Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henderson

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to Hendo - a fine goalie and a thoroughly decent guy who clearly cared about the club and its supporters.

A parting of the ways was inevitable once he became persona non grata with the regime and, given Meire and Duchatelet's desperation to reduce the wage bill, I'm not surprised that he ended up leaving on a free. The silver lining to that particular cloud is that at least Hendo managed to get himself a three year deal and the element of security that brings.

Quite extraordinary that our three first choice goalkeepers have left and that the next one in line, Dillon Phillips, is reported to be waiting on a loan move back to Cheltenham. I'm sure that the club is desperately casting around for an experienced goalie but I fear that, whoever comes in, they are likely to be a significant downgrade.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

The only surprise is that we don't appear to be subsidising his wages up there as well. Clueless twats.

Good luck Hendo. A good keeper when fit, and had the balls to come out and do the interview when Meire, Fraeye and others bottled it.

Nope - we just paid him off instead apparently.
    Hold up... so in essence, we've actually paid money for them to take one of our players?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Davo55 said:

The only surprise is that we don't appear to be subsidising his wages up there as well. Clueless twats.

Good luck Hendo. A good keeper when fit, and had the balls to come out and do the interview when Meire, Fraeye and others bottled it.

Nope - we just paid him off instead apparently.
    Hold up... so in essence, we've actually paid money for them to take one of our players?
    According to some Forest journo that I saw on Twitter earlier, yes.
  • Options
    Bizarre. It's like the club are in administration the way they are getting rid of players so cheaply.

Good luck to Hendo - hope he stays injury free and does well at Forest.
  • Options
    The Nottingham Evening Post confirms he went there on a free.
  • Options
    Surely Roland is just cashing in and cutting his losses now?
  • Options

Surely Roland is just cashing in and cutting his losses now?

It looks that way.

Wouldn't it be a scream if he completes the 'full house' and flogs Lookman and Teixeira before the 31st August.

This club is f*****.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton are 20/1 to get relegated. Although it goes against my principles I#ve stuck £50 on it so if it pans out like I think then at least I have some pleasure and Roland/Liar will hopefully FUCK OFF.

Still 25/1 with Bet 365. Hurry though - won't be long before Roly hoovers up all the value.
  • Options
    Does this mean that the players now have to play "rush goalie" in training?
  • Options
    Why am I not surprised , can't blame Hendo for leaving, the hierarchy broke him like its broken the fans and made so many mistakes with no accountability.
  • Options
    Out of interest, in the time from when we thought he was our first choice keeper did he manage to play more games than he missed through injury ?
  • Options
    We may now get the clearest sign yet as to whether RS has any real control of recruitment/retention of the playing staff. He can't want to be 2 weeks from the season's start with no goalies with any experience. If there are a couple he's lined up whose signatures are imminent then maybe RS holds sway. But if charlton plays either of the home friendlies without new arrivals we'll have the clearest sign he's found out for sure that roly and his toxic nightmeire are full of shit. RS can't have sanctioned Hendo's departure at this time without concrete plans for replacements, can he? And as for admitting giving him a free? Not even a Michael Morrison ' undisclosed fee ' smokescreen? KM really doesn't give a shit.
    Another goalie taking a benchwarmer's position over probable first choice status I think suggests a very smelly atmosphere at sparrows lane "anywhere but here" for anyone who's been there a while and has realistic aspirations for his own future. Grim
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I don't believe it was ever said that Slade would have control over player retention.
    This has been discussed elsewhere and realistically very few managers can prevent player departing.

Meire has said that Slade will be in charge of selecting the players coming in, as opposed to the mysterious Belgian laptop guys, but this will of course be within an agreed budget.

So he may well be scratching around for free transfers and out of contract players, just like Powell had to, when recruiting the like of Church.
  • Options

I don't believe it was ever said that Slade would have control over player retention.
    This has been discussed elswhere and realistically very few managers can prevent player sales.

The thing is Henderson wasn't sold, he was given away, he wasn't even out of contract.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

So we've actually sold Henderson, Morrison (both left for nothing), Stephens and Kermorgant (rumoured £400k each wasn't it?) for about half of what we paid for Naby Sarr (rumoured £1.5 or £1.7m I think). And we're probably still paying about half of Sarr's wages.

Don't know why you are complaining.. It's all a loss for RD.. Keep it coming in my opinion
  • Options

Scoham said:

So we've actually sold Henderson, Morrison (both left for nothing), Stephens and Kermorgant (rumoured £400k each wasn't it?) for about half of what we paid for Naby Sarr (rumoured £1.5 or £1.7m I think). And we're probably still paying about half of Sarr's wages.

Don't know why you are complaining.. It's all a loss for RD.. Keep it coming in my opinion
    Not a complaint, just shows how ridiculous many of these deals were/are.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Scoham said:

I understand what you're saying, hopefully there will come a point where Roland turns his back on us and finally realises he can't turn us around and will have to 'cut his losses' but I don't think he will actually dip his hand in his pocket , it makes you wonder how much debt we are really racking up given the amount of cock ups we are making in player recruitment / selling / loaning or even giving players away, it's an absolute shambles, surely the fans will pay for this one way or other further down the line in the future, it's not a sustainable business model.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This has been discussed elsewhere and realistically very few managers can prevent player sales.

The thing is Henderson wasn't sold, he was given away, he wasn't even out of contract.
    Pedant :smile:

Ok, player retention is what I meant.
  • Options
    Joke shop.
  • Options
    According to The Sun, £300,000 was received, if you believe it
  • Options
    Will always have fond memory of the penalty save at the den thanks Hendo and good luck
  • Options
    Have seen that De Vries has left Forest for Celtic... Know that he was injured in the first game anyway but guess that makes Henderson first choice there now.