Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    Marco Silva expects Ademola Lookman to get "better and better" after he impressed in Everton's 2-0 victory over Bournemouth on Sunday.

The 21-year-old spent the first half of 2018 on loan with RB Leipzig and there was speculation that he might leave Goodison Park in the summer.

"Fantastic player," Silva told Sky Sports when asked about Lookman. "I said since the first day that I joined the club that it was really important to keep him.

"You know what happened in pre-season. I put high pressure on and turned his mind to keep him here with our club and I think what we saw today we will see better and better in the future.He has all the quality to play in that position in our model."
  • Options
    He looked mustard yesterday. Glad to see him doing well!
  • Options
    A mystery why he's played so little this season. You could understand it under Big Sam, but not Silva
  • Options

Marco Silva expects Ademola Lookman to get "better and better" after he impressed in Everton's 2-0 victory over Bournemouth on Sunday.

The 21-year-old spent the first half of 2018 on loan with RB Leipzig and there was speculation that he might leave Goodison Park in the summer.

"Fantastic player," Silva told Sky Sports when asked about Lookman. "I said since the first day that I joined the club that it was really important to keep him.

"You know what happened in pre-season. I put high pressure on and turned his mind to keep him here with our club and I think what we saw today we will see better and better in the future.He has all the quality to play in that position in our model."

Make sure you play him then.
  • Options
    Looked forward to Lookman playing yesterday but seemed to bottle it,but then again so did the rest of his team mates,shame he didn't get the winner for Everton
  • Options
    you can take the boy out of Charlton.....
  • Options
    Did a lot of 'dirty' work yesterday tracking back etc which doesn't always get the appreciation it deserves.

In my opinion Everton fell apart the moment they took Ade off and brought on 'golden bollocks' Walcott the media darling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Is Lookman injured only he is not in the squad tonight in Premier League?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Is Lookman injured only he is not in the squad tonight in FA Cup?

Commentary mentioned 3 or 4 times now how surprised they are Walcott is starting yet Lookman isn’t even on the bench.
    No mention of any injury by Everton either.
  • Options
    Everton agree deal for Lookman to go to RB Leipzig, fee is £22.5m
    Roland will be dusting off the sell on clause documentation.

oh wait... I 
  • Options
    Everton agree deal for Lookman to go to RB Leipzig, fee is £22.5m
    Roland will be dusting off the sell on clause documentation.

oh wait... I 

• Options
    Richard Cawley saying that Charlton had a significant sell on clause if Lookman moved on, Bowyer won’t see any of that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I wonder what "significant" means. Also, is it on the profit or the whole fee. Usually it's the profit.......so maybe 20%-25% of £11m....? 
  • Options
    Short-sighted of RD. If some sales were re-invested in squad we'd attract s better class of player with sell-on potential.
  • Options
    I never really rated him that much to be honest.....never got what all the fuss surrounding him was all about.
    To be honest, the fuss was because we were having an absolutely shithouse season and he was the one bright spark in it. He's a very talented player though; he had an excellent spell in Germany and when he's on form Premier League defences still haven't figured out how to deal with him. His issues are with consistency and work ethic though. Silva regularly criticises him for the effort he puts in in training and when he does get a start he often disappoints. He seemed happier in Germany though so hopefully he can start over and get some form together
  • Options
    I never really rated him that much to be honest.....never got what all the fuss surrounding him was all about.
    To be honest, the fuss was because we were having an absolutely shithouse season and he was the one bright spark in it. He's a very talented player though; he had an excellent spell in Germany and when he's on form Premier League defences still haven't figured out how to deal with him. His issues are with consistency and work ethic though. Silva regularly criticises him for the effort he puts in in training and when he does get a start he often disappoints. He seemed happier in Germany though so hopefully he can start over and get some form together
    I can understand him not fitting in under Big Sam, but you would have thought Lookman would have thrived under Silva. It's a big fee for someone who's done nothing in the PL, it shows how good RBL think he is.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Are sell on fees on the whole fee, or just the portion above the original sell price?
  • Options
    Not often we have a player with both pace and skill who can score goals with either foot.