Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2017

1373839404143»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't krezja do the same? Took loads of wickets for over 200 runs?
  • Options

Crane was told by Sussex as a youngster that, having played for their U11, U12 & U13 sides, he wasn't good enough to get into the U14 squad. He was picked up by Hants at that age and as they say the rest is history.

Some players, especially the small ones, simply develop slower than others but it is up to county coaches to recognise the talent and keep them in the system.

I grew up playing in the Kent system. They're super encouraging til you have an off-y season and then they just don't want to know. There are some absolute big headed cunts as coaches, then again I've had one or two who've made me feel like a world class bowler and hot as shit, that's when I played my best.

I was never any where near good enough to be pro or even play at a high level now, but I had some unpleasant experiences in my early teens with Kent coaches.
    Didn't want to say anything 'til today and will post more about the Kent set up on the "Kent thread" later but, after four years with them, Seb played his last game for them for at least a year today at the County ground Beckenham.

Suffice to say that they are trying to change the system but a combination of factors have inhibited his progress there meaning that we have taken the decision for him not to trial again in September as an U15 and some of their coaches' attitude is one contributory factor.
  • Options

England squad

Joe Root (Yorkshire, captain)

Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)

James Anderson (Lancashire)

Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)

Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)

Alastair Cook (Essex)

Mason Crane (Hampshire)

Dawid Malan (Middlesex)

Toby Roland-Jones (Middlesex)

Ben Stokes (Durham)

Mark Stoneman (Surrey)

Tom Westley (Essex)

Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

Pretty happy with that, wouldn't have picked Crane though, still very young and wasn't getting into the Hampshire side at the start of the season

So basically Stoneman in for Jennings and possibly Woakes in for TRJ.
  • Options

Crane was told by Sussex as a youngster that, having played for their U11, U12 & U13 sides, he wasn't good enough to get into the U14 squad. He was picked up by Hants at that age and as they say the rest is history.

Some players, especially the small ones, simply develop slower than others but it is up to county coaches to recognise the talent and keep them in the system.

I grew up playing in the Kent system. They're super encouraging til you have an off-y season and then they just don't want to know. There are some absolute big headed cunts as coaches, then again I've had one or two who've made me feel like a world class bowler and hot as shit, that's when I played my best.

I was never any where near good enough to be pro or even play at a high level now, but I had some unpleasant experiences in my early teens with Kent coaches.
    Didn't want to say anything 'til today and will post more about the Kent set up on the "Kent thread" later but, after four years with them, Seb played his last game for them for at least a year today at the County ground Beckenham.

Suffice to say that they are trying to change the system but a combination of factors have inhibited his progress there meaning that we have taken the decision for him not to trial again in September as an U15 and some of their coaches' attitude is one contributory factor.
    I'm sorry to hear that AA.