Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v MK Dons - Post Match Views

Stalemate at the Valley. No idea what happened so look forward to your views

Comments

• Options
    At least we're in the draw.
  • Options

Honestly?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Our crossing and dead ball delivery was, for the most part, of a very poor standard today.
  • Options
    Lacklustre first half, bit better in the second, MK inexplicably playing for the draw.
  • Options
    When's the replay?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Watched the stream. Crap first half and lucky to go in level. Better second half and were well on top without doing enough to earn the win.

Only seen this and the Swindon game with my own eyes but seems to me we have players wth commitment, players with brains, and players with skills but hardly any with all three and only a few with two of those attributes.

Passing was very poor with balls constantly under or over hit and often behind players when they needed to run onto the ball (a longstanding bug-bear of mine). Decision making in the final third left something to be desired too - several times players drive away from space and into trouble. Could easily have had a couple of pens.

Wasn't appalling but short of where we need to be. Robinson has some work to do on the training ground and in the transfer market but his old side looked very tidy at times and played with much more penetration than us so I have hope.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Honestly?
    Yes. Was out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not too far off Target 5k - eh, Kat?
  • Options
    wasn't there .. from my armchair this looks like a very disappointing start for Robinson.. though MK may have been extra fired up as their ex boss was in opposition
  • Options

ross1 said:

Honestly?
    Yes. Was out!
    No, I meant, do you really want to know what happened :smiley:
  • Options
    Crap first half. Much better side in the 2nd.

Robinson: more lively than Slade (So is a Mannequin) One minute rowing with the 4th official, next doing his Jimmy Tarbuck gags to the over 50's behind him. Definitely a bloke as a player who you want to Play for (From what I saw, no idea what goes on at Sparrows Lane)
  • Options
    Come on there were 5000 of you there!!!!!
    Wasnt there km
  • Options
    Saw the game on live stream. First time ive seen many of the players and result about right I thought. Not impressed with Botaka or Lookman both greedy. Best player for us was the goalie and magennis imo.
  • Options
    Couldn't string two passes together first half. Better second. Score was fair. Botaka was awful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems that the defence is pretty decent....not to bad up front though maybe another forward would be a welcome addition. It's that midfield that needs sorting, maybe a couple of million spent there would see us climb into the play offs and who knows back to the championship....just hope that KR can convince RD/KM they need to spend/lend us another couple of million.
  • Options

Never again will I put us in a ten-fold bet. 0ther 9 came in and £4 stake could've made £1480. Fuckwits me and the lot of them. Should've learned my lesson by now!

Pretty much same as me. £5 acca 9 fold. other 3 in todays games all won but not my beloved addicks !
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Pleasant afternoon freezing watching the egg chasers Club 52 other lot 10.

Charlton are like tooth ache. I was always fiddling with my phone for the score from the Valley. Its bred in and will never leave.

Feel sorry for the heroes who attended though. I salute you.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Honestly?
    Yes. Was out!
    Plastic.
  • Options
    What a drab affair. Think I would have enjoyed sitting on a delayed South Easten train more.

Crofts was shite
  • Options
    We just don't do cup competitions do we.
    51 years of supporting Charlton and I've never seen us progress beyond the quarter finals in a major cup competition.
    Not that i was expecting us to this season.

Just saying
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Bit flat for a new manager's bounce. Are we sure this is a new era, or does that start next week? :wink:
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Terrible first half. Better second half.
    New manager, slightly different formation. Midfield weakness was highlighted, the defence got us out of a hole on a few occasion, Bauer was a rock.

Botaka was always a threat. He also worked hard defensively. He's quick and always lively, and I feel deserves to keep his place.

I thought he played like Bambi on ice. Keep him as a fresh legs impact player to be brought on in the last ten minutes when we need him