Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Gammon said:

I think people are posting more cause were near to 1000 - I'd never do that

Nor would I...
    digusting behaviour if true.
  • Options
    Insomnia here too! My questions for anyone itk and in particular @Redhenry and @Airman Brown .

1) Is Varney behind the failed Saudi bid?
    2) Is there a business link (other than Jiminez), between Kevin Cash and Mike Ashley?

Sorry if the answers may seem obvious to others.
  • Options
    What's for breakfast?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Macronate said:

Pudding or dessert?

Neither it's 'Afters' or sweet.
    Afters died for me in 1976.

My new bride of one day had made a nice dinner, but looked at me askance when I asked, 'What's for afters?' Afters? she said ... like what? 'Oh you know something with custard' ' ... like what with custard?' 'Well ... apple pie, rhubarb crumble, spotted dick, fruit salad.' My extensive list of Mum's delights soon began to falter though as the atmosphere plummeted to the depths of a late Millwall goal at the Valley. I never even got to rice pudding!

Actually, does anyone have proper afters anymore?
    I haven’t munched on a nice spotted dick in years.
  • Options

What's for breakfast?

Smoked addick.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I actually can't remember what life was like before this thread.

There wasn't even a tunnel, let alone a light at the end of it.
  • Options
    What came first Charlton Life or the takeover thread?
  • Options

What came first Charlton Life or the takeover thread?

The egg, obviously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Century egg?

• Options
    Eggs for breakfast. Hurray!
  • Options
    I've got a full English buffet breakfast this morning but not until 10.00 so thanks you lot, for making my stomach rumble already. Might have to have a slice of toast to stay the worms :wink: .
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Admin.

In the interests of fair play, would it be possible to review the entire thread and remove the pages of puns, willy waving, food references and general bollocks.

It wouldn’t be right for someone to receive a promote when they haven’t truly earned it.

That would leave about... One page. One and a half, max.
  • Options

What's for breakfast?

Pot noodle
  • Options
    I look forward to the moment the thread says "closed" because the takeover is complete...and after we've had a natter about it with a series of its happening GIFs....it's a big goodbye.

Will be good when there is a new takeover complete thread....followed by "what do we know about the Aussies?" Thread

Then can we trust em

Then I don't like the look of this. What's happening to our club

Then being a Charlton fan continues.
  • Options

What's for breakfast?

Pot noodle
    Microwaved?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What's for breakfast?

Pot noodle
    Microwaved?
    HEATHEN!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not far from the truth it’s definitely come from the sellers side

But hey you don’t have to believe my 100% track record

But, RD apart, just who is on the seller's side, nla ?

The Grim Reaper,
    Sad but true.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5484678/sporting-declaration-the-game-changer-for-australian-soccer/

An Australian’s view on the takeover. This is the funniest bit:

But what if Charlton became the preferred destination for ambitious Aussies? What if one day a team based in London, featuring a large Australian contingent, was able to win the FA Cup or Premier League … or even the European Champions League?

Christ!

If that happens, give me Duchatelet every day of the week.

• Options
    Scoham said:

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5484678/sporting-declaration-the-game-changer-for-australian-soccer/

An Australian’s view on the takeover. This is the funniest bit:

But what if Charlton became the preferred destination for ambitious Aussies? What if one day a team based in London, featuring a large Australian contingent, was able to win the FA Cup or Premier League … or even the European Champions League?
    Things like that don’t happen to us.

The Aussie didn't see our performance against Shrewsbury recently then?

League 1 promotion first...then Real Madrid!
  • Options
    E=MCxMC, M-29=CL History
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Macronate said:

Pudding or dessert?

Neither it's 'Afters' or sweet.
    Afters died for me in 1976.

My new bride of one day had made a nice dinner, but looked at me askance when I asked, 'What's for afters?' Afters? she said ... like what? 'Oh you know something with custard' ' ... like what with custard?' 'Well ... apple pie, rhubarb crumble, spotted dick, fruit salad.' My extensive list of Mum's delights soon began to falter though as the atmosphere plummeted to the depths of a late Millwall goal at the Valley. I never even got to rice pudding!

Actually, does anyone have proper afters anymore?
    Anyone remember cremola rice...... mmmmm mm, used to love it. Made by Greens I think. Sadly no more.
  • Options
    "Today is gonna be the day"...
  • Options
    If this is true, is this the believed delay in proceedings?

• Options
    shirty5 said:

If this is true, is this the believed delay in proceedings?

Thats just blaaady tpical
  • Options

Chizz said:

The three meals you can eat each day are either breakfast, lunch and dinner, in that order; or breakfast, lunch and supper, in that order.

Dinner is never served in the middle of the day.

Yes is a drink not a meal. Although you can have sandwiches, biscuits, cake or bread and jam with tea.

Fact.

If you're working class and from the midlands or north, you may well eat breakfast, dinner and tea, in that order.
    Well that's what I have always eaten but I ain't from the Midlands or oop North. I was born and bred on Coldharbour Estate.
    You must have been the posh one on the Estate.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!