Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Sri Lanka & Pakistan

Couldn't see another thread, apologies if there is one!

Tests start next Thursday, the England team should be interesting - think Hales may get another chance and Vince appears to be a shoo-in, maybe at 3 over Compton.

An 18 year old debutant has got 4-62 for Essex against Sri Lanka today, the lad must be buzzing!

m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36243812

Anyone going to the Tests?

Comments

• Options
    will be at lords for sri lanka game on the thursday

• Options
    Bit further in the future, but day 2 against Pakistan at the Oval
  • Options
    Gonna be a bit of a let down this summer after the Ashes glut we've had - along with the Euros too.
    Still, i am one of those who is protesting (just had to be done!) this year, as i am one who would regularly go to Lords to see the Sri lanka/Pakistan test matches when there is hardly anyone there - and yet they refused me in the ballot for the Ashes last year only to see on tv a swathe of yellow-tops where i would normally sit.
    So, consequently i am 'doing a Charlton' and decided not to spend any money with them this year - their loss i'm afraid.
  • Options
    Been invited to Lords for either the first or second day of the Pakistan test. Have no idea when it is or which part of the stadium I'll be in yet though.
  • Options
    I think the England team will be Hales, Cook, Vince, Root, Snail, Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen Ali, Broad, Finn, Anderson.
  • Options
    Got Sunday tickets for both tests.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We're playing against a combined Sri Lanka and Pakistan team?
  • Options
    Going to Lords on the Sunday against Sri Lanka with my dad.
  • Options
    Also going to T20 (SL) and ODI (PK) at the Rose Bowl
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I think the England team will be Hales, Cook, Vince, Root, Snail, Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen Ali, Broad, Finn, Anderson.

Yeah think you're probably spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure Snail is going to get in TBH - not had much form this season.
    Think it may well be a surprise - like Buttler maybe playing just as batsman.
  • Options
    I could see Bell back in over Ballance, but I think they'll see more of a future for Ballance.
  • Options

I could see Bell back in over Ballance, but I think they'll see more of a future for Ballance.

Yep, Bell is having a very good season so far.Could well come back.
  • Options
    id like to see the bowlers rotated ..maybe rest broad or anderson for a game or two ...we ll have to live without Jimmy sooner or later ..
  • Options
    We've got Thursday & Friday tickets for both tests at Lords.
  • Options
    I think they should be a bit experimental against Sri Lanka, and maybe try to blood new players like Vince. Essex are currently stuffing the Sri Lankans, so might be a chance to blood players before the next ashes
  • Options
    See Joe and Jonny both got big hundreds today.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I think they should be a bit experimental against Sri Lanka, and maybe try to blood new players like Vince. Essex are currently stuffing the Sri Lankans, so might be a chance to blood players before the next ashes

I think Vince is a given coz of Taylors retirement - but its that 5/6 position which is tricky one.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I think Vince is a given coz of Taylors retirement - but its that 5/6 position which is tricky one.
    There is talk of Essex's Westley. Foolish talk, however well he's doing. Others have said it, but I think bell might play
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

There is talk of Essex's Westley. Foolish talk, however well he's doing. Others have said it, but I think bell might play
    Bell is still only 34, Westly is 27 - not a lot of difference really, and I know who I'd want in my team- but would understand the clamour for a 'younger' man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sam Robson has had a good start to this season too hasn't he?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Sam Robson has had a good start to this season too hasn't he?

Yes he has - though not seen his scores (very) recently.
    I was going to mention him, but feel that he may not quite 'have it' - Middx have another youngster opener coming through - Gubbins, who could be something special- billed as the new Andrew Strauss keep an eye out for him.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

id like to see the bowlers rotated ..maybe rest broad or anderson for a game or two ...we ll have to live without Jimmy sooner or later ..

I think we have four international class quicks. Anderson Broad Finn and Wood. The trouble is one of them is always injured. if they were all fit then rotation is a must. Also plunkett can do a job as a short term stop gap.
  • Options
    Dont wanna go back to Bell. Lets move on now shall we.

I have heard that Bayliss wants to get Roy in the Test squad but even I (as a surrey fan and Roy's biggest fan) dont think that is a great idea.
  • Options

lolwray said:

I think we have four international class quicks. Anderson Broad Finn and Wood. The trouble is one of them is always injured. if they were all fit then rotation is a must. Also plunkett can do a job as a short term stop gap.
    of the above wood seems the more injury prone ...footitt hasnt had a great start to the season...Ball maybe ?

(i am not a fan of Woakes)
  • Options

lolwray said:

I think you'll find that Wood is injured now and is not in contention for first Test at least.
  • Options
    Finn has more than his fair share of injuries too. I'm Hoping stokes becomes a test class bowler in his own right
  • Options
    Willey possibly not in for the One Dayers v Sri Lanka:

m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36266188

Fans of double entendres mourn.

I did try thinking of a pun to fit, but sadly I can't give you one.
  • Options
    Squad is:

Cook
    Hales
    Compton
    Root
    Vince
    Bairstow
    Moeen Ali
    Stokes
    Broad
    Finn
    Anderson
    Ball
  • Options
    Call up Vince no surprise and Jake Ball has been in fine form, albeit in seamer friendly conditions, so far this season.

Compton has only scored 100 runs so far this season and has probably been given the benefit of the doubt after some would argue he was prematurely dumped when first playing for England.