Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury - Post Match Thread

Welcome Holmes !!

Charlton finally kicked into winning ways in what sounded a fairly comfortable nights work at a very sparse Valley.

Look forward to the thoughts of those there

Comments

• Options
    Didn't go. Forgot all about it to be honest.

Good win though. Thank Christ for that, eh?!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Welcome Holmes !!

Charlton finally kicked into winning ways in what sounded a fairly comfortable nights work at a very sparse Valley.

Look forward to the thoughts of those there

Elementary guvernor, I'm just gutted the Spanners got a consolation goal because I so wanted to post 'Hawaii 5-0, book em Dano' :smiley: Oh and good result tonight COYRs.
  • Options
    Didn't think I'd be on here moaning about a 3-0 win but what the hell did RS say to them at half time?! We came out a totally different team, not pressing or taken the game to them. Shrewsbury are not a good team and if we could of taken the first half into the second we would of seen a 4/5 - 0.
    MOTM holmes
  • Options
    How did Konsa play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A relief to chalk up the first win this season. Just a tiny bit disappointed that we didn't add to the half time scoreline. Progress though.
  • Options
    Major said:

sammy391 said:

Good win, but felt the Scoreline flattered us a bit!
    A great strike, a dubious handball scrap and then a corner goal that you couldn't do again in 50 more atttempts
    Solid enough at the back, with midfield fluid but nothing really upfront in terms of goals- really can't see ajose getting more than 7/8 goals this season!
    Magennis looks a good signing!

Slightly annoyed at the speed that the fans are all over the players and Russell Slade - especially over the last few years history , and considering none of the managers under this regime got the same treatment albeit with better results!

Think a lot of teams could surprise this season - given the results seen tonight!

You are annoyed at the fans getting behind the manager and the team? Is there some graduated level of applause you would like to see introduced?
    Not at all, I'm all for getting behind the team etc but it's find it surprising how quickly people have seemingly gone from one extreme of protests etc to asking Russell Slade for a wave in a matter of months... What I was annoyed about , is that the regime will take that and think the problems are all sorted (as well as non of the other managers we've had under this ownership got the same response even with better results)
  • Options
    Chesterfield top of the table, 2 more goals from Ched Evans, so far the gamble of signing him is paying dividends...

• Options

How did Konsa play?

Had a good game, didn't take any crap from their centre foward
    Hearing good things about him. And, on the plus side, he's not Roger Johnson. How does he compare to Gomez?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ricky Holmes - What a baller!!!!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Major said:

sammy391 said:

Good win, but felt the Scoreline flattered us a bit!
    A great strike, a dubious handball scrap and then a corner goal that you couldn't do again in 50 more atttempts
    Solid enough at the back, with midfield fluid but nothing really upfront in terms of goals- really can't see ajose getting more than 7/8 goals this season!
    Magennis looks a good signing!

Slightly annoyed at the speed that the fans are all over the players and Russell Slade - especially over the last few years history , and considering none of the managers under this regime got the same treatment albeit with better results!

Think a lot of teams could surprise this season - given the results seen tonight!

You are annoyed at the fans getting behind the manager and the team? Is there some graduated level of applause you would like to see introduced?
    Not at all, I'm all for getting behind the team etc but it's find it surprising how quickly people have seemingly gone from one extreme of protests etc to asking Russell Slade for a wave in a matter of months... What I was annoyed about , is that the regime will take that and think the problems are all sorted (as well as non of the other managers we've had under this ownership got the same response even with better results)
    They were at a football match, cheering the team on, feeling good for a change. Fuck what the 'Regime' thinks.
  • Options
    Still papers of cracks in midfield though. Better side would dominate us in the middle.

Shrewsbury weren't 3-0 bad. A league one side that tries to pass the ball and can spring them across the pitch.
  • Options
    That's it. Get Relegation Roger out of the way and see us go from strength to strength. Get Bauer back in the starting 11, together with a more dynamic midfielder and we should start threatening the top two positions.
  • Options
    agim said:

Didn't think I'd be on here moaning about a 3-0 win but what the hell did RS say to them at half time?! We came out a totally different team, not pressing or taken the game to them. Shrewsbury are not a good team and if we could of taken the first half into the second we would of seen a 4/5 - 0.
    MOTM holmes

I know I was gutted put 50p on 6-0 and 6-1 at 500/1!