Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

are charlton a massive club?

it's interesting, often when players sign for us, they often refer to us, as being a massive club or words similar. of course, a lot is just hype.

so, apart from the premiership years and the 40's.

do you think we're a massive club or is it simply relevant to whatevert division we happen to be in, at any given time?

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No. Famous, well thought of, but not massive.
  • Options
    To me no. Perhaps if you've been playing at Northampton and are of an age where you spent your formative years watching us in the Premiership we might be.
  • Options

it's interesting, often when players sign for us, they often refer to us, as being a massive club or words similar. of course, a lot is just hype.

so, apart from the premiership years and the 40's.

do you think we're a massive club or is it simply relevant to whatevert division we happen to be in, at any given time?

You are correct when you say it's all hype. The majority of players say the same when joining a new team.

• Options
    A couple of years time in the Conference we will be at that level , but no and never have been. Well maybe in the 40's but the board thought small
  • Options

A massive cluster fuck of useless Belgian twats...

Is that a 'yes' then Soapy?:-)
  • Options
    Not with away support like that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Compared to millwall, yes
  • Options
    We never were and never will be a 'massive' club, not if you compare us with the likes of Man Utd, Chelski, Arsenal etc.
    However, we are a famous club in the history of football in this country but sadly, like many others, living on past 'glories'.
    Unless some multi-billionaire Arab/Russian/Far East playboy fancies laying out some serious cash we are destined to remain much as we are; probably bouncing around Championship/League One/Two for ever and a day. Sad 'aint it!
  • Options
    We had mass, last time I checked
  • Options

No - but we deserve a capital "C".

sorry, don't do capitals.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    No we certainly ain't.
  • Options
    My iPhone won't let me not do capitals. I haven't pressed the shift key once in this post. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Could be big but not massive.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I suppose we might be considered big, in this league or lower but as most have said, certainly not massive, as the "massives", themselves!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely not.
  • Options
    Would/could be big as/bigger than West Ham if we had the spasmodic success,luck ,dodgy dealings over the years.
  • Options
    A big club in league one though! Average size in the championship and a small Club in premier league!
  • Options
    If they'd said "massive club at this level" then yes they'd have been spot on. But overall of course we're not a massive club.
  • Options
    Biggest football club in SE7.

Massive place in its fans hearts and lives.

Lost a decent amount of mass through recent illness, hopefully not terminal.
  • Options

No - but we deserve a capital "C".

Agreed, we are at least deserving of being called a Club.
  • Options

Not with away support like that

That will be rectified next season amigo, thousands are going as there is a boycott of The Valley going on......
  • Options
    In absolute terms no. In third tier terms yes (in theory anyway).
  • Options
    We all know there's only really one club who is considered 'massive'.
  • Options
    Talksport have put together a slideshow of the top 22 largest ever home crowds in Britain:

Talksport top attendances slideshow

We're up there, higher than The Massives, so we must be even more massive.

Although these days... not so much. I think of us as a decent-sized Championship club, taking a holiday in L1.