Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale home - Football for a fiver

Comments

• Options
    Makes sense. Russell's boys should be firing on all cylinders by then and there be those that will want to come along to more games for the rest of the season if we get a good result. The club should pitch a pro rata adjusted season ticket at the same time to maximise potential sales and increase the support for the team for a promotion push
  • Options
    crowd for that will be interesting
  • Options

All tickets £5? Is that the same if someone wants to get them less than an hour before kick off on the day? It doesn't advertise otherwise.

This is where they make their money ...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It's already been announced they are doing it again for Bury after Christmas. The Rochdale poster was there on Saturday when I went to the cashpoint.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    shirty5 said:

Another home game where a cheaper deal is available.

Northampton: Free (SE7 Residents or if you know someone who lives there)

Shrewsbury: £10 (If another ticket bought by a season ticket holder)

Rochdale: £5 (Anywhere in the ground)

Keep this up and certain season ticket holders would have paid more than the game by game purchasers.

Unique.

The club wouldn't be in a panic about revenue by any chance?
  • Options
    But don't these games generally make a loss and depend on repeat custom?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Keep this up and certain season ticket holders would have paid more than the game by game purchasers.

Unique.

and attendance figures
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    ChiAddick said:

But don't these games generally make a loss and depend on repeat custom?

Not in the past and probably not now, given the likelihood of very poor crowds without the offer. The difficulty is they have an extra 4,000-5,000 tickets to sell now - even without using the Jimmy Seed Stand for home fans, which we did.
  • Options
    Five pounds to much for me.
  • Options
    Every game every seat is a fiver, remember. If you *have* to go.
  • Options
    "Football for free" would not get me back to The Valley until the Belgium fuckwits have gone

#notapennymore
  • Options
    boggzy said:

How? In all honesty i keep meaning to bring the GF to one but when we are poor dont want to spend £50 on tickets, i had the same predicament last season. I get all the people who want to stay away but i still want to try and get the better half more involved as she is not very keen on football and dont care about Charlton
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Unique.

and attendance figures
    What's wrong with the attendance figures? :wink:
  • Options
    Might be my first game since Sheffield Utd away
  • Options

It's already been announced they are doing it again for Bury after Christmas. The Rochdale poster was there on Saturday when I went to the cashpoint.

Hope that cash you were withdrawing wasn't for Roland!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Unique.

Probably yes but i can't imagine selling a few extra tickets for a fiver will make too much difference to RD. Even if it puts an extra 10k on the gate (which won't happen), what's an extra 50k to that old git?
  • Options

boggzy said:

How? In all honesty i keep meaning to bring the GF to one but when we are poor dont want to spend £50 on tickets, i had the same predicament last season. I get all the people who want to stay away but i still want to try and get the better half more involved as she is not very keen on football and dont care about Charlton
    Can you both make yourselves look very very young? :wink:
  • Options
    by poor i dont mean im poor , i meant Charlton are poor cant justify spending £50 and would like a cheap ticket to get the missus involved :P
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Unique.

Probably yes but i can't imagine selling a few extra tickets for a fiver will make too much difference to RD. Even if it puts an extra 10k on the gate (which won't happen), what's an extra 50k to that old git?
    Club only gets a maximum of £4.166 per ticket - the rest is VAT.
  • Options
    The only thing that would tempt me to spend any on Cafc and to go would be if there was some kind of massive in stadium protest planned for the day
  • Options
    Tickets aren't on sale yet though so the advert is a bit premature.
  • Options
    just cause a nuisance in the stadium, the extra stewarding, would by far outweigh the revenue made on tickets, another thing to do is spread out all over the ground so they have to put stewards in every bit of the ground, whats something we can do during the game that doesnt involve throwing stuff on the pitch?.
  • Options
    Another way of looking at it is lets get as many as possible in the ground and make some noise and for only a fiver and show the owners but more importantly the team what support they could/would have with proper owners. Also of course an opportunity for good natured protests
    Got this as probably my first home game of the season