Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NS: CAST considering FA action on KM comments

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Do you mean CAST Trev? It's not CARD.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well done CARD / CAST! Fantastic!
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Well done CARD! Fantastic!

Cheers buddy, now corrected!
  • Options
    Reckon we can definitely expect a Statement where she was once again miss-interpreted

Probably one of the worst things about foreign owners is that they can constantly pretend that their words werent translated properly
  • Options
    Thing is, she can argue with some evidence that some chanting and comments have been abusive (sexist, arguably racist), even if by a minority, and also we can't dispute fans went to her parents. That said, she expects protection from the football authorities and, seemingly, the media. Go to any ground where the owners are failing and you'll get the same.

She claims it's the same as racism. No. Racist chants were based purely on the players colour not their ability. I was at The Valley in 1993 sat near Millwall fans abusing their own black players (not the brightest supporters as we know). The abuse she gets is because she is so appalling at her job. She happens to be Belgian which gets mentioned. She happens to be a woman which gets mentioned. But were she even half decent then it would not happen. So it's not the same as racist chanting, is it?

But not sure where the criminal aspect comes in. Surely a serious accusation like that needs evidence? If criminal acts were committed she would have gone to the police or filed the evidence? So let's see it?
  • Options
    Statement next Tuesday much?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Thing is, she can argue with some evidence that some chanting and comments have been abusive (sexist, arguably racist), even if by a minority, and also we can't dispute fans went to her parents. That said, she expects protection from the football authorities and, seemingly, the media. Go to any ground where the owners are failing and you'll get the same.

She claims it's the same as racism. No. Racist chants were based purely on the players colour not their ability. I was at The Valley in 1993 sat near Millwall fans abusing their own black players (not the brightest supporters as we know). The abuse she gets is because she is so appalling at her job. She happens to be Belgian which gets mentioned. She happens to be a woman which gets mentioned. But were she even half decent then it would not happen. So it's not the same as racist chanting, is it?

But not sure where the criminal aspect comes in. Surely a serious accusation like that needs evidence? If criminal acts were committed she would have gone to the police or filed the evidence? So let's see it?

Nah.

She knows she hasn't a waffle to stand on.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good. I said yesterday, that she should be reported to the FA or Football League as appropriate.
  • Options
    Deffo changed her tune lately:
    “It's disruptive to your business [to have so many managerial changes] and that's why we are now relegated. We had too many managers in a short time.”
    After saying this regarding multiple managerial appointments:
    "We have always improved our ranking. And our results."
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Deffo changed her tune lately:

“It's disruptive to your business [to have so many managerial changes] and that's why we are now relegated. We had too many managers in a short time.”
    After saying this regarding multiple managerial appointments:
    "We have always improved our ranking. And our results."
    Either way who made the decisions?

Has to be her or the Rat
  • Options
    She wont apologise (never has) and it wont make them leave but reporting to the FA would then force some kind of investigation or at least a statement which will highlight our plight further. I think it's an excellent idea
  • Options
    Brilliant by CAST. Measured and justified.
  • Options
    Is the CAST web site down now?

Keep getting 508 Resource Limit Is Reached

Denial of Service attack?????
  • Options
    A good statement to make, and I applaud them for it, but even if CAST did take it further, I seriously doubt she will be held to account for it. Too many grey areas I fear open to misinterpretation, mitigating circumstances etc.
    I hope I'm wrong.

Nonetheless, having it played out in the media does carry some merit as an idea. One would imagine some kind of retraction is due.

On balance, probably best to quit now we're ahead on this one, unless the CAST statement alone provokes another ludicrous outburst, which would once again be in self defense of course and outwith the best interests of the Club.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I don't think abuse because she is Belgian is racist. Surely (like the UK) it is a multi-cultural society with a Caucasian majority and a largely Christianity based past. It might be mildly nationalist or even unwise (as we are getting support from fellow Belgian supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is right to complain to the FA, in particular about her remarks and comparisons to racist chants. However, I fear she may have a point about criminal offences.......I'm assuming it was a criminal offence to forge her signature on the companies house resignation document?

That will be her argument.......
  • Options
    braydex said:

I'm assuming it was a criminal offence to forge her signature on the companies house resignation document?

It is. But there's nothing else and this act has not been attributed to anyone as yet (although it's being looked into by a legal team :) )

• Options

Is the CAST web site down now?

Keep getting 508 Resource Limit Is Reached

Denial of Service attack?????

Noted. Thanks for the tipoff.

• Options
    Keep forcing her into the spotlight and she will keep doing our job for us.

We need to keeping ramping up the pressure as well, make her feel like she cannot attend home games anymore.
  • Options
    I think this response is superb. Good job.
  • Options
    "Under no circumstances does the Trust, either independently or as a coalition member of CARD, condone any illegal action against the club or any employees"

So that means Katrien is fair game then, right ?

Brilliant statement, I genuinely think it's going to take something like this to make her realise that she needs to keep her mouth shut.
  • Options

braydex said:

I'm assuming it was a criminal offence to forge her signature on the companies house resignation document?

It is. But there's nothing else and this act has not been attributed to anyone as yet (although it's being looked into by a legal team :) )

As I pointed out recently,the club breached criminal law last weekend by selling tickets in the knowledge it was withholding information that might change the purchasers decision i.e those seats were now behind the Covered End Wall. Her forged resignation affected one person to little or no cost, the clubs breach potentially 1000's.

People in glass houses Daisy...

which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-protection-from-unfair-trading-regulations-2008

Sorry mate, but how is that a criminal offence?

Honestly, we do ourselves no favours some times.