Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2017

Comments

• Options
    Malan out... Careful what you wish for on the close game front!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Can one of our CL cricketing gurus tell me why we have so many newish top order batsmen who can't put any runs on the board?

Edit; apart from 'because they keep getting out cheaply' :wink:
  • Options
    Malan will get another chance against the Windies, but has done nothing in his 2 tests to suggest he's up to scratch
  • Options

Oh well, thats the last we'll see of Jennings for a while.

And Malan too.
  • Options
    It's getting so bad now I think Bairstow has to bat 5 and Woakes at 8. No idea for opener but Hales is to me the best we have.

Aussies will slaughter Jennings and Milan. Worrying.
  • Options
    We just can't seem to get a partner for Cook. All who have played there since Strauss have failed. It is the end of Jennings I am afraid. Westley seems to have a problem outside the off stump. His bat is pointing to the leg side, if it moves away from him he is in trouble. Malan also does not look a Test match player. I think that Stoneman will come in for Jennings and the other two will be given more time. Perhaps Ballance will be given another go.
  • Options
    I think what will happen is that Stoneman will play in Windies series, and maybe Foakes will come in to keep wicket, allowing Bairstow to bat at 5.
  • Options

I think what will happen is that Stoneman will play in Windies series, and maybe Foakes will come in to keep wicket, allowing Bairstow to bat at 5.

That sounds like a plan.

• Options
    Rooty gone.
  • Options
    Stoneman has been very unlucky not to have been given a chance.
    He must be next on the list
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has moeen ever opened in a test? He's played everywhere else
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Has moeen ever opened in a test? He's played everywhere else

Yes, against Pakistan in the UAE.

Wasn't great there.
  • Options
    Ali batting well though. Great player for us. Lead currently 315 with 3 wickets left.
  • Options
    Ali and TRJ currently batting very well 35 more and they are definitely staring at another defeat.
  • Options
    Already got more than enough
  • Options

I always worry about Amla. Some days he never looks like getting out. If he goes for under 50 we should be OK.
  • Options

I always worry about Amla. Some days he never looks like getting out. If he goes for under 50 we should be OK.
    Exactly they have players that can bat long, this series they have been woeful with the bat though.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Woakes played today.
  • Options

Bayliss/Farbrace clearly dont rate him, else why would they choose Malan before him.
  • Options

Bayliss/Farbrace clearly dont rate him, else why would they choose Malan before him.
    Good point but there will come a time when they have tried all the other options and that time is almost upon us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play called off for the day
  • Options
    The scores in today's Division 1 matches don't exactly help things, 47 wickets in 3 matches don't suggest too many obvious batting candidates...
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Neither Bayliss or Farbrace are selectors. They may well be consulted but the official selection team is James Whittaker, Angus Fraser, Mike Newell and the captain.
    Bayliss freely admits he has very little knowledge of current county players and concentrates on getting the selected team mentally prepared for international matches. This has brought criticism from many former players such as Hussain, Vaughan and Boycott.
  • Options

Neither Bayliss or Farbrace are selectors. They may well be consulted but the official selection team is James Whittaker, Angus Fraser, Mike Newell and the captain.
    Bayliss freely admits he has very little knowledge of current county players and concentrates on getting the selected team mentally prepared for international matches. This has brought criticism from many former players such as Hussain, Vaughan and Boycott.
    Boycott mentions it more often than his grandmother and her bloody stick of rhubarb.
  • Options
    England lose their last 2 wickets quickly, but then rain stops play before the Saffers can bat
  • Options
    Forecast not great for last 2 days, so wouldn't surprise me if it's a draw. In any case, I think the series has now been won.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    75-3
  • Options
    Please someone get Amla out!!!
  • Options
    I wouldn't panic just yet (though I remember Graeme Smith's matching winning second innings knock)