Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long will Slade be our manager?

Things looked promising with the 3 signings but we now seem to have a ton of players leaving and no signs on anyone else coming in.

Unless we have a flurry of signings before the season starts, we will be left with a paper thin squad I cant see us finishing any higher then mid-table or worse. Would that be good enough for Duchatelet? I dont think it is.

Hes been quick to pull the trigger on previous managers (not quick enough with KF), so if we are mid table by Oct-Nov time Im thinking he might get the boot then.

Comments

• Options
    1.5 years minimum... He wont be sacked this season (Unless we are in a Relegation fight which I don't see), if we're promoted back to the Championship but if we're still in League One he'll be given till Oct / Nov to prove he can get us up at the second attempt
  • Options
    Probably Christmas. He'll lose one game 2-1 and Roland will lose patience.
  • Options
    All teams want to get off to a good start to the season but I think we especially need this more than anyone.

We know that the old man in Belgium does not have a lot of patience when it comes to results.

I reckon he will not manage to see out the January window.

• Options

It's CHRISTMAS.
  • Options
    Xmas
  • Options
    depends on what promises he was given when he agreed to join and whether those promises are now being laid bare or not. if they are, and continue to be, then I can see him walking sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Monday... :wink:
  • Options
    They won't take them new shoes back Russell!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    6 months before being poached by the Isle of Wight
  • Options

Exactly this, Slade should know that Roland has a season long accumulator on us losing each game 3-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on the level of skill and attention shown so far: RD will give RS the elbow just after the January transfer window closes ensuring that the next sap/chancer/network marionette has no opportunity to make any difference to the team's squad and thereby results. If by some sequence of miracles Charlton is about 11th in February RS might get to see out the season. If we're any higher than that RS will be acknowledged as a genius wizard coaching alchemist and will save RD the bother by being poached by a football owner who knows the first damn thing about the business.

• Options
    Six months, just like all the others. Duchatelet keeps selling players from an already perilously thin squad with no replacements in sight. The poor bloke doesn't have much of a chance really.
  • Options
    As transfers appeared to of dried up, they've got Kevin Nugent in as a sweetner for Slade.
  • Options
    The way things are going, he won't be here very long.
  • Options
    The usual length of time
  • Options
    8 years then he gets poached for the England job, thanking Roland for all his support but he feels that after retaining the Champions League trophy with Charlton he is ready to try something else.
  • Options
    I think he will by gone by Christmas.
  • Options
    Gone by November
  • Options
    Resigns by the end of August
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's face it, it don't really matter how long before he gets the bullet, does it?

We all know it's coming, and sooner rather than later.
  • Options

All teams want to get off to a good start to the season but I think we especially need this more than anyone.

We know that the old man in Belgium does not have a lot of patience when it comes to results.

I reckon he will not manage to see out the January window.

To be fair, when Bob, Guy and Fraeye were sacked, it wasn't after one bad result, but after a string of defeats.

While he should never in a million years have appointed him, in the case of Fraeye, he arguably showed him too much patience...
  • Options
    Having sacked six managers since 2014 I cannot see how Slade will last a season.

Squirrel face will then tell her adoring public that they bowed to pressure from us and it has not worked. Then big bum will appoint the dude from Ujpest!
  • Options
    Whats more likely, Slade getting sacked or resigning?
  • Options
    He will quit. Maybe even before the season starts, if the outgoings aren't matched with incomings.

My prediction. We start the season without a senior goalkeeper and no fit CBs other than Johnson and the kids. A midfield that's not up to it but a decent (starting) striker.

None of these will be rectified by the end of the window and we will be fed the usual statement by the club 'we had a few more deals on the table but couldn't quite get them across the line' meaning 'we didn't want to pay the going rate for a decent player'.

Then Slade walks out the next day. JJ/Euell take over because no one else will touch them. And we have a season long relegation battle to enjoy.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I can see Slade quitting before....Christmas.
  • Options
    He will be our Ferguson... After all every appointment has been the right chioce. so have faith in Ferguson no.3
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The rug is slowly being pulled from under him already, he'll do well to last the season. Don't know the terms of his contract but he's no need to jump just sit tight for a pay off if when the Douchbag loses patience.
  • Options
    He will be sacked after a run of poor form and Roly will blame us for wanting an English manager.