Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

First one to drop out of the bleep test :lol:

didn't watch it, but really?????.......that's shocking
    Yes, really. So much for all that fitness and weight loss talk.

Either that or he's inherently lazy and couldn't be arsed to keep up.

Even Jacko outlasted him, and he's got no legs
    Jacko beat Marshall and Holmes too but as Keith Peacock said often players are asked to drop out for various reasons
    Surprised they let Kashi go for as long as he did then!
  • Options

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Jacko beat Marshall and Holmes too but as Keith Peacock said often players are asked to drop out for various reasons

Did Kashi have a history of injury problems before joining us or is it only since joining?
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Did Kashi have a history of injury problems before joining us or is it only since joining?
    Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2007–2012 Châteauroux 85 (4)
    2012–2015 Metz 77 (1)
    2015– Charlton Athletic 11 (0

Hard to say from this, but I think it's likely he didn't have many problems.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Chrispy51 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2007–2012 Châteauroux 85 (4)
    2012–2015 Metz 77 (1)
    2015– Charlton Athletic 11 (0

Hard to say from this, but I think it's likely he didn't have many problems.
    TransferMarkt is usually better to rely upon for appearances rather than Wikipedia

2014/15: 19-games... Missed 4-games due to Algeria | 10-games wasnt on the bench
    2013:14: 33-games... 5-games wasnt on the bench
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Gavin Peacock said during the bleep test that Watt was looking much leaner too.

From what I could see (this doesn't include the guys on the far side as I couldn't see them)

Watt first

Holmes was next out with Mark Marshall.
    Holmes and Marshall went straight over to join Watt

Pearce fell next with Solly

Then Jacko

Bauer and Ceballos followed.

Dijksteel was the next to go followed by KAG

Kashi, Ajose and Fosu were I think the next three and Aaron Barnes kept motoring through... as winner

Just from the other thread...
    Isn't Gavin Peacock a priest?
  • Options
    Gone to the Kashi Thread to continue the discussion:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76984/kashi#latest
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Gavin Peacock said during the bleep test that Watt was looking much leaner too.

From what I could see (this doesn't include the guys on the far side as I couldn't see them)

Watt first

Holmes was next out with Mark Marshall.
    Holmes and Marshall went straight over to join Watt

Pearce fell next with Solly

Then Jacko

Bauer and Ceballos followed.

Dijksteel was the next to go followed by KAG

Kashi, Ajose and Fosu were I think the next three and Aaron Barnes kept motoring through... as winner

Just from the other thread...
    Isn't Gavin Peacock a priest?
    Dazzler21 said:

Doh! Meant Keith... not Gavin.

It seems I substituted the father for the son. Who knows he might even be the first substitute of that kind I have made!

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think Tony is the typical ''has a natural raw talent but isn't bothered about football all that much'' kind of player.

If he could realise that the more effort he puts into football, the more money he can make. He can then add to the production value of 'Watt to Watch'. He needs to watch other reviews and maybe read one or two of @Bedsaddick's reviews and go from there.

There is no harm in using his non footballing time to work on fitness for Job Development, with YouTube on in the back ground for Personal Development.

Football is his job, Films are his passion.

Why not maximise your development at your job to fuel your passion?

The next Vinny Jones?
  • Options
    I hope watt and others aren't automatically assuming he will be in any matchday squad, let alone team.
    If Watt somehow gets picked and puts in a run of 15 games with about 10 goals then things change, but until then he is behind KAG and Brandon Hanlan in the pecking order given his contribution last season, and his contribution to his own skill over his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

KAG and Hanlon have one goal for Charlton between them. Tony Watt is definitely not behind either of them in the pecking order.

+1
  • Options
    KAG is a league 2 / conference player at best

Would love I be convinced otherwise but I've seen nothing to convince me that he'll make the grade with us
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    sam3110 said:

Edit: you can see TW dropping out at 12.04 - but looks like he may have felt a twinge as he seemed to pull up just slightly.

If you follow the link though to Facebook you can rewatch it. Tony didn't look unfit. Maybe lacking in stamina but not surprising given his base at the end of last season. Hopefully he'll build that up over pre-season.

• Options
    Definitely pulled up. #Prayforwatt
  • Options
    cafctom said:

KAG and Hanlon have one goal for Charlton between them. Tony Watt is definitely not behind either of them in the pecking order.

I added 'given his contribution last season', in that context I would line him up behind KAG and Hanlan and invite him to prove himself. Indeed if Watt isn't a first team starter early season, and he is still at the club, I would hope to see him play at Greenwich Borough with the reserves, and giving it his all.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

cafctom said:

I added 'given his contribution last season', in that context I would line him up behind KAG and Hanlan and invite him to prove himself. Indeed if Watt isn't a first team starter early season, and he is still at the club, I would hope to see him play at Greenwich Borough with the reserves, and giving it his all.
    I agree with you Seth. None of them have scored as many goals for Charlton as Derek Hales but they are all in front of him in the pecking order.
  • Options
    I'd rather he was on the pitch in a Charlton shirt, than locked in the kit room!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Definitely pulled up. #Prayforwatt

Groin injury.

1) a few weeks rest will do
    2) operation needed
    17) Watt returns after a year recuperating in Malta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Watt is a bit more of a team player already this year?
  • Options

looks like hes shifted a bit of timber aswell, im prepared to give him another shot this year and hopefully can silence the critics if he puts his all into it could be one of the best players in the league, if he does his usual then he may aswell go.

He just has to remember that as creative as he is, he isn't our best striker of the ball so passing needs to be done!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

looks like hes shifted a bit of timber aswell, im prepared to give him another shot this year and hopefully can silence the critics if he puts his all into it could be one of the best players in the league, if he does his usual then he may aswell go.

He just has to remember that as creative as he is, he isn't our best striker of the ball so passing needs to be done!
    if he could sort this aspect of his game out instead of trying to grab all the limelight then i think he could be very good.
  • Options
    He's never going to have much of an engine, but if he's in good enough shape - i.e. not carrying excess weight and has a decent level of fitness, he'll find himself arriving in the box on time, winning chases with CBs and having quicker feet for beating a man. He doesn't need to be winning bleep tests but the base fitness just wasn't there at all last season.
  • Options
    Someone better tell him he's British
  • Options
    Those Beckham boots are beautiful, in my opinion.

Regarding Tony, as stated before on here recently, he will be an asset for us this coming season, I genuinely believe that.