Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle League 1 2017

Comments

• Options
    Can't see us getting anything of off utd tomorrow. Squeeky bum time until we are past 50 points at least. Lets hope we don't perform like we did in Feb for the rest if the season!
  • Options
    Admittedly Vale's games in hand could easily muster 4 points but usually the team doing the chasing in situations like this would falter. We'll be alright comfortably.
  • Options

Admittedly Vale's games in hand could easily muster 4 points but usually the team doing the chasing in situations like this would falter. We'll be alright comfortably.

FLW
  • Options

Coventry & Chesterfield are down, Swindon are almost gone & Port Vale have got the top 3 in their last 4 games.............no panic - we're safe.

I remember Wet Spam winning something like seven out of their last eight to condemn Sheff Utd to the drop. Don't take anything for granted.
  • Options

Coventry & Chesterfield are down, Swindon are almost gone & Port Vale have got the top 3 in their last 4 games.............no panic - we're safe.

I remember Wet Spam winning something like seven out of their last eight to condemn Sheff Utd to the drop. Don't take anything for granted.
    Managers like Curbishley are pretty rare
  • Options
    Squeaky bum time.
  • Options

Squeaky bum time.

For Gillingham, maybe
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Today was the last of the harder games left to play I would say. Got Chesterfield,Coventry and Swindon still to play. Think we'll be OK this season.
  • Options
    I think we may need to win another 2 games to achieve safety. The bottom 3 look doomed but unfortunately we are going to need a relatively high figure to be assured of safety, perhaps as much as 54 points. Our good Goal Difference could prove vital.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 win in 12. Port Vale have two matches to play before we play again.

Nothing we can do than just hope they don't win both of them and put us under pressure again.
  • Options

Today was the last of the harder games left to play I would say. Got Chesterfield,Coventry and Swindon still to play. Think we'll be OK this season.

The problem is that our record against the top teams is better than our record against the teams near the bottom.
    If the team's attitude is not spot-on for the remaining games then we could be in big trouble.
  • Options

1 win in 12. Port Vale have two matches to play before we play again.

Nothing we can do than just hope they don't win both of them and put us under pressure again.

And one of Vale's two matches is versus MKD.

They can't both win.

• Options
    Given our run in we should be ok, but it's absolutely pathetic that we're this low and even contemplating it
  • Options
    Folks,

Gillingham just lost 4-1 to Rochdale. They are f**ked.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Leuth said:

Folks,

They're only two points behind us. They nick a 1-0 at the Valley and the team that's "f**ked" is all of a sudden above us in the table.

Don't get me wrong, I think we'll stay up (simply because there's too many teams below us that won't all jump above us) but all the same it's not a comfortable place to be in.
  • Options
    Our last four games will be against three already-relegated teams and rubbish Gillingham. We'll be fine.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Folks,

I believe Gillingham's fall down the table coincided with Dack being out injured. He's back now.
  • Options
    The chances of us actually dropping down to League Two are at 5% or less. But that's 5% more than it should ever be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

Folks,

I believe Gillingham's fall down the table coincided with Dack being out injured. He's back now.
    He didn't make much difference today. Lost 4-1.

• Options
    The Championship is one of the toughest and most unforgiving leagues in the world though and it didn't take much to cause catastrophe. This is different. We're playing ok now and we have a decent squad for the league. I don't see how we'd get relegated, especially with our run-in.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think we'll stay up, but it's by no means a certainty and I backed us for relegation at 40/1 a couple of weeks back.
  • Options
    We should be fine but 100/1 with betfair seemed a bit generous, just had a fiver on it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The Championship is one of the toughest and most unforgiving leagues in the world though and it didn't take much to cause catastrophe. This is different. We're playing ok now and we have a decent squad for the league. I don't see how we'd get relegated, especially with our run-in.

That's what we all thought in 1971/2 my friend.
  • Options
    It's like a bet on an accumulator. Team X or Team Y might have a chance of finishing above us on their own. But the chances of Team X, Y, Z, A, B & C all getting the result is unrealistic. One of them is probably not going be good enough.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Squeaky bum time.

For Gillingham, maybe
    We have goal-shy forwards and we can't keep a clean sheet.
  • Options
    Just taken a look at the table and, despite being 15th, we are not out of it by any means.

I think and hope we should just about have enough in our locker not to go down but we could be looking behind us for a while yet.

I fear a six pointer against Gillingham on Easter Monday at a toxic Valley.
  • Options
    If port vale lose Tuesday we are safe.
    If they win Tuesday we most definitely ain't