Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

i never really got the hate for tony watt.

Not hate. Disappointment expressed in over the top comments.

Plus a bit of a loss of face to those predicting he was going to rip them a new one in this league!
    I also think a lot of it stems from the fact that he played for a certain club in glasgow aswell. i dont think he was that bad compared to some of the other shit weve had.
  • Options
    If he sorted his fitness/motivation issues out there is no reason he couldnt be a top Championship striker. Hope he manages it too as I think he is a far better bloke than people/media outlets give him credit for. Good luck TW.
  • Options
    Just watched all of the interview and thought TW came across well really hope next season he kicks on and does not waste his undoubted ability.
  • Options
    Sadly, I did not think he will do anything other than waste his ability.
  • Options

Sadly, I did not think he will do anything other than waste his ability.

Come on, he is good at keeping the ball in the corner for a couple of minutes :smiley:
  • Options
    Talented player with a likeable personality. A free signing! Someone will sign Tony and 'hope' he will unleash his talent...but unfortunately he probably won't. I think we glimpsed the best of him against QPR when he was pretty much invincible. But these days managers want players to give everything for the team aka Marshalls awesome display last week. But I wish him well and hope he does remind his form.
  • Options

Tonight's TWeet

Any of my mates also unemployed would like to start a through the night gaming school - sleep all day game all night?

Yep, he's really trying ....

A decent guy, a special talent, a career that peaked at 18 - what a sad waste. Someone have a word.

• Options
    The guy is an embarrassent, one of the lucky few who is good enough to play professionally and can't be bothered to get/stay fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots have had a word. His childhood wasn’t great which explains some of his attitude issues and it’s safe to say he won’t be settling into a career in quantum physics or similar.

Such a wasted talent because his ability is extraordinary but an old team mate of his was far from complimentary about him so it seems he’s his own worst enemy
  • Options

Why would you actively want someone out of work?

Id actively want Donald Trump to be unemployed if poss?

• Options

Tonight's TWeet

Any of my mates also unemployed would like to start a through the night gaming school - sleep all day game all night?

A decent guy, a special talent, a career that peaked at 18 - what a sad waste. Someone have a word.

If you're unemployed why not just play games all day, then sleep at night?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Lots have had a word. His childhood wasn’t great which explains some of his attitude issues and it’s safe to say he won’t be settling into a career in quantum physics or similar.

Such a wasted talent because his ability is extraordinary but an old team mate of his was far from complimentary about him so it seems he’s his own worst enemy

Must have missed that, who/what did they say?

Got to confess I read that tweet when I was scrolling through my feed last night and well... hopefully he's saved a decent chunk of the money he's already earned in his career.
  • Options

Tonight's TWeet

If you're unemployed why not just play games all day, then sleep at night?
    Watt doesn't need to be unemployed though does he? He shouldn't be in this position and gaming all night and sleeping all day isn't going to help his fitness issues.

If he really really wants to get back into football then he could. Loads of clubs would take him, albeit in Scotland or in League 1, 2 or the Conference on a non contract basis. He could prove himself at that level and who know what might happen next.

Watt should watch the Salah documentary - going to school for a 7.00am start then 9 hours a day travelling on a bus to and from training, sometimes getting home at 1.00am the following morning every week and for 5 days a week too.

Bet Salah never had a Play Station. Bet Salah is glad he didn't.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Must have missed that, who/what did they say?

Got to confess I read that tweet when I was scrolling through my feed last night and well... hopefully he's saved a decent chunk of the money he's already earned in his career.
    A couple of people that have played alongside him just made generic comments. One I played golf with and I said "No Tony this year sadly" and the response was along the lines of "Thank god for that, fucking lunatic"

A couple of other comments I got were similarly negative about him. Very talented player but "just not wired up right"

• Options
    edited June 2018
    he tweeted about scp being a legend the other day, seemed alright to me, and he wasnt that bad of a player tbh either certainly had a lot lot worse.
  • Options

Hope he doesn't find a club.

Any particular reason or do you just not like him?

• Options
    masicat said:

Shook his hand once.
    Weak handshake, weak man.

Scottish people don’t shake hands so he’s probably not used to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

as he no longer is a Charlton player i don't really know why people comment on him - especially to bitch about him on a football forum.

Firstly, we talk about ex-players and managers all the time... and I find his car crash career kind of fascinating, given that he's still so young and what we've seen he's capable of - although I (and I'm pretty sure most others on here) are rooting for him to turn it around an make something of the talent. Basically, I don't think I'm alone in finding him interesting.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

as he no longer is a Charlton player i don't really know why people comment on him - especially to bitch about him on a football forum.

Firstly, we talk about ex-players and managers all the time... and I find his car crash career kind of fascinating, given that he's still so young and what we've seen he's capable of - although I (and I'm pretty sure most others on here) are rooting for him to turn it around an make something of the talent. Basically, I don't think I'm alone in finding him interesting.
    not in depth like tony watt and especially that he only made 53 appearances for us and scored 9 goals, nothing wrong with having a chat about him, but hoping he doesn't get a club and calling him a "weak" man i find a bit weird, but each to there own, equally the abuse he gets is unwarranted and especially that on his social media accounts there are some players who are rc and are knobheads James McLean being one of them, tony's a lad that played for his boyhood club and scored an important goal, of course hes going to dwell on it. BTW this isn't an attack on you just getting across my points.
  • Options
    Always sad to see talent most people can only dream off being squandered through lack of application or direction.
  • Options
    I think he may be saying it to get a few nibbles. He also talks about another run out the way. As said previously, I'm forming my opinion on him from chance meeting with him in Glasgow and he came across as a really nice bloke who had a lot of good things to say about the supporters of our great club.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    cabbles said:

Feel quite bad for him actually. I think you can see from his tweets he has a good heart. He's just got a lot going on preventing him from applying himself. Yes, he has to accept his responsibility, but every time I hear something about him, seems he needs proper help channeling his energies. And I mean proper help.

Have any of the clubs tried therapy for him? I always remember KR saying he couldn't stop buzzing around before Bolton away last season and it was a case of him having to play table tennis with him to use up his energy.

I'm not an expert and could be way off the mark, but to me it seems like he could have something like adhd.

I am sure it would've been picked up by now but things do slip by

I think that's entirely plausible. I was diagnosed with ADHD last year at the age of 29 and it was the first thing I thought of when I read about the Bolton game on your post (might also explain some recurring patterns).

I suspect there is a lot going on there, not that I want to enter into deep speculation over what it could be.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Feel quite bad for him actually. I think you can see from his tweets he has a good heart. He's just got a lot going on preventing him from applying himself. Yes, he has to accept his responsibility, but every time I hear something about him, seems he needs proper help channeling his energies. And I mean proper help.

Have any of the clubs tried therapy for him? I always remember KR saying he couldn't stop buzzing around before Bolton away last season and it was a case of him having to play table tennis with him to use up his energy.

I'm not an expert and could be way off the mark, but to me it seems like he could have something like adhd.

I am sure it would've been picked up by now but things do slip by

Apparently Gazza used to be very similar and Bobby Robson used to send him on random runs to calm him down.
  • Options
    I don't want him to do badly. I want him to sort himself out because I hate seeing talent that is wasted. But only he can control that and there has been too many times when he has pointed the finger in other directions for his own failings. It's not too late but, as I've said, he has to set his sights lower and work his way back up.