Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Unfortunately, in this country football has sold itself to the devil due to the greed of professional footballers and their greedier agents. As usual the fans are the ones that suffer. Our football clubs are being sold left, right and centre to foreign money who do not give a shit or con artists who do not give a shit. We have been bought by both types of wners in recent years and why? because Richard Murray has fucked up.

True, but pudding or dessert?
  • Options
    We used to say pudding, even if it was just a kitkat or a penguin.
  • Options
    Or a Trio or United or 54321
  • Options
    Or a Club.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Pudding or dessert?

Afters
    Afters is 5am standing in someone's kitchen
  • Options
    Yes, I have been drinking.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Or a Breakaway
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Uboat said:

Or a Breakaway
    Or a Blue Ribbon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or a Rocky
  • Options

I’ve got nothing to add to this ridiculous thread except this

Source?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Fumbluff said:

Redrobo said:

At school, it was always called dinner time for mid-day meal.

And in my day the staff behind the jump were dinner ladies and you went home for tea.

Sunday lunch was the exception.

That said, meals should be breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, dinner, supper.
    But wasn’t Sunday lunch a roast dinner???
    You are sounding a bit French there if you don’t mind me saying.

It is Sunday lunch, and we have a roast dinner. Can’t see the contradiction myself.
    I am French, you should have been able to tell from my name, rosbeef
  • Options
    Or a Viscount (mint of course)

And I haven’t been drinking
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Uboat said:

Or a Breakaway
    Don’t take away my Breakaway
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

See there’s one thing I don’t like about the Aussie model and that is that it is too similar to the RD Belgian dream but using Australian links to fulfil our quota of players

All signs that the Australian consortium do not have the required pool of cash to help us regain a decent foothold in divisions higher than we currently are

Mate, I should give it a rest now.

The thing you don’t like about the Sussie model?!? You don’t know what the model is. They’ve already said it’s not going to be an Aussie nursery club.

You don’t really know about their finances either. It’s fine to speculate but don’t present it as fact when you don’t know for sure.

I’d ignore your mate for a bit, relax, and wait for it to happen, or not happen, and take it from there. There’s a World Cup on you know, it’s quite good.
    Agree with James on the nursery club and finances. Without the money the deal can’t go through so I’m not so concerned about that. I don’t feel they want to spend tens of millions buying and running the club just to give Aussie players somewhere to play either.

The thing I’m not sure about is a consortium - will decisions such as managers and signings need to go through multiple investors before they can be signed off? Will investors have different ideas on making a successful club rather than knowing what they should focus on? We can worry about things like that if it ever goes through.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

What I’m really failing to comprehend is that if there truly is a second British consortium still in the running. What on Earth is stopping them from getting ahead of the Australian’s who have been falling short for reasons that are largely unclear for weeks and possibly months.

Was just about to post this. If a British consortium really is a genuine contender what's the hold up with them and why has Roland stated, on the official club site, that he hopes to complete a deal with the Aussies? If the British bid has been there since day one then what's their issue?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Or a Club.

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feck this thread big time.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

@Grapevine49

Great post as per normal

See there’s one thing I don’t like about the Aussie model and that is that it is too similar to the RD Belgian dream but using Australian links to fulfil our quota of players

I certainly could have put that aside and watched it all unfold and give it the benefit of the doubt but there’s something telling me that there is more to it than that

The thing that troubles me with the cash issue is that had the EFL not pulled up the duel football issue and the club would’ve been sold at the agreed price before last Sunday’s cut off

There’s also the issue that @Davidsmith has once again pointed out and that @Airman Brown has agreed is taking place and that is the deal with the ex directors is currently being sought this can be for one of two reasons

To facilitate a deal where the ground and training ground can be used separately by RD as a revenue stream and to hold us hostage like Coventry

Or the debt is needed to be removed to facilitate the sale without changing down the asking price

All signs that the Australian consortium do not have the required pool of cash to help us regain a decent foothold in divisions higher than we currently are

@Davidsmith like myself has mentioned and believe that there is still British interest and it has not gone away from the very beginning

I personally am hoping that this can be held up by the directors not selling up unless a group or an individual wealthy enough and experienced enough in uk football with a real concept and understanding of how to get us out of this predicament

If the Aussies win and RD is gone then that will only be a good thing because a real enemy will be gone that we both agree

The rest is going to be a watch this space as something doesn’t sit right

Long post for NLA, has anyone seen Grapevine & NLA in the same room?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Macronate said:

Pudding or dessert?

Neither it's 'Afters' or sweet.
  • Options
    Can a Pot Noodle be eaten as lunch or dinner/supper?
  • Options
    Ross said:

Can a Pot Noodle be eaten as lunch or dinner/supper?

Yeah of course but one fart and you'll be Hank Marvin :wink: .
  • Options
    I think Muir already dismissed the feeder club angle. They want to tap into the potential fanbase of Aussies working here, visitors and eventually the interest in the Prem at home. They want the Addicks to be the go to side for anyone from down under. Aussie stars here will be a bonus.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I think Muir already dismissed the feeder club angle. They want to tap into the potential fanbase of Aussies working here, visitors and eventually the interest in the Prem at home. They want the Addicks to be the go to side for anyone from down under. Aussie stars here will be a bonus.

And what you meant to do if you detest Aussies?

This'll be page 970 btw
  • Options
    edited June 2018

And what you meant to do if you detest Aussies?
    I am one fella. Born in Burnie for Midnight Oil fans.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!