Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager rumours (Karl Robinson interviewed pg.22)

Comments

• Options

Not good enough for Franchise.

It's clear he doesn't understand what's going on at the club.
    He can fuck off now.
    If that was his first comment, he's not going to endear himself to many (any) fans.
  • Options

Oh he we go, the guy ain't even walked through the door yet.

Exactly, totally agree
  • Options

Really is some utter tosh written on here about Robinson: "Can't stand the bloke"; "bellend"; "Billy big bollox"; "chippy"; "smarmy shite" etc etc etc etc etc etc!!!

I am amazed at how many people on here actually know him personally to enable them to make such well informed judgements! Farcical.

PS: if it's gonna be you welcome Mr Robinson. Oh, and this is Charlton Life!!!

Do you know Roland personally? Me neither.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Swisdom said:

He seems to be the managerial equivalent of Paul Dickov or Robbie Savage.

You would hate them as a player but love them a YOUR player

Hopefully that's how things go for Robinson anyway

I actually think tonight is a real turning point for our club. A promising manager (hopefully) and a result that says to the rest of League 1 "Charlton aren't messing about anymore"

It's time people feared us again

I don't know a single MKD fan that likes him. Granted I only know 3, but still
    I spoke to a friend of mine who is a Liverpool fan but has attended a lot of MKD games over the years due to living nearby. He said Robinson was great initially but thought he stayed too long, it was almost like Robinson grew tired of the club and didn't seem to have the same drive and enthusiasm as he did in the beginning.
  • Options
    The worry for me is that if he did say that "the protests need to stop on Saturdays" it would indicate he hasn't a clue what he is walking into or he has already throw his lot in completely with the board.

The Charlton manager's role is an all but impossible one at the moment. He could have said almost anything - general comments about challenges and looking forward to them etc - but that he seems to have chosen to go down this route does make me question his judgement.

A bigger worry is whether he is good enough. His track record is with one club at our current level but, as we know from Curbishley, success at one club does not always mean you can succeed anywhere. He is young and clearly has a lot to learn. I am concerned whether he has the experience and tact to keep the board and the fans happy, especially if things don't go his way. Time will tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair, most people outside of the club don't really have a clue what's going on within. I just hope that once he does get a proper understanding of the situation (which he will if he has his head screwed on and his eyes open), he keeps his mouth shut and just focuses on preparing the team.
  • Options

To be fair, most people outside of the club don't really have a clue what's going on within. I just hope that once he does get a proper understanding of the situation (which he will if he has his head screwed on and his eyes open), he keeps his mouth shut and just focuses on preparing the team.

Agree - why should they - but this is his working environment and it is inconceivable he does not have more than a passing knowledge of the goings on of a club he was managing against until recently.

And if I was going into a new job early in my career I might just spend an hour or two researching the history and perhaps chatting to some colleagues in the 'industry'. His "stop the protests" comment suggests either he hasn't or he has decided to back the board from the off.
  • Options
    From the Sky Transfer Centre... We know most of it already but interesting that Nugent could still be in charge on Saturday.

CHARLTON CLOSE IN ON ROBINSON

Charlton Athletic are closing in on the appointment of Karl Robinson as their new manager, according to Sky sources.

Earlier this month, the League One club sacked Russell Slade after six months in the job, just days after MK Dons had themselves parted company with Robinson, who had been at Stadium:MK for six years.

Sky sources are telling us Robinson will agree terms today and could be in the stands for the visit of in-form Sheffield United on Saturday, before officially taking over at the Valley at the start of next week.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Swisdom said:

I actually think tonight is a real turning point for our club. A promising manager (hopefully) and a result that says to the rest of League 1 "Charlton aren't messing about anymore"

I spoke to a friend of mine who is a Liverpool fan but has attended a lot of MKD games over the years due to living nearby. He said Robinson was great initially but thought he stayed too long, it was almost like Robinson grew tired of the club and didn't seem to have the same drive and enthusiasm as he did in the beginning.
    That happens to many managers who stay somewhere a long time, I doubt he'll be with us long enough to grow stale!

MKD sacked him a month ago now, if anything they've got worse since he left
  • Options

Croydon said:

Swisdom said:

That happens to many managers who stay somewhere a long time, I doubt he'll be with us long enough to grow stale!

My thoughts too :smile:
  • Options

Croydon said:

Swisdom said:

Grow stale? - Roland will keep the bloomin' receipt and get a refund long before the sell by date!!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Winning last night "a real turning point for our club".

How do you work that one out?
    Not just the win, which is us putting down a big marker, but potential appointment of a good new manager to team up with Nugent who appears to be proving to be a decent coach. Our strikers are finding a bit of form and we have won more than we have lost lately. We are climbing the table, a sniff from the play-offs with a game in hand despite still struggling a bit with injuries.

It's not all shit!

Saturday is a massively important game. A win would be a bloody beautiful end to a pretty important week in our recent history.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    So he's only here for the beer money. A couple of months' work for a couple of years' money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think the fat scouse prick needs to be reminded of that then.
    I hear he speaks highly of you as well.
  • Options
    They'll be 20,000 through the gates in no time.
  • Options
    Nug said:

SE7toSG3 said:

@Swisdom I also feel I am watching an upturn in performances on the pitch (Swindon apart) and really feel that the division is there for the taking, its at that stage we part views though I am afraid.

Karl Robinson isnt the problem, Russell Slade wasnt the problem, the club is terminally sick to its very core and nothing, and I mean nothing other than a change of ownership/SMT will sort that out, promotion or not.

On that cheery note, up the addicks!

I think there are a group of Charlton fans more interested in their personal involvement in and around the club. Supporting a change in ownership puts that into jeopardy and so they continue to publicly back a regime that is indefensible by any standard, just ask the rest of the footballing world. You'd like to think they'd put the long term well being of the club first. The vast majority of fans realise that to do that the owners need to leave.
    **cough cough** Sue Perks.
  • Options
    Nug said:

SE7toSG3 said:

@Swisdom I also feel I am watching an upturn in performances on the pitch (Swindon apart) and really feel that the division is there for the taking, its at that stage we part views though I am afraid.

Karl Robinson isnt the problem, Russell Slade wasnt the problem, the club is terminally sick to its very core and nothing, and I mean nothing other than a change of ownership/SMT will sort that out, promotion or not.

On that cheery note, up the addicks!

I think there are a group of Charlton fans more interested in their personal involvement in and around the club. Supporting a change in ownership puts that into jeopardy and so they continue to publicly back a regime that is indefensible by any standard, just ask the rest of the footballing world. You'd like to think they'd put the long term well being of the club first. The vast majority of fans realise that to do that the owners need to leave.
    Another sly dig at me by any chance?

It's a bit of a stretch to link my positivity at the recent performances back to the training ground - but you still went there and did it. Well done. It's impressive that you are not bored with that line of enquiry.

• Options

It's all a matter of opinion, i don't like the regime one bit but i believe boycotting is doing just as much damage as he is. He is also going to have more problems selling the club with a dwindling fan base. I'm for the protests but i still want to enjoy watching football and especially when my team win.