Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long will Slade be our manager?

1235»

Comments

• Options

God only knows where we go if a good honest football man like Slade resigns. One things for sure, no decent English league manager will go near us.

Fraeye again? A non league boss who's desperate for a bigger job and will do as he's told? Nobby?

Sorry but he knew the score when he got here , it was made quite clear to him by the fans so no sympathy.
  • Options
    Yeah i get that, but he quite clearly was sucked in by their "we're willing to change our approach" chat. Quite a few even on this site were starting to believe it when we signed Holmes, Novak and Ajose, so not hard to see why Slade believed them too.

Sadly a month or so later, it's become pretty apparent that those 3 signings were obviously made as a push to try and get people to believe they'd changed and to get their season tickets early.........before they reverted to type with a fire sale a few weeks later.
  • Options

Yeah i get that, but he quite clearly was sucked in by their "we're willing to change our approach" chat. Quite a few even on this site were starting to believe it when we signed Holmes, Novak and Ajose, so not hard to see why Slade believed them too.

Sadly a month or so later, it's become pretty apparent that those 3 signings were obviously made as a push to try and get people to believe they'd changed and to get their season tickets early.........before they reverted to type with a fire sale a few weeks later.

Sadly I was one of those people who were so nearly duped. I really thought that the owners had changed bringing in Novak, Ajose and Holmes. But they have reverted to type. I don't like betting on Charlton's misfortune but I have put 50 pounds at 18/1 on Charlton being relegated.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

If he makes it until the clocks go back I'll be amazed.

I wish we could put the clocks back to the summer of 2012 after we won the 1st division title under Chris Powell.
    Jimenez and Slater sell Charlton after we are on the up; Making a quick profit and paying Kevin Cash back with interest.
    A new Owner who understands the Ethos and History Of CAFC; who makes Peter Varney CEO which would encourage the staff working under him.
    A budget commensurate with a Championship side would be given to CP
    who could then add 4 or 5 players of genuine Championship class.
    The 100+ point title winners combined with the new arrivals would finish
    7th or 8th in the 1st season back.
    The Charlton social media including CL would debate if Chris Powell have taken this club as far as he can !

Alas this didn't happen, we are caught up in this Dystopian Nightmare,
    where the Nadir haven't been reached yet.
    This Orwellian 1984 NightMeire needs to be banished to Room 101. Can you help Frank skinner ? Then this Football club can rise like the Phoenix from the Ashes or Flames if i'm being Frank.

• Options
    I'll give him until 5 losses on the trot. So October.
  • Options
    Wilmots?
  • Options
    Around xmas when we are 5th from bottom.
  • Options

I'll give him until 5 losses on the trot. So The evening of 20th August.

• Options
    Two days before the season starts