Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johann Berg Gudmundsson held a press conference

More from Ketts on Dr Kish:

Johann Berg Gudmundsson held a press conference - mainly for the benefit of Icelandic journalists - on Tuesday. ‎

Gudmundsson penned a lucrative ‎new four year deal last summer but was asked about his future by the Newsshopper:

"We are just going to finish the last game and then concentrate on the Euros and see what happens after that.‎

"I don’t want to be concentrating too much into the future. I’m just going to look forward to the Euros right now."‎

"On a personal level I just want to play as well‎ as I can,"‎ said Gudmundsson.

There will be a huge turnover of players at The Valley in the summer, and Gudmundsson will be coveted ‎by many clubs.

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He's off, and rightly so, way too good for us. As long as he don't end up at Palace then I wish him well. Top player

Millwall it is then.
  • Options
    He has gone,not off.
  • Options
    Leicester have a better chance of winning the Champions League next year than we have of holding onto JBG.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Leicester have a better chance of winning the Champions League next year than we have of holding onto JBG.

5,000-1??
  • Options
    Gudmundsson penned a lucrative ‎new four year deal last summer
    I'm sure he's on excellent money, but not lucrative by football's standards!
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck Johann - enjoyed watching you play.

Right Championship sides, we'll start the bidding on this flair goal scoring player with three years left on his contract, at £2m.

Come on Villa, Norwich, Sunderland/Newcastle - this is just the kind of player with Championship experience that you need to push straight back up.
  • Options
    One of Roland's few successes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think JBG with the right coaching and team mates played in the right position could do a good job in the premiership.

He's not a replacement for Mahrez though for Leicester if Mahrez goes to warm the bench in Spain.
  • Options
    He has been slagged off a lot this season even though he has returned a very decent amount of assists and goals.

He might not have been in blistering form every game, but he has been carrying knocks and injuries a lot more than people are recognising. Igor has been getting off the injury excuses with our fans for a long time, but strangely the same leeway wasn't offered to Johann at points this year.
  • Options
    Stepped up a level since we were relegated but don't blame him for that

Quality player who deserves lower prem rather than upper one

Good luck JBG
  • Options
    He ain't all that
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He's looked completely uninterested for about 75% of this campaign, presumably because things he was told when he signed his "lucrative four year contract" haven't come to pass.

I think that's a bit unfair, I genuinely think he lost a bit of form and confidence as well during the middle of the season, that might be the Fraeye effect...
  • Options
    Yet still one of our better players who we would have been relegated sooner without.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not making excuses for Johann but It must have been hard this season to stay focussed and motivated with all the crap going on, on and off the pitch, arguably the most creative player I've seen in a Charlton shirt in the last 10 years, Iceland are my hot tip for the Euros.
  • Options
    Good to see mostly positive comments, with diarra has been our best 2 players since we left the prem 8 years ago, pleasure to watch, good luck JBG.
  • Options
    "He ain't all that" but that currently leaves him a country mile in front of the rest of our bunch. I think these quotes are just cut and pasted out of the interview he gave @LouisMend at the poty and not sure really what the rest of you expect. They're perfectly respectful and of course non-committal, not sure why we'd really expect a very talented footballer to head off to the Euros and then slouch back to the third division with the rest of Rolys rejects.
    Granted I've been critical of some of his displays this season but yikes these are testing times, not sure how much of my eye would have stayed on the ball with all the tinpot madness and cockshanigans happening all around me.......
  • Options
    Blimey...I wouldn't say he is premier league worthy. Not at the moment anyway. He's better then league one I'd give him that.

• Options
    He's good enough for the premier league
  • Options
    Tossers even