Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    I recorded the Steelers - Redskins highlights on Sky, and waited all day yesterday to watch them, avoiding the score etc.

9pm last night, press play and Sky had messed the scheduling/advertising and I saw the final knockings of the game I wanted to watch as it had recorded the Rams - 49ers.

Great!
  • Options
    They did that twice. Fortunately for me I had taped the whole game. Was a grim watch after the first quarter
  • Options
    Got my NY Giants vs Rams tickets today and after the rams display monday night i can see a very easy win now for NY.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about the colour rush uniforms all the teams have this season? Some of them look pretty good, like the mental Seahawk green one or the Titans all light blue one, but then the Jags in pure gold and Bengals in all white instead of going all orange is a bit weird.

Would people like to see more one off kits in football at all? Baseball seems to have shit loads of uniforms for every team too
  • Options
    Sky Sports live games today:

Bengals @ Steelers from 5:30pm
    Seahawks @ Rams from 9:25pm
    Packers @ Vikings from 1:30am
  • Options

Sky Sports live games today:

Bengals @ Steelers from 5:30pm
    Seahawks @ Rams from 9:25pm
    Packers @ Vikings from 1:30am

Rams playing at the Coliseum, will hold 80k for their games which will be a good indicator of just how popular an LA team will be, given the relatively fairweather and fickle nature of the people in the area.
  • Options
    They really are three great games on paper at least. Shame not got the skins v cowgirls game though.
  • Options

They really are three great games on paper at least. Shame not got the skins v cowgirls game though.

Gutted i cant get to see the Cowgirls lose again. I will have to hunt down a on line link.

• Options
    Come on Dallas... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else fancy the Rams to cause an upset?
    No? Just me then.
  • Options
    Just you.
  • Options
    Garoppolo taken out, third choice QB in at Pats
  • Options
    Get in there. Close close game but the Cowboys come out on top. 23-27
  • Options
    Close game so far... Rams are still in it
  • Options

No? Just me then.

Hope you put some money on that.
  • Options
    Good shout !
  • Options

No? Just me then.

Hope you put some money on that.
    Had it in a double with my Chiefs.
    I'll never learn.
  • Options

No? Just me then.

They certainly know how to beat the Seahawks.
  • Options
    I was watching red zone last night and really enjoyed it, it made me cast my mind back to the early/mid eighties when (apart from highlights on C4 a week after the games) the only way you could get any sort of coverage was trying on a Sunday night to tune into the Armed Forces Network (AFN) that broadcasted to the American bases in Germany, the reception on medium wave was dreadful at best, listening on a very low volume so I didn't wake my parents. Happy days indeed!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    terrific start by the Vikings .. long may it continue
  • Options
    Yet again, let down by a QB who it would in a better team certainly wouldn't be a franchise QB but in a fair too sometimes poor team looks ok.
  • Options
    Disappointing home defeat for Raiders against Falcons.

Defence leaking too many points so far in both games.
  • Options
    Just catching up on last night's game. Wentz looks the real deal. Very composed, ultra efficient but let down by a few drops. Eagles D looking good too. Promising signs for them. As for the Bears...
  • Options

I was watching red zone last night and really enjoyed it, it made me cast my mind back to the early/mid eighties when (apart from highlights on C4 a week after the games) the only way you could get any sort of coverage was trying on a Sunday night to tune into the Armed Forces Network (AFN) that broadcasted to the American bases in Germany, the reception on medium wave was dreadful at best, listening on a very low volume so I didn't wake my parents. Happy days indeed!!

Seperated at birth

"this has been a presentation of UPI radio news" :smile:
  • Options

Seperated at birth

Same here!
    Just found out one of my colleagues went to Wisconsin and is a massive college and NFL fan, we are in HCMC this weekend and I promised him I would take him to a sports bar and watched a college game.

At least I now have someone to chat about both
  • Options

Seperated at birth

Same here!
    Just found out one of my colleagues went to Wisconsin and is a massive college and NFL fan, we are in HCMC this weekend and I promised him I would take him to a sports bar and watched a college game.

At least I now have someone to chat about both
    Same here. Constantly adjusting the tuner to try and improve the reception.
  • Options
    Patriots and Texans tonight... Patriots down to their third string QB and have been working with Edelman as their emergency back-up.

Tonight could get interesting.
  • Options

Patriots and Texans tonight... Patriots down to their third string QB and have been working with Edelman as their emergency back-up.

Edelman is probably a good enough QB to be 2nd choice for half the NFL!

Seriously though, will be interesting to see how much they try and protect Brissett, and how hard the Texans will go after him, in particular JJ Watt. It'll also be interesting to see if Edelman plays the whole game as WR, as if he gets injured then they have no backup for Brissett whatsoever
  • Options

It may be too early but I'm very impressed with the Texans this year. Sensible rebuild over the off-season with a good coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the Superbowl.