Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle League 1 2017

Comments

• Options
    SID said:

I think we're lucky not to be in the relegation scrap right now, but I don't think we'll go down. I believe we've done just enough earlier on in the season to keep us safe so we can limp over the line. Next season is going to be very, very scary though.

No it won't be, because we shall buy some of the finest players money can buy!

Oh wait...

• Options
    stonemuse said:

SID said:

I think we're lucky not to be in the relegation scrap right now, but I don't think we'll go down. I believe we've done just enough earlier on in the season to keep us safe so we can limp over the line. Next season is going to be very, very scary though.

Presumably we will stay up because we now need so few points to survive. But the fact we have hit these depths in the first place is way beyond what I expected.

This all day long.

• Options
    Ditch Robinson, re-hire Slade, and limp our way to survival with eleven 1-1 draws.
  • Options
    There is some good news. Even if we lose tomorrow night we won't be closer to relegation zone due to no relegation rivals playing at same time.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

There is some good news. Even if we lose tomorrow night we won't be closer to relegation zone due to no relegation rivals playing at same time.

That will be Knobinson's team talk.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Unless we lose by more than 13 goals,
  • Options
    True. But it's ridiculous just even saying the phrase relegation rivals whilst we're in League 1. Ridiculous yet true.
  • Options
    Just can't take anymore of this crap. Can't be arsed to go tomorrow night. Fed up with watching this bunch of freeloaders lose or draw with teams like the mighty Fleetwood, Oxford and Bury. What's the bloody point? We won't go down 'cos there's other even worse teams - believe it or not - than us. Have lost all pride in this team. Yes, I know it's all Roland's and Daisy's fault but let's face it, they aint going away anytime soon. Yes we will survive this season but what about next year?
  • Options
    Didn't even realise until today we are playing tomorrow. are the wallets with free tickets in left around London for tomorrow? If so it's a feeble attempt to bolster numbers on the 'tickets handed out' metric rather than the much more important 'punters through the gates' metric.

This makes me very angry. I wasn't at Northampton, where there 1,400 charlton there or did the club buy extra allocation which was unused?

If they did, was this added to the debt owed to staprix? Another loss of value brought about by incompetent decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just looked at the current form tables (last 8 games since January)
    Everton are top of the Premier League on their form since buying Lookman
    Sheff Wed are 3rd in the Championship since signing Fox
    ....and we're rock bottom of Division 1

If we don't go down this season, it'll be next season for sure
  • Options
    Just got 40/1 at ladbrookes, thought it was worth £10 and on a plus ..my shocking betting history should now confirm we stay up.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Poor first half from both teams tonight at Port Vale v Shrewsbury, neither keeper really tested HT 0-0. Vale's Guy injured first half and subbed adding to their growing list of injured players. Doesn't auger well for them given their fixture pile up.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Vale score 1-0 Sam Foley scorer from a dodgy corner decision to the home side.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    2-0 Vale they're coming for us :disappointed: .
  • Options
    Shrews get one back 2-1.
  • Options
    Full Time - Vale 2 Shrews 1. Former 6 points behind us and two games in hand (away to Coventry next Tuesday) latter, plus Oldham, only 4 points away on the same number of games.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If we lose tomorrow, it could all be rather nerve wracking.
  • Options

"If"
  • Options

"If"
    If we win, we can stop looking over our shoulder, probably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Oldham away to Pboro tomorrow then home to Chef Utd, Shrews will have a game in hand after we play Chef Utd and play home to Bolton next Saturday.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    All KR needs to do now is cut the verbal diarrhoea, if that's possible and just win some games!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    What's ridiculous is that at the moment Port Vale's GD is 20 worse than ours! Even if they win their 2 games in hand they'll still be say 16 worse than us.

Gillingham are 2 points behind us, and their GD is 17 worse than ours, it shows what a strange season we've had, Bristol Rovers who we've thumped twice are 7 points ahead of us now...
  • Options
    edited March 2017

What's ridiculous is that at the moment Port Vale's GD is 20 worse than ours! Even if they win their 2 games in hand they'll still be say 16 worse than us.

Gillingham are 2 points behind us, and their GD is 17 worse than ours, it shows what a strange season we've had, Bristol Rovers who we've thumped twice are 7 points ahead of us now...

Depends what score Port Vale win those games by and if we ship a few in tomorrow without reply..............They've got MK Dons at home Tuesday week. Two 5-0 wins for them and the same reverse at Sheffield for us and the difference is down to 5 :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Remember how bad it was last year? New level this year.
  • Options
    We will accumulate sufficient points to avoid trouble - let's raise a glass half full for a change :-))
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

We will accumulate sufficient points to avoid trouble - let's raise a glass half full for a change :-))

Or we might not and we end up getting relegated again. :-((
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It could go down to the last two games, Chesterfield and Swindon...... here's hoping we pull off a miracle tomorrow!

I wonder if this could hold up a sale, until we are safe I can't see anyone buying us.
  • Options
    Coventry & Chesterfield are down, Swindon are almost gone & Port Vale have got the top 3 in their last 4 games.............no panic - we're safe.