Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I am surprised that DD is still being mentioned as one of the reasons for the delay. That really should have been completed some time ago.

Probably explains what the 'legal' people have been doing since around february time when it was announced that the price had been agreed with 2 separate consortiums and it was now with the solicitors or words to that affect.
  • Options

I am surprised that DD is still being mentioned as one of the reasons for the delay. That really should have been completed some time ago.

Having been involved in deals bigger than this, DD isn't really finished until you sign on the dotted line.
    don't tell cardigan and his mates
  • Options
    And she presented Jimmy with a bill for it I heard
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Probably explains what the 'legal' people have been doing since around february time when it was announced that the price had been agreed with 2 separate consortiums and it was now with the solicitors or words to that affect.
    You know very well that Murray said due diligence was already complete at that point. You can’t rely on his statements on the one hand and dismiss them on the other, just because it happens to suit you.
    You know very well that there can be a difference between the dd process being completed and any issues resulting from it being satisfactorily resolved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DOUCHER said:

You know very well that Murray said due diligence was already complete at that point. You can’t rely on his statements on the one hand and dismiss them on the other, just because it happens to suit you.
    We've been down this road airman - dd had not been completed when i said it (based on info earlier in december) and in the period before i said it, access to information was made available to interested parties but a 2 way dd process had not begun and the asking price had not been revealed. Those are the facts. When did RM say dd had been undertaken - february? DD has been ongoing and still is so how can it have been completed in December?

Doesn't matter other than to shove it up the snipers and where did you get the info about the 'low ball'??? can't have it both ways
  • Options

What’s very clear is that RD threw his toys out of the pram last week, forcing the sale of Konsa for a discount, blocked the pre-season tour and talked to staff about other cuts. The pre-season tour is not a significant financial item in relation to the deal and neither is Harry Lennon. Players were being touted at discounts for cash on his instructions.

I think he lost his rag because the Aussies were unwilling or unable to complete on agreed terms.

When the details began to emerge via Richard Cawley on Tuesday there was a big PR effort involving Rubashow to pretend it was all a managed situation and everything had been planned all along. Perhaps by that point it had indeed calmed down, but you can’t explain RD’s behaviour just in terms of trying to close a gap in the value of the business. By that point the cat was out of the bag because RD had upset people at the club.

I wonder if Duchatelet said to Rubashow to paint a pretty picture, or if others at the club told him to.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

We've been down this road airman - dd had not been completed when i said it (based on info earlier in december) and in the period before i said it, access to information was made available to interested parties but a 2 way dd process had not begun and the asking price had not been revealed. Those are the facts. When did RM say dd had been undertaken - february? DD has been ongoing and still is so how can it have been completed in December?

Doesn't matter other than to shove it up the snipers and where did you get the info about the 'low ball'??? can't have it both ways
    Murray said in mid January that multiple parties had already done DD which is a mattter of record. To my certain knowledge Gardikiotis had done it via PwC in September-October. Meire went to Mishcon in November and came back with a list of items that needed to be resolved, including sub-leases.

I’m quite willing to accept it’s an ongoing process and that the nature of the Aussie group has meant new parties doing their own work, but If you are going to rely on Murray’s account you can’t pick and choose.
  • Options
    We are in the process of a take over? I hadn’t noticed. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Who is Gardikiotis?
  • Options

Who is Gardikiotis?

The Greek.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Very good. Better than that one of Ronaldo.

Who would like to see Katrien's bust return to the Valley?
  • Options

What’s very clear is that RD threw his toys out of the pram last week, forcing the sale of Konsa for a discount, blocked the pre-season tour and talked to staff about other cuts. The pre-season tour is not a significant financial item in relation to the deal and neither is Harry Lennon. Players were being touted at discounts for cash on his instructions.

I think he lost his rag because the Aussies were unwilling or unable to complete on agreed terms.

When the details began to emerge via Richard Cawley on Tuesday there was a big PR effort involving Rubashow to pretend it was all a managed situation and everything had been planned all along. Perhaps by that point it had indeed calmed down, but you can’t explain RD’s behaviour just in terms of trying to close a gap in the value of the business. By that point the cat was out of the bag because RD had upset people at the club.

My assumption all along is that any buyer would have to more or less agree a price before getting into the serious nitty gritty of the details. If you don't accept the price, you walk away there and then. I thought the price had been agreed back in February when Murray made his statement? Murray might have made many dubious or debatable comments over the years, but I can't see an experienced businessman like him telling an outright lie, one which could be proved to be untrue.
    I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year. Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.
    If it's the Aussies who are attempting to move the goalposts or causing the delays, then it's hardly a surprise that RD would "throw his toys out of the pram", I imagine most people in that situation would do the same, if only to put pressure back on the buyers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ e got as far as page 947, read every page up until then but honestly that’s it. When he’s sold, someone will tell me and I’ll buy the family season tickets. Bye.
  • Options

mascot88 said:

he's never going to leave.

if we get out of this NOT in div 4, itll be a miracle.

his death is our only hope.

On many occasions you have referred to the death of Duchatelet.

Be ashamed of yourself, that is a disgusting thing to say.
    I gave him several chances but he kept kicking me in the balls, so fuck him...

• Options

JamesSeed said:

The bird from bake off did it?
    Obviously. Didn't you know Sue Perkins supports Charlton ? She actually does.
    I had to look that up - it’s true

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2004/oct/08/smalltalk.sportinterviews
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Serious question. Are you lonely?
    Interesting there isn’t a word that means the opposite of lonely. If there was, I’d be that.
    Two words.
    Crowded House.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

The aussies can save £2m by stalling until the new season starts as RD will have to cover the losses in close season.

Just a thought

£3m for Konsa. Just a thought.
    Brentford didnt announce as a record signing which i think stands at 2.9M
    £2.3 million was the figure I was told by a Brentford fan who is usually well informed
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

DOUCHER said:

You know very well that there can be a difference between the dd process being completed and any issues resulting from it being satisfactorily resolved.
    Correct which is why I said that earlier.

Beardy is trying to make it look like his unreliable source's "fact" that nothing was happening back end of last year was correct when even his ultimate source IE Murray has said DD has long been done.

DD is done. The argument now is what did it reveal that impacts on the price.

WIOTOS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!