Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall at home.

Comments

• Options
    Boom said:

It's their cup final. "BOOM" did I get that in first !

Yes mate, I think so.
    Wish I could lol that more than once.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    MrLargo said:

West Ham vs Palace is also a 3pm kick off on the 14th. Could be pwopa, pwopa naughty at London Bridge - 4 of the toughest firms in London, all turning up tooled up and fired up at one of the busiest railway stations in the country. Heavy police presence expected in SE1, with many toilets in the area expressing concerns about their safety.

But is Charlton to London bridge even running that day?
    Surrey quays / Canada water a more sensible option ( though less toilets I believe).
  • Options

MrLargo said:

West Ham vs Palace is also a 3pm kick off on the 14th. Could be pwopa, pwopa naughty at London Bridge - 4 of the toughest firms in London, all turning up tooled up and fired up at one of the busiest railway stations in the country. Heavy police presence expected in SE1, with many toilets in the area expressing concerns about their safety.

Surrey quays / Canada water a more sensible option ( though less toilets I believe).
    Trains are running according to National Rail. If you get on the Jubilee line you'll be surrounded by Nigels on their way to Stratford.
  • Options
    We will beat them one day, but it will be in some Checkatrade group game on a cold Tuesday night when no one actually cares and barely a thousand in attendance.
  • Options
    ignoring all the how many in the crowd and lavatorial chat .. our players will need to be 100% more fired up for this than they were for the away game .. most of them just could not cope with the intensity shown by the 'Wall players .. are you getting them 'in the mood' Robbo ? ((:>)
  • Options
    Just about digested the gutless performance we produced at their place so got my tickets for this one today.
    fingers crossed, eh?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ignoring all the how many in the crowd and lavatorial chat .. our players will need to be 100% more fired up for this than they were for the away game .. most of them just could not cope with the intensity shown by the 'Wall players .. are you getting them 'in the mood' Robbo ? ((:>)

I thought you were the better team until we scored the two quick goals. Would've said it was us that were lacklustre on the pitch & off it.
    really? Before you scored you missed at least two good chances, especially when Gregory passed behind the player who was free in front of goal, and Morrison should have done a lot better when hitting the side netting. We had one effort in the first half. We may have had more of the ball but that counts for diddly squat.
  • Options

I thought you were the better team until we scored the two quick goals. Would've said it was us that were lacklustre on the pitch & off it.
    I think you're being over generous/magnanimous .. we didn't play bad football, knocking it about when the pressure was off, and that is the crux .. what we lacked was INTENT and PURPOSE, a k a bottle when the going got tough .. and Morison's second goal ! .. I would have expected a couple of para-Olympian athletes in wheelchairs to have made a better fist of trying to get to him

If we can combine our flair, which has been obvious a lot this season, with increased determination and will to win, we are well capable of winning on 14th, especially now that we have started to score a few, take our chances

I was at your game at Scunthorpe, 3-0 was not a real reflection of that game, Iron took their chances superbly .. thing is, even 3 down, you just did not give up, just as bloody mindedness and aggression got you the win at your place over us ... and THAT is the trouble with a few of ours, heads drop, effort slacks off, the manager needs to get them motivated and more aggressive, the skill is there, the spirit all too often is not .. we will see

See you at the Valley, though of course we will be the proverbial ships passing in the daytime .. you'll excuse me if I wish y'all the very worst of luck on this occasion ((:>)
  • Options
    We were woefull in the away game, i actually thought Millwall looked a good side.
  • Options
    B ) bollocks B)
  • Options
    Hoping the stadium management team spray WD40 on any flat surface in the Jimmy Seed toilets.
  • Options
    To be honest I won't be going to this , not because of the boycott , more because the team never show up. I just can't face the disappointment .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Any Charlton season tickets not going?

Can I borrow your season ticket please.

Thanks in advance.

I'll have a few free beers too if anyone's buying ..?
    That's my line.
  • Options

Any Charlton season tickets not going?

Can I borrow your season ticket please.

Thanks in advance.

If we drop the boycott for this game you could buy your own!
  • Options

really? Before you scored you missed at least two good chances, especially when Gregory passed behind the player who was free in front of goal, and Morrison should have done a lot better when hitting the side netting. We had one effort in the first half. We may have had more of the ball but that counts for diddly squat.
    The Gregory one was lucky though as that came from a Charlton mistake rather than any good Millwall play. True, you didn't threaten at all in the final third, but generally you controlled the midfield well and kept possession.

What concerns me is that many teams are doing that to us, Gills did the same, looked much more comfortable on the ball. Perhaps the positive side is that we're still picking up wins despite not controlling the game to the extent that I think we should.

Tactics to be fair are very much counter attack based with direct balls to Morison for others to feed off. It does work at times, but when it doesn't it's pretty awful as we just keep giving the ball away. The better teams will make us pay over the course of the season, but we'll probably be there or thereabouts again.
  • Options
    Had a dream last night that we beat them.

I've just booked in with a psychiatrist.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Amazingly full service from both Charing Cross - not stopping at London Bridge - and Cannon Street.
  • Options

The Gregory one was lucky though as that came from a Charlton mistake rather than any good Millwall play. True, you didn't threaten at all in the final third, but generally you controlled the midfield well and kept possession.

What concerns me is that many teams are doing that to us, Gills did the same, looked much more comfortable on the ball. Perhaps the positive side is that we're still picking up wins despite not controlling the game to the extent that I think we should.

Tactics to be fair are very much counter attack based with direct balls to Morison for others to feed off. It does work at times, but when it doesn't it's pretty awful as we just keep giving the ball away. The better teams will make us pay over the course of the season, but we'll probably be there or thereabouts again.
    I actually didn't really see it that way, I thought we were rushed when in possession and you were not pressed as much with Thompson running the show. I however was a little bit drunk so might be excused for being wrong haha.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Are we going to make this a non boycott day?

It would remind the club what could be.

Remind us all why we want the club back

Give the players a lift.

On a separate issue, Millwall restricted our numbers. Should we do the same and restrict them to the top tier of the south?

Would make them quieter and the pong would be further away.

You'll probably be restricted even further next time following your antics again. No place in today's game for flares & smoke bombs & damaging toilets.
    Could not agree more.