Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

So where is he gonna land?

I am gonna go Broncos.

I think that's a good call. Possibly Jags but Elway seems to prefer established QBs rather than developing them. Cards could be an outside possibility. Interesting to see where Tyrod Taylor ends up as well (please come back to the Ravens!)

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/20978049/nfl-destination-kirk-cousins-ten-teams-washington-redskins-quarterback-play-2018-free-agent-market
  • Options
    I won't be happy if he comes here. This D is only going to get more expensive and we can't afford 30 mil on Cousins in the long term. If - and it's a big if - he comes, next year is basically our only SB shot for a while, I would imagine. Wouldn't want to see him on a long term deal.
  • Options
    The Broncos have got the defence that if they had Cousins think they could win the division next season. Elway has said will address the qb situation just like when they signed Manning.
  • Options
    There's a pretty good case for the Jets:

- $72m in cap space
    - Decent receiving corps (adequate RB situation also)
    - In New York, the big stage
    - Use #6 overall to draft an OT or something to help protect Kirk, which would be a decent incentive

I reckon it'll probably be the Broncos, though. Would love it to be the Browns, who then sign Barkley and Minkah Fitzpatrick, but lol that's just me rooting for the underdog
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The Broncos have got the defence that if they had Cousins think they could win the division next season. Elway has said will address the qb situation just like when they signed Manning.

I think they may need to sort their o-line and run game out.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Surely Cousins is better than Smith, not only are they throwing the money at Smith they’re losing a starter and a 3rd rounder for the privelage. No real winner in this trade in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Surely Cousins is better than Smith, not only are they throwing the money at Smith they’re losing a starter and a 3rd rounder for the privelage. No real winner in this trade in my opinion.

I think the damage was done two years ago with Cousins when they refused to pay him properly and backing RG3 over him. Cousins doesn't want to be there and why waste a franchise tag for it to drag on for another year if you can get someone like Smith in now who can hold the fort for a year or two while they draft and develop someone.
  • Options

I think the damage was done two years ago with Cousins when they refused to pay him properly and backing RG3 over him. Cousins doesn't want to be there and why waste a franchise tag for it to drag on for another year if you can get someone like Smith in now who can hold the fort for a year or two while they draft and develop someone.
    I suppose you’re right, it’s crazy how much the QB-scape has changed since mid season. Smith not in KC, 49ers out of the draft market, I could see the Skins not taking one early too, if not they’ve guarenteed $72 too much to Smith. The Vikings are (even more) up in the air too.
  • Options
    All 3 Vikings QB are free agents shortly. Imagine one of them is gonna get a big payday to stay.
  • Options
    I imagine Keenum will get the gig with the Vikings and maybe the keep Bridgewater on a smaller deal or let him go. Bradford will be cut in that scenario, especially with his injury record. Bridgewater to the Giants could make sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I imagine Keenum will get the gig with the Vikings and maybe the keep Bridgewater on a smaller deal or let him go. Bradford will be cut in that scenario, especially with his injury record. Bridgewater to the Giants could make sense.

I’d say Keenum to the Giants makes more sense than Teddy, without Shurmur I’m not sure how they will view Keenum.
  • Options
    Sorry whoever signs Keenum is in trouble, he a Brock Ostweiler in disguise
  • Options

Sorry whoever signs Keenum is in trouble, he a Brock Ostweiler in disguise

Agreed, would rather give Teddy a go on a much cheaper deal, we also have Sloter who Denver are kicking themselves for letting go and we had trade offers for before the deadline.
  • Options
    I think it's a case of who offers him the most money ie who is most desperate... Broncos, Jets and Browns are most likely in that order IMO.
  • Options
    Solid business decision by the Chiefs. Been fighting a losing battle with the salary cap for a few years and trading Smith will help build a squad with a bit more depth. Will be a gamble with Mahomes though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno why, but not looking forward to this years game like previous years. Might be down to being off work since Wednesday with bastard chest infection and knowing I won’t make it past Justin Bloody Timberlake st half time.
    Or maybe because I can’t see the Eagles getting close to the Patriots.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Not too surprising that Brady won MVP but I am surprised at the margin, he had 40 votes to Gurley’s 8 and Wentz’s 2. Brown not getting a single vote is quite surprising too.
  • Options
    Not long now boys and girls!!!!

Randomly ended up in the Marriot hotel in Slough for tonight's festivities with my best mate of 40 years we're gonna paint the room green!!

• Options
    .... was the start of Ched Evans defence.
  • Options
    Will watch until half time.
    Still suffering chest infection but gotta be back at work tomorrow so up by 06:10

• Options
    Got the day off tomorrow. Don't mind who wins. Hoping for a close game.
  • Options
    On lates tomorrow so can watch the lot. Have pre-loaded on caffeine and have beer, unhealthy snacks and an eagles t-shirt to keep me company (the dog will probably hand around too - he hates football but will reckon on me dropping some crisps at some point)
  • Options
    Please Eagles!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Will watch until half time.
    Still suffering chest infection but gotta be back at work tomorrow so up by 06:10

Get well soon mate, hopefully the eagles won't be 28-3 up at half time!