Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Well done lads, superb
  • Options
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO !!!!!

Great stuff, lads !

And stuffed the Spanners too !

What's not to like ?
  • Options
    I knew if we all lived long enough!
  • Options
    Well done lads.
  • Options
    Something at CAFC to be proud of. Well done Jason Euell and all the lads.
  • Options
    Well Done the boys and Jason Euell
  • Options
    Congratulations to the Champions.

It would be wonderful if our owner wanted success for the first team as well. We live in hope.
  • Options
    'You'll never beat millwall'

Well well welll..
  • Options
    People always go on about Jackson as a future manager. Surely we should by the same token be looking at Euell?

There always to me anyway appears to be a plan for each team he sends out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Congratulations to the Champions.

It would be wonderful if our owner wanted success for the first team as well. We live in hope.

He only wants success for the U23s so he can flog them
  • Options
    I can see quite a few of this group having a future as professional footballers. RCC, Umerah, Hanlan, KAG, Djiksteel, Barnes, Edwards and perhaps a keeper. There may be a few missed.
  • Options
    Superb, well done
  • Options
    Excellent, well done. Now just stop selling them!
  • Options
    Well done future premiership stars of tomorrow, see Katy didn't lie after all
  • Options
    So do we now go on to a National North v South Final or is that it?
  • Options
    Well done the lads.

Just emphasises the need to build the training ground to get cat 1 status so we can move up to the higher level but that's nothing to do with the kids and takes nothing away from their or Jason Euell and the other coaches achievements.

Bowry impressed me when I've seen him and he's young in that group. Lapsie too.

Wish them all luck.
    Kap10 said:

Home semi final V northern runners up so could still face Millwall in the final
  • Options
    Well done to the lads. I have enjoyed watching the U23s this season. There is a togetherness and organisation that the first team could learn from. Euell deserves to Coach at a higher level. I couldn't make it last night as I am away but I will be back for the home semi final.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Well done the lads.

Just emphasises the need to build the training ground to get cat 1 status so we can move up to the higher level but that's nothing to do with the kids and takes nothing away from their or Jason Euell and the other coaches achievements.

Wish them all luck.

Kap10 said:

At the moment we'll face Bolton but with a few games still to be played it could be anyone

http://us.soccerway.com/national/england/central-league/20162017/regular-season/r35951/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    # Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches H2H
    1 Sheffield Wedn… 28 15 5 8 43 28 +15 50 DLWDL
    2 Bolton Wandere… 28 13 7 8 53 42 +11 46 LWWWD
    3 Crewe Alexandr… 28 13 7 8 53 46 +7 46 WLWWW
    4 Hull City U23 27 14 3 10 49 41 +8 45 LWWWW
    5 Huddersfield T… 28 13 5 10 54 42 +12 44 WLWWW
    6 Birmingham Cit… 27 12 7 8 42 37 +5 43 WWLWW
    7 Sheffield Unit… 28 12 6 10 49 43 +6 42 LLWLW
    8 Nottingham Forest 27 10 5 12 41 34 +7 35 WLLLD
    9 Barnsley U23 28 9 4 15 35 50 -15 31 LDLLW
    10 Leeds United U23 26 5 6 15 30 50 -20 21
  • Options
    Hull City..
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2017
    Which will be my bro's last game for Hull, v Charlton. Worked out well.

Well actually, he needs to beat Millwall (h) to play Charlton at the Valley. Tidy set up to see the season out
  • Options
    Wasn't impressed with Wednesday when we beat them recently with something to spare. Hull are dangerous and hopefully Millwall can eliminate them on Friday.
  • Options

Well done the lads.

Wish them all luck.

Kap10 said:

Hmmm, do we know the date?
  • Options
    The Millwall first team aren't especially physical, so no idea why their U23 team would play that way?
  • Options
    Does anyone know the date and venue of the Under 23s semi-final ?

I think that Karl Robinson mentioned that their game was on "Monday week" - i.e. on 8 May - but I see that Hull have to replay their abandoned game against Millwall before the final league placings are resolved.
  • Options
    Lapslie, Barnes, Djiksteel and KAG are better than some players in their position in 1st eleven this season (inc a certain RB).
  • Options

Lapslie, Barnes, Djiksteel and KAG are better than some players in their position in 1st eleven this season (inc a certain RB).

I paused and had a chat with Kevin Nolan on Saturday, he had been at the U23's game against Millwall, but he is not a regular (and he doesn't come on here more's the pity), anyway he was very enthusiastic about George Lapslie, as am I.
    What worries me is when people hear good reports (including Roland!) they say they reckon Lapslie is ready or Archie Edwards or whoever.
    Of course young players have to be ready sometime, but there are examples close to home where we have not taken the right kind of care regarding the introduction of younger players.
    If Roland or anybody else thinks that these young players can all suddenly be pitched into mens first team football just like that, they would be advised to pause and consider if the youngsters can simply step up as 'ready made'. It is much more complex than that.
    Ask Joe Piggot, and also ask Harry Arter or even Oztumer who his fellow pro's voted into the League One team of the year.