Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Finn in the squad for for Wood, no other changes for the final Test

• Options
    I think we'll steamroller The West Indians later this summer. They've got 2 hopes & they're not Kyle & Shai.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    You should check out their guardian angel too

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Vaughan and Trescothick on one side... Ballance on the other. The football equivalents might be Darius Vassell and Peter Crouch Vs Andy Cole and Robbie Fowler

Am I being stupid? I really can't understand what you are saying here
  • Options
    redman said:

McBobbin said:

Vaughan and Trescothick on one side... Ballance on the other. The football equivalents might be Darius Vassell and Peter Crouch Vs Andy Cole and Robbie Fowler

Vaughan Trescothick Vassell and Crouch did better internationally than Ballance Cole and Fowler who had better domestic records.

I think
  • Options

Finn in the squad for for Wood, no other changes for the final Test

I'm not surprised, it starts Friday. Too much of a rush to replace Jennings and give an alternative, time to settle in.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

redman said:

McBobbin said:

Vaughan Trescothick Vassell and Crouch did better internationally than Ballance Cole and Fowler who had better domestic records.

I think
    Aye. Though it was a bit of a crap analogy
  • Options
    redman said:

McBobbin said:

Ballance is so good that he makes up for 2 players.....
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Leuth said:

You should check out their guardian angel too

WTF even for a number 11 that is total stupidity.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited August 2017
    We have won the toss and are batting.
    No Big Vern or Morris for SA.
    Surely only the rain can stop England winning the series 3-1....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, that Saffer bowling attack looks really weak with Olivier as the 4th bowler
  • Options
    No changes to the England team.

England XI: Cook, Jennings, Westley, Root, Malan, Stokes, Bairstow, Moeen, Roland-Jones, Broad, Anderson.

South Africa XI: Kuhn, Elgar, Amla, Bavuma, Du Plessis, De Kock, De Bruyn, Maharaj, Rabada, Morkel, Olivier.
  • Options
    Weakened attack, pitch that doesn't usually suit seamers. Here we go: Jennings to score a bloody ton and stay in the team for the next three series :(
  • Options
    Jennings dropped early ffs
  • Options
    Jennings dropped. A c & b chance for Rabada. Diving forward got 2 hands to it.
  • Options
    Watching Jennings hit this absolute pop-gun of a change bowler around is extremely dispiriting. Get Morkel back on and sort him out
  • Options
    The main problem with not playing Stoneman/Robson in this SA series is that if they now pick either of them for the WI then its not a true test against a quality attack
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Jennings c de Kock b Olivier 17, wicket for pop gun.
  • Options
    'You can't react to your own post.'
  • Options

The main problem with not playing Stoneman/Robson in this SA series is that if they now pick either of them for the WI then its not a true test against a quality attack

Gabriel is a good bowler
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank Christ Jennings is Ok.

I was really worried that he was having a breakdown, when he scored 48 in the last test.

Glad to know all's well.
  • Options
    Cook c de Kock b Maharaj 46 92-2
  • Options
    Always feels weird when Cook gets out to a spinner
  • Options
    Westley c de Kock b Rabada 29 92-3
  • Options
    All these batsmen getting caught by de kock.... sounds painful.
  • Options
    Surely they can't take Jennings over to Oz?

They'll bloody eat him alive!
  • Options

Surely they can't take Jennings over to Oz?

They'll bloody eat him alive!

I think this game was his last chance, they can't take a guy not only under so much pressure but that looks so uncomfortable when in the middle. If he had a few thousand Test runs behind him then it might be worth persevering, as he hasn't there is nothing to suggest that first match 100 was nothing but a fluke.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Malan c du Plessis b Morkel 18

146-4 tea
  • Options
    Disappointed for Malan. I think he's an excellent player, but hasn't shown it at test level yet
  • Options

Disappointed for Malan. I think he's an excellent player, but hasn't shown it at test level yet

do you think he's a player capable of playing tests? I always thought he would be a limited overs player at best for England.