Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Christmas CARD advent calendar (Day 25 *FINALE* Page 25)

Comments

• Options

CARD said:
    Why has this got only forty-five likes?
    thousands are trudging home from the Valley, so more to come.
  • Options
    what a player he was. RIP David
  • Options
    David Whyte, wow what a season he had , if the club take this down, they really are spineless idiots.
  • Options
    Just how good was JJ's cross for that second goal? I bet The Valley hasn't seen a cross that good in donkey's years.
  • Options
    I remember walking up Floyd Road after the game and seeing cricketer Alex Stewart with his young son, both Chelsea fans, looking decidedly glum. This result made my Xmas and put a downer on theirs I expect. Thank you CARD for these marvellous dips into the Charlton archives. Charlton fans - simply the best!
  • Options
    Seems a million miles away now. How sad :cry: Remember that game well. What a team we had. What a club we had. Great idea this advent calendar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    THAT game was the turning point. If only etc etc :-(
  • Options
    So so good, thanks for posting it.
  • Options
    I remember I was away in France for the Chelsea game, rang home to find out the score and had to ring back later when my dad got in because I was convinced my mum hadn't got it right.
  • Options
    Very happy memories took my Dad with me (Chelsea) for his Christmas present (the last game he went to) Journey home was fun and then we went to my sisters for a family get together, she had recorded the game and made everyone watch when we arrived.

Hate this regime
  • Options

That's two days in a row these have had me in tears...so much for merry Christmas...

Give tomorrow a miss :-)
  • Options
    Brilliant game, brought back some real memories, the football that day was some of the best we ever played. Someone should send it to Matt Holland I am sure he would like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brought a tear to my eye that.
  • Options
    A week of grief from Chelsea supporting mates on the run up to this game, sadly they all went awol after the final whistle. This along with the draw with Man Utd, Arsenal away were ones I'll never forget in the premier league.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

A week of grief from Chelsea supporting mates on the run up to this game, sadly they all went awol after the final whistle. This along with the draw with Man Utd, Arsenal away were ones I'll never forget in the premier league.

Definitely. The game you mentioned, plus the couple of midweek night games against wet sham at home...4-2 in the torrential rain and the 4-4 draw.

• Options

I'd challenge any Addick to watch that video without experiencing goose bumps all over !

SO sad that those still attending matches at The Valley will be waiting a long, long time before this euphoria resurfaces.

But it will Fanny, one day it will & the scum currently destroying our club will just be a vile memory
  • Options
    Great memories there, will we EVER see the likes again ? #wewantourcharltonback
  • Options
    Packed stands, great football, reminding Charlton supporters that it is possible to have better times at the club.
  • Options
    The woman who sat in front of me in the East Stand was married to a Chelsea fan, and brought him along to that game on condition he sat on his hands and kept schtum. He was very well behaved and took the "well you can definitely come again" ribbing at the end of the game in good humour. Can't have been much fun for him though.
  • Options
    Can't wait for tomorrow's window. These are a fantastic reminder of some brilliant times following our team.
  • Options
    A packed valley roaring charlton to a fantastic victory against the current premier league leaders. Will we ever see that again ? I hope so. Please Roly Go!!!!!
  • Options
    Magnificent!
    And a few days later we beat Spurs at the Lane.
    Great memories