Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long will Slade be our manager?

Comments

• Options

He will be sacked after a run of poor form and Roly will blame us for wanting an English manager.

That's exactly how I see it panning out. What's more, they probably can't wait for that to happen.
  • Options
    He can't go before Christmas otherwise how will we able to appropriately serenade him from the west stand car park?
  • Options

Resigns by the end of August

Agree resigns but mid October

• Options

He will be our Ferguson... After all every appointment has been the right chioce. so have faith in Ferguson no.3

The only Ferguson the regime would get has the first name Massey...
  • Options
    He will be sacked on the last day of the season when we finish mid-table. Unlike the relative unknown and short CVs of our previous 3 managers Slade has a long 23 year CV as a football manager. Why should anyone think he should suddenly be a successful manager in his 24th year of trying.
  • Options
    Long shot - but Chris O'Loughlin is available now as an instant replacement should Slade falter.
  • Options
    I hate to sound all doom and gloom but I reckon he's considering his postion this week. With the lack on transfer activity over the last few days and players going he might consider his position untenable, before the season starts.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha this thread will be fun in a few weeks :)
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    When Duchatelet offloads the club in Christmas 16 / New Years Jan 17, Russell Slade will be given a chance to prove himself until the end of the season 16/17 by new owners.

Doubt Slade will be fired prior to the change of ownership as it will involve a pay off. Slade is an old hand and won't resign to ensure his contract is paid up.

Duchatelet may want to fire him to pin the blame on someone as usual & to be able to blame Charlton supporters for wanting an English money, but won't want to pay the contract up. Slade will also have some idea of the impending sale and hang in with the hope of having some money to spend in the January window. I reckon Slade will survive until the end of the season.

It's good to dream :smile:
  • Options
    After losing to a non league team in the first round of the FA Cup in November.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He will be sacked on the last day of the season when we finish mid-table. Unlike the relative unknown and short CVs of our previous 3 managers Slade has a long 23 year CV as a football manager. Why should anyone think he should suddenly be a successful manager in his 24th year of trying.

So, what is it about him that keeps getting a gig at clubs ??
  • Options
    "...and the situation at The Valley has gone from bad to worse. The new owners - a consortium made up of Google, Facebook, Apple, McDonalds, Coca Cola and British Telecom - have sacked club legend Russell Slade, just six weeks into the 2021-22 season, with Charlton lying in third place in the Premiership. Slade - who masterminded Charlton's rise from League One obscurity to three-times Premier League champions, was not available for comment, neither were any members of Charlton's sixteen first team squad. It is thought that the new owners will appoint Colin as interim head coach tomorrow morning. After the break - will article 50 ever be triggered, we ask the new PM, Katrien Meire..."
  • Options

Having sacked six managers since 2014 I cannot see how Slade will last a season.

Squirrel face will then tell her adoring public that they bowed to pressure from us and it has not worked. Then big bum will appoint the dude from Ujpest!

what I expect to happen

• Options
    I honestly think he'll resign early on.
  • Options
    "You can check out but you can never leave"
  • Options
    Personally think he'll be here for the season. Not sure our owners expect to go up, seems like as long as we are there or thereabouts in the top 6 they'll be satisfied. I reckon Slade has enough about him for us to achieve that even with the squad as it is. Unless there are some quality players at this level coming in I doubt we'll be close to promotion though.
  • Options

Having sacked six managers since 2014 I cannot see how Slade will last a season.

Squirrel face will then tell her adoring public that they bowed to pressure from us and it has not worked. Then big bum will appoint the dude from Ujpest!

what I expect to happen

You appear to agree with the saying "never a truer word said in jest"!
  • Options
    Bob P or Luzon to take over ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At this rate he might not see the start of the season
  • Options
    Please god just do it Brussel.

Backed SC to be the manager first game, would pay for 2 aways a month for the whole season
  • Options
    SC?
  • Options
    Might get asked to do another ep of extras....if that opportunity ever arises again
  • Options

SC?

Simon Cowell
    Steve Coogan
    Sean Connery
    Sheryl Crow
    Scott Carson
  • Options
    Stan Collymore
  • Options
    RD may be quite happy now to leave us with a UK manager and UK squad.

My guess is Russell will stay unless the results implode completely - and there is nothing in his record as manager to suggest that might happen.

But, if it did, Chris O'Loughlin is available.
  • Options

SC?

• Options
    I heard a rumour Slade was going to make a statement next week. Don't know the details but can only assume he's considering his future.
  • Options
    everything is so crazy right now I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned before the Bury game