Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options
    He's met Roland, he was at the game last night so what's the hold up. Wouldn't surprise me if its hit the buffers.
  • Options
    Certainly hit the duffers.
  • Options
    They're not going to announce him till end of the week/Saturday to try and quell the protests, he'll start officially on Monday they don't want his first game to be a protest one, at least that's what I think Pitch PR will be advising.
  • Options

He's met Roland, he was at the game last night so what's the hold up. Wouldn't surprise me if its hit the buffers.

Chancellor's autumn statement today, they're waiting for a quiet news day so that all the world's media can attend the unveiling
  • Options
    Can I have that in writing like only I never trust a man's word until he's prepared to put it on paper.

No.

Ah.
  • Options

He's in. If he doesn't get the job,I'll eat my hat.
  • Options
    They know we will lose on Saturday so don't want him in charge for that game...
  • Options
    TBH, I wouldn't announce it until after the Sheff Utd game, that's if the deal is still on
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

TBH, I wouldn't announce it until after the Sheff Utd game, that's if the deal is still on

Thats what I read from the SLP piece.

He'll be in the stands on Saturday with him taking over on Monday, so am guessing thats the earliest anything will be said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First game against his former employee's in front of a bumper 3,000 plus crowd in the Cup.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

@killerandflash not claiming to be 'in the know' but lets just see what the coming weeks revelations from every ex manager uncluding Slade say and I am extremely confident that all will be quite clear.

I believe Slade like all before him was undermined by Driesden and the like suggesting then insisting on on pitch matters.

I also expect they tried to push him out by forcing Chris O'Loughlin on him and when that didn't work, sacked him.
  • Options
    I wonder if COL will be assistant manager as part of the deal? KR previously worked with Richie Barker as his number two.
  • Options
    I hope Nugent is his number 2 and COL carries on collecting the balls, bibs and cones after the warm up
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I wonder if COL will be assistant manager as part of the deal? KR previously worked with Richie Barker as his number two.

Imagine part of KR's negotiations was that CO'L was removed from the coaching staff. That would be brilliant, and would probably appease a few fans.

Wait, what if RD only brought CO'L in just so he could appoint a manager and then remove CO'L to make it look like the new manager was standing up to the regime!

Why do I find that slightly believable! What kind of club has Charlton become.
  • Options
    What are these back room staff being talked about? I've never heard of such a thing.....
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Being reported that it will be announced this week 18month contract.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Katrien is busy preparing the contract offer for Ronnie Barker...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to announced it Monday but wanted to stop the rumours of it falling through.
  • Options
    Sports News reporting its a done deal.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Being reported that it will be announced this week 18month contract.

Well you got it half right ;)
  • Options

If he is taking the job I just hope he doesn't read Internet forums because some of the comments on here are just ridiculous. The bloke hasn't even walked in the door yet and he's being massacred.
    Typical Charlton.

Were you saying we should give Karel Fraeye a chance? We are considering a one club manager whose last side sits way below us in the table. What attributes does he have to take us forward? He signed Spongefoot ffs!
    I'm quite confident Robinson will be successful if you think otherwise :wink:
  • Options
    braydex said:

Trouble is some on here only seem happy if they are complaining all the time.Pretty sad really.Live and let live

I am a complainer! I complain becuase there is very little to be positive about.

I don't do it for the sake of it. I dont do it becuase I enjoy it. I don't do it to intentionally piss others off on this forum and I get no sense of satisfaction from it.

I think I speak on behalf of many 'complainers' who do it because they are just so fed up, tired, angry, sad, bitter, frustrated, exhausted and simply heartbroken at the position the club finds itself in nowadays.

At any other time, I personally wouldn't mind giving Robinson a go as manager. However, under this regime, knowing everything that has and is going on at the club, I re-iterate my point. ANY manager willing to take the job on at the current time is doing it for the wrong reason! I cannot support a manager that believes they can manage under this regime and more importantly, WANTS to manage under this regime.

I am still boycotting games because I believe that the only way RD will be forced to sell is when he simply cannot continue to operate. No fans generate no match day income. No merchandise income. No sponsorhip income. Only when there is nothing, or very little coming into the club, we he realise that it's time to go.

All the while there is a level of income that can be relied upon, he will rely on it, no matter how small it is.

We have two wins on the bounce and of course, like any Charlton fan i am pleased. But it doesn't change anything. These results just give RD and KM the big thumbs up they need to carry on as they are, and I simply cannot support that, no matter who arrives to pick up their pay cheque as 'manager'.

Lets not forget.......CO'L is now on the scene.....I think Robinson's days are numbered before they've even began!
    I understand you, but there are a number of contradictions in your post.
  • Options
    Marc Wilmots new manager of Ivory Coast.
    I thought he was due here next.