Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT: assemble at 11am for major demo prior to last game v Swindon (Sunday, April 30th)

Comments

• Options
    i think CARD are great and have done a lot for the club, the Belgium trip in particular was very good and very well organised, wouldn't necessarily saying get violent as i don't want people to get hurt. who knows Roland will probably only do what he wants anyway so it could all be in vain.
  • Options

regarding the whole flare/smokes/pyros everyone was quite happy when they were used last year, and as for the sofa legally it is criminal damage, but again its okay because its for the protest, personally i couldnt give a shit about any of it, but i've said before standing around with a placard saying roland out doesnt do nothing, i hope the game is heavily disrupted/abandoned and on the pitch protest takes place, i wonder if they will have the nets up again.

edit; couldnt give a shit about flares or damage as long as no one is injured.

No damage and no flares has to stay legal theres a line which should not be crossed.
    And last season was numerous smoke bombs and the fan sofa got destroyed?, everyone was quite happy with that
    I can only repeat my previous comment ie the line should not be crossed. Nothing wrong with protesting so long as it does not breach the law.
  • Options

regarding the whole flare/smokes/pyros everyone was quite happy when they were used last year, and as for the sofa legally it is criminal damage, but again its okay because its for the protest, personally i couldnt give a shit about any of it, but i've said before standing around with a placard saying roland out doesnt do nothing, i hope the game is heavily disrupted/abandoned and on the pitch protest takes place, i wonder if they will have the nets up again.

No damage and no flares has to stay legal theres a line which should not be crossed.
    And last season was numerous smoke bombs and the fan sofa got destroyed?, everyone was quite happy with that
    I can only repeat my previous comment ie the line should not be crossed. Nothing wrong with protesting so long as it does not breach the law.
    well, being pedantic, hasn't every in ground protest broken the law as throwing anything towards the pitch is an offence

• Options

well, being pedantic, hasn't every in ground protest broken the law as throwing anything towards the pitch is an offence

In short no i do not consider thowing an item on the pitch because the law in question has a proviso relating to 'lawful exuse'. As the items thrown were thrown during a lawful protest i would say that the 'lawful excuse' proviso was fully active. As the Crown Prosecution Service pressed no charges agaisnt any organisor or protestor i would say they agreed with my point of view the protest was lawful.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

I personally, would only take part in a legal protest and certainly wouldn't tell other people how to behave in such instances; each to their own.

I assume you will be the first on the pitch and the first to lead a level of action to get the game abandoned.
    You wouldn't tell people how to behave yet are saying I should be the 1st on the pitch and the 1st to lead to the game being abandoned?, because I'm hoping that an on the pitch protest takes place.
    I am not saying you should be first on the pitch. You are advocating a pitch invasion and abandoned game. I assume therefore that you will lead from the front; or are you advocating others do so.......just asking.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I'm away but good luck, hope it goes well and give them hell.

https://youtu.be/nfE74l55WDI
  • Options
    We'll be there in black & white.
  • Options

CARD didn't organise the flares.

And the sofa wasn't "destroyed" either. The cushions were ripped up. Again, CARD didnt call for attacking the sofa.

No one is telling you what to do but if you want more "radical" action then it's reasonable for people to ask if you will be leading or at least participating in such action.
    The scatter cushions were scattered across the pitch
  • Options

If I remember this correctly, it all depends on what you throw. It is the throwing of 'missiles' specifically that is a offence. If you don't class the items thrown as missiles, and it seems that The Met/CPS don't (or at least don't have the stomach to make what would likely be quite an embarrassing case in court), then no-one has broken the law. Given that nobody has been convicted of throwing beach balls or piggies, and as far as I know nobody has even been arrested for such, then it's pretty safe to assume that no offences have been committed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you kick an item onto the pitch I think you're OK.
  • Options
    Stig said:

If I remember this correctly, it all depends on what you throw. It is the throwing of 'missiles' specifically that is a offence. If you don't class the items thrown as missiles, and it seems that The Met/CPS don't (or at least don't have the stomach to make what would likely be quite an embarrassing case in court), then no-one has broken the law. Given that nobody has been convicted of throwing beach balls or piggies, and as far as I know nobody has even been arrested for such, then it's pretty safe to assume that no offences have been committed.
    Stig said:

As long as no-one takes one of these into the ground and chucks it on the pitch I reckon we'll be alright ...

• Options
    I'll better contact Amazon to cancel my order.
  • Options
    I'll be there. Plus 3.

#Rolandout #OneJohnnieJackson
  • Options
    Is there any chance of them stopping people moving blocks and checking tickets at the entrance to each block?

Or will we be safe to buy tickets in A block and move along the W lower?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is there any chance of them stopping people moving blocks and checking tickets at the entrance to each block?

ssshhhhh!
  • Options

Uboat said:

I don't know, but there's going to be a very mature looking under 11 in E block.
    this just made me picture this classic from ofah

imageimage
    Rodney canters trotter :wink:
  • Options
    Got me ticket for WSL block D. Looking forward to the protest. Now where can I get a drink at 10am on a Sunday morning????
  • Options

Got me ticket for WSL block D. Looking forward to the protest. Now where can I get a drink at 10am on a Sunday morning????

the oak is open from 10am i believe.
  • Options

the oak is open from 10am i believe.
    Yay!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if either of the car parks for £5 will be open as driving up from South Kent?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Anyone who's thinking, "not sure about this one, it's a bit early" or similar - just please watch the Guardian video on the separate thread. If that doesn't persuade protesting fans to turn up for this one, nothing will!

Not persuaded!
    Try being an Orient supporter.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Davo55 said:

Anyone who's thinking, "not sure about this one, it's a bit early" or similar - just please watch the Guardian video on the separate thread. If that doesn't persuade protesting fans to turn up for this one, nothing will!

Not persuaded!
    Try being an Orient supporter.
    Tongue in cheek hopefully,otherwise a few yrs down the line,maybe the other badly run clubs supporters could be saying the same thing about us...!!!

Just Sell the Club...

Ps...I just hope Orient can run there twat of an owner out too,so they then can start to rebuild with proper football people in charge...it's what all true football fans in general would hope for surely