Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Dave2l said:
    1977 , left school at 16 and started work , still there after 42 years.

Must be a very good place 👌

Although the company I work for is still more or less the same , the jobs I've had within it have been many and varied over the years.
  • Options
    Somewhere like Unilever I guess...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    1978, Argentina win football world cup.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Addickted said:
    Anyone in the directors box later?.
    Expecting @bobmunro to be sidled up with the away Directors with a large plate of vol au vents.
    Nope. On way back to hotel and then a curry in Brick Lane.

i saw them before the game but didn’t want to disturb their grief after!
    I expect you to be giving them grief about it on Monday @bobmunro
    You had better believe it. I’ll be camped outside Peter’s office!
    Glad you’ve got the bragging rights mate, pleasure to meet you and your lads.  Hope you had a good journey back 
  • Options
    It’s happening...tomorrow!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    What... Monday?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    What... Monday?
    Tomorrow 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    What... Monday?
    Meltdown Monday 2

Let's hope it's a bit livelier than Meltdown Monday 1. Did we ever get to the bottom of that?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Horsfield9 said:
    1977 , left school at 16 and started work , still there after 42 years.
    I thought you used to play for Charlton, Arthur.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m sure that once RD has read Airman’s piece from BTTV or the other thread then he will sell the club. Not long to go now folks. 
  • Options
    No no posts for a whole day? Have I missed something???
  • Options
    Scoops said:

Obviously not mate.
  • Options
    Scoops said:
    You'll be surprised to learn ...... nothing's happened.

• Options
    Scoops said:
    Hold on a minute I will check.........
  • Options
    Surprised there's not been much discussion of this Peter Johnson takeover.

I heard he hasn't got the money.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Time for a House Analogy !
    (I've retired from fish puns after doing 18 in one post)

When you sell your house you give the 5 kids under 15 next door £10 to go and play far far away not scream through the thin walls.
    You don't show all the problems and myriad of jobs that need doing as potential buyers walk through the door or tell them they would be crazy to buy this house.
    You state the unique selling points about the lovely neighbours (from hell) and the local school is top of the league table (bullshit)
    Plus the reliable local train service (bullshit)

Roland Duchatelet is the worst Salesman since Gerald Ratner.

Totally crap.
  • Options
    Just curious. Did the Aussies accept RD's valuation of the club - I thought I heard that mentioned. So possibly the reason RD feels he can arse around with the other bidders when they offer a more realistic valuation of the worth of Charlto Athletic, is that he has a bid somewhere on the table which approximates to what he wants, even though it never seems near to being achieved. In which case, the presence of the Aussies is an active hindrance.
    None of this takes into account RD and his utter failure to have any sort of business nous, but even by his standards, his ability to drive off every other offer must have some basis, however arcane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Just curious. Did the Aussies accept RD's valuation of the club - I thought I heard that mentioned. So possibly the reason RD feels he can arse around with the other bidders when they offer a more realistic valuation of the worth of Charlto Athletic, is that he has a bid somewhere on the table which approximates to what he wants, even though it never seems near to being achieved. In which case, the presence of the Aussies is an active hindrance.
    None of this takes into account RD and his utter failure to have any sort of business nous, but even by his standards, his ability to drive off every other offer must have some basis, however arcane.
    But Roland changed the price on the Aussie by adding on the previously "all sorted, not a problem" directors bonds.

The Aussies are NOT the problem here as much as people keep trying to make it so.

Duchatelet is the problem.

The Europeans and Dalman have been messed about on the price and negotiations.  The Aussie had a deal but Duchatelet changed it.

And if the Aussies are a problem and unreliable than Duchatelet could have just taken one of the many other offers, but he hasn't.

Duchatelet wants too much and he wants protection from any liabilities as well as future payments on success and player sales. 

Duchatelet is the problem.

Any issues we have at the moment at Charlton, the answer is always going to be the same... Duchatelet is undeniably a major problem.

*Dickheadelet.
    Apologies slight typo on his name there. 
  • Options
    The Rat is on a win win ATM.
    He gives Bow and Co a shit budget in L1 and Bow gets us promoted so The Rat hoicks up the price. He then gives Bow another shit budget for the Championship (I understand that as it stands we could break even this season), should Bow pull of another miracle the Rat gets loaded with Prem money!
    Rattys played a blinder if you ask me, he disgusts me but he’s doing well (for himself)

• Options
    Greenie said:
    He gives Bow and Co a shit budget in L1 and Bow gets us promoted so The Rat hoicks up the price. He then gives Bow another shit budget for the Championship (I understand that as it stands we could break even this season), should Bow pull of another miracle the Rat gets loaded with Prem money!
    Rattys played a blinder if you ask me, he disgusts me but he’s doing well (for himself)

Or, the most likely outcome, we get relegated and he's back to losing money.
  • Options
    Time for a House Analogy !
    (I've retired from fish puns after doing 18 in one post)

When you sell your house you give the 5 kids under 15 next door £10 to go and play far far away not scream through the thin walls.
    You don't show all the problems and myriad of jobs that need doing as potential buyers walk through the door or tell them they would be crazy to buy this house.
    You state the unique selling points about the lovely neighbours (from hell) and the local school is top of the league table (bullshit)
    Plus the reliable local train service (bullshit)

Roland Duchatelet is the worst Salesman since Gerald Ratner.

Totally crap.
    This the worst salesman ever, perhaps Roland hired him? 
  • Options
    Greenie said:

We won’t get relegated!
  • Options
    Wasn't this a deal for a year for £600,000? So we are losing money, Hamed is not able to play for anyone whilst this is going on, and Brighton can't play him. No-one comes out of this with any good?
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

We won’t get relegated!
    With the lowest wage budget in the league, we are statistically the most likely to go down. If Bowyer finishes in 23rd or 22nd instead of 24th, he's over achieved
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I still can't understand that surely before accumulating more losses why he wouldn't put the 4million he was potentially investing into toney into the directors loans for a quicker sale
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!