Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray

Can anyone advise me is Richard Murray still a director of Charlton? As he is still shown on the web site as a director despite stepping down as non executive chairman!

Comments

• Options
    yes apparently
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:
    Seems like quite a list there - who're the others then?
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    It's Roland's ball and if you don't like it then tough
  • Options
    Surely sitting next to Katrien while unwell would not be considered advisable by any doctor. Or actually even when well come to think of it.
  • Options
    He is about £20m richer today as Avesco has been acquired at a substantial premium
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    What Off_it said, that the club has 4,982,564 shares and Roland is in control. He can do as he like, and could tell Miere and Murray to feck off whenever he wanted.

AFAIK that's indirectly, as Baton 2010 Ltd have 100% of the shares, and Staprix NV own 100% of those shares. That form is a new one though, but I presume it's worried as "People with Significant Control" for precisely this reason: it simplifies complex chains of control and ownership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:
    Seems like quite a list there - who're the others then?
    The dreadful duo (Roland and Katrien) and Murray are the 3 active directors.

Amongst the previous directors there are a few legal/accounting firms, the old Fan Directors, past CEOs (I.e Varney), and other previous board members. (Over the past few years with a greater turnover, due to the likes of Kavanagh, Slater, Jiminez, Prothero etc)
  • Options

He is about £20m richer today as Avesco has been acquired at a substantial premium

http://www.lse.co.uk/AllNews.asp?code=z7wyxt0p&headline=Avesco_Agrees_GBP124_Million_Takeover_Offer_From_NEP_Group

I can imagine Murray wanted to step back from the business, with his health issues.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Mmmmmmmm, his support of them was for the most part when they first arrived.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him speak out too....but I'm not aware of him showing them any tangible support of late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds feasible.
  • Options

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him speak out too....but I'm not aware of him showing them any tangible support of late.

Leave it out, he was still opening his beak up till 12 months ago.

They have destroyed all the good work he did over the years and he still backed them up.

He cannot have it both ways.
  • Options

They have destroyed all the good work he did over the years and he still backed them up.

Less than that

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-richard-murray-interview-2887963.aspx
  • Options

I did say of late, a year ago is quite a while Elf.
  • Options
    He is keeping a low profile I guess so fans get off his back and when new owner comes along he can blame it all on the deadly duo and say, " They never listened to me,I told them they were screwing up!"
    As bolloxbolder said this is an obsession for him,his club in his eyes and always will be.
    No Varney,No Curbishley as they all fell out.
  • Options
    I just hope the next owners buy him out and tell him to do one.