Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Henderson has been linked with a move to Nottingham Forest, and does not appear to enjoy a good relationship with goalkeeping coach, Lee Turner. - Hence why he doesnt appear happy to many fans perhaps
  • Options
    I really thought that he was going to turn in to a bit of a hero for us.

Oh well - he'll be the next one out the door... :(
  • Options
    At the same time though he only partially spoke his mind though as there were times he wanted to say something yet was constantly pausing as if his mind was saying: Nope I cant say that.

Reckon though he was taken aside (like BDL was) after than Interview for sure.
  • Options

Already is a hero in my eyes the way he came out after that Huddersfield game.

The money in Football has created a huge divide between many players and fans yet Henderson that day showed he did care a lot.

Reckon we'll get a good bit of insight into the club when he leaves

I don't remember him coming out but fair play to him if he did.
  • Options
    Come on Hendo - spill the beans, stick the knife in.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Talal said:

The money in Football has created a huge divide between many players and fans yet Henderson that day showed he did care a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ScmcC1s_uw
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Talal said:

I think you and Talal are at cross purposes mate 'coming out' :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

yeah if and when he leaves he'll have a lot of shit to throw at the regime.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Talal said:

• Options
    edited July 2016

RedChaser said:

Talal said:

And 'BREATHE'.
  • Options
    If they don't bring in a decent keeper to replace these two - that will be the concrete proof that they've learned bugger all since last season.

Do not blame him one jot, especially as being dropped/'injured' cost him his chance to get into the Ireland squad for the Euros.

As @ForeverAddickted said, he clearly wanted to say more in 'that' interview and looked like he did well not to.

Henderson said on Twitter that he's never lied about an injury. He didn't however confirm that he was injured - so take that how you like.

Have a lot of respect for the bloke, and if he goes to Forest as No.1 will follow him to see how he gets on. Would also be nice if one of our keepers left to be first choice somewhere as well!
  • Options

At the same time though he only partially spoke his mind though as there were times he wanted to say something yet was constantly pausing as if his mind was saying: Nope I cant say that.

Reckon though he was taken aside (like BDL was) after than Interview for sure.

I can't wait for the first VOTV next season with Hendo and BDL interviews
  • Options

yeah if and when he leaves he'll have a lot of shit to throw at the regime.
    Can the club insert some kind of 'gagging' clause as part of his exit to ensure he keeps quiet?
  • Options
    So if he leaves and says nothing do we assume he just had nothing to say, or do we assume he was gagged?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably cant do it with Henderson as wont be in his Contract...

Bet it wont be long before its included in the Contracts of new signings though
  • Options

It's weird, but I'm actually more annoyed about us shifting Pope out. Hendo was fantastic for us seaon before last and our uptick in form definitely coincided with his returning to the team and calming the defence down. This season just gone though his form was actually pretty poor and he looked shaky and made a few costly mistakes. Sure, we could probably say that the way the regime has treated him contributed to that but we didn't miss him that much once Pope got a run of games under his belt. He's also very injury-prone which means you need two proper first team keepers if you're going to have him as your number one. Whoever's back up will get a big run of games every season.

Still though, he seems like a real character and he obviously connected with the club, which is what fans want to see from players. I sadly never felt that connection happened with Lepoint and Nego. I'll miss him and I just hope he absolutely rattles RD and KM in the press after he goes

I agree, decent bloke and character but injury prone and deservedly behind Pope for the end of the last season. I wish him good luck, though I'd be surprised if he becomes the automatic Number 1 at Forest
  • Options

It's weird, but I'm actually more annoyed about us shifting Pope out. Hendo was fantastic for us seaon before last and our uptick in form definitely coincided with his returning to the team and calming the defence down. This season just gone though his form was actually pretty poor and he looked shaky and made a few costly mistakes. Sure, we could probably say that the way the regime has treated him contributed to that but we didn't miss him that much once Pope got a run of games under his belt. He's also very injury-prone which means you need two proper first team keepers if you're going to have him as your number one. Whoever's back up will get a big run of games every season.

Still though, he seems like a real character and he obviously connected with the club, which is what fans want to see from players. I sadly never felt that connection happened with Lepoint and Nego. I'll miss him and I just hope he absolutely rattles RD and KM in the press after he goes

I agree, decent bloke and character but injury prone and deservedly behind Pope for the end of the last season. I wish him good luck, though I'd be surprised if he becomes the automatic Number 1 at Forest
    de Vries is their other 'keeper though and he'll be 35 in December...

Their other option is a young 22-year old Bulgarian who has played one game for them
  • Options
    I'm sure i read Swansea signed a keeper last week, they have four now, wonder if they will loan one.
  • Options

I'm sure i read Swansea signed a keeper last week, they have four now, wonder if they will loan one.

Yeah your right they've now got

- Lukasz Fabianski ... ex-Arsenal and their first choice
    - Mark Birighitti ... Australian and the new signing from Newcastle Jets
    - Gerhard Tremmel ... He's 37-years old now
    - Kristoffer Nordfeldt ... He's 27 signed from Heerenveen last season yet only played one game
  • Options
    As much as I hoped for it - Henderson never hit the heights he should have done. He's a decent goalie but seemed to take a long time to recover from his genuine injuries - sadly that's part and parcel of someone who hasn't played much regular football in the last few years.

It's pretty evident he doesn't want to be here so it's best we all go our separate ways.
  • Options
    His body language in the Welling and Bromley friendlies spoke volumes. He absolutely did not want to be there.

Surprised he went to Austria. Think the writing has been on the wall for him since he fronted up to the press after the Huddersfield debacle.

Don't understand the he's fallen out with the goalkeeping coach line, smells of bull crap to me.

Fit and on form he is a very good keeper. Unfortunately for large parts of last season he was neither.
  • Options

Yeah your right they've now got

- Lukasz Fabianski ... ex-Arsenal and their first choice
    - Mark Birighitti ... Australian and the new signing from Newcastle Jets
    - Gerhard Tremmel ... He's 37-years old now
    - Kristoffer Nordfeldt ... He's 27 signed from Heerenveen last season yet only played one game
    Wow interesting reading that because I went to see Brisbane Roar vs Newcastle Jets when I was over in Aus back in March. Generally I thought the standard was very poor although understandably the tempo was much slower due to the heat. I studied the game more than I can at Charlton and thought at the time that the Jets Goalkeeper was very good so interesting that he's signed for Swansea.