but the game was so end to end , NBA style that i was not going to sleep.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bet he's been promised the Pats job long-term. Colts reported yesterday that he'd agreed terms.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22349872/josh-mcdaniels-spurns-indianapolis-colts-remain-new-england-patriots
  • Options
    Bellichick must have told him he is only doing one more season.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Bellichick must have told him he is only doing one more season.

That's my thinking as well.
  • Options
    Remains to be seen if Patricia sticks around another season
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    sam3110 said:

Remains to be seen if Patricia sticks around another season

Been named head coach of the lions hasn't he ?
  • Options
    Has he? I'll be honest I haven't kept up with it at all, but I hope he does well there