Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016

Also gutting that Romo has a broken bone in his back.

Looks like the Cowboys are going to go with their 4th round QB Dak Prescott for the first few weeks of the season, at the very least.

Bridgewater out all season for the Vikings too.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

AP just climbed up my draft board a bit. Wouldn't usually draft a RB high but I can't see MIN going any way other than more reliant on the run

Top running backs are a points-farm though, and AP is surely the top running back (I'd rather him than Gurley, especially with Bridgewater out) so you probably won't get a chance outside the top 3-5 picks.
  • Options
    Is Charlton Life fantasy football a thing, by the way?
  • Options

Is Charlton Life fantasy football a thing, by the way?

I don't recall it being done before. I'd be up for it. ESPN one is brilliant.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm in one with some friends but if we can garner enough interest I'm sure we could get a Charlton life one going as well.

RBs are interesting from a fantasy view. Most now share the workload so can't build up the points like LT and co used to. There's also the NFL wide shift to a passing focus. AP is in a very select group of RB1s who get the majority of the workload.

In all honesty I expect AP to go top 3 but if he's available I may have to take him (I can't remember my draft slot). Usually I go for a RB later, Lewis or Blount at NE seem pretty good fits early in the season.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

I'm in one with some friends but if we can garner enough interest I'm sure we could get a Charlton life one going as well.

RBs are interesting from a fantasy view. Most now share the workload so can't build up the points like LT and co used to. There's also the NFL wide shift to a passing focus. AP is in a very select group of RB1s who get the majority of the workload.

In all honesty I expect AP to go top 3 but if he's available I may have to take him (I can't remember my draft slot). Usually I go for a RB later, Lewis or Blount at NE seem pretty good fits early in the season.

Lewis injured remember though but i imagine White will pick up his workload.

I've got a league with friends too. Draft is next week. Will probably go WR first before going for some running backs.
  • Options
    Excited for this season, I'm working in New York in November and am going to Bengals@Giants at MetLife Stadium whilst I'm there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Excited for this season, I'm working in New York in November and am going to Bengals@Giants at MetLife Stadium whilst I'm there.

Nice. I'm seeing the Bengals v Redskins at Wembley and will be in the States for my honeymoon in December so already got tickets for Bears v Packers in Chicago. Cannot wait.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    As usual, let me know any errors or additions to be made...

AFC EAST:
    Bills – Avi_dAddick
    Dolphins – 9goalswentpastperry, CharltonParkLane, Hertsseasider, Jdredsox, kielyskickingboots, RomseyAddick, Simon E
    Jets - CAFCTrev, CharltonMadrid, rina
    Patriots – ForeverAddickted, RalphMilnesgut, Sam3110, SomervilleAddick

AFC NORTH:
    Bengals - Bigbadbozman
    Browns - cafcbrown, creepyaddick
    Ravens - Its_Hamer_Time, limeygent, StubleyAddick, The Red Robin
    Steelers - Ben18, Pedro45, ScrappyCAFC, WestSA

AFC SOUTH:
    Colts – CAFC1304, Rossman92
    Jaguars
    Texans
    Titans -

AFC WEST:
    Broncos – buckshee, Leroy Ambrose, Rothko, sonicstud85
    Chargers - andyg90, Blinkant, DamoNorthStand
    Chiefs – johnny73, Minkcafc, stackitsteve
    Raiders – All_Thaid_Up, MrOneLung, northstandsteve, se9addick, World of Woe

NFC EAST:
    Cowboys – Bilko, Callumcafc, chester_conrad, supaclive
    Eagles – cypriot_addick, Low_Ears, twiggyaddick, ValleyGary
    Giants – AddicksAddict, EastStand, SuedeAdidas
    Redskins – bolloxbolder, cafckev, hudson-son-son, Miserableoldgit, Pedro45, tonyupnorth

NFC NORTH:
    Bears – addick16, andyg90, Oh_Yoni_Boy, Wright6679
    Lions
    Packers – CAFCjoe94, Macronate
    Vikings - flyingkiwiDK, Lincsaddick

NFC SOUTH:
    Buccaneers – danhughes99, Dannoo_86
    Falcons – BrentfordAddick, DanDavis, Karim_myBagheri
    Panthers
    Saints – LLMTP, philcafc

NFC WEST:
    49ers – cs1986, NorthStandUltra, RDG, Rob
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Seahawks - Cafcspud, thecrazyaddick
  • Options
    You can take me off the list for the Chargers. I'm firmly in the Cowboys corner now, though a Chargers soft spot will remain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jdredsox said:

Yeah, inclined to agree with you - those that get the vast majority of carries like Peterson are worth their weight in gold. I tend to hoover up RBs just because the good ones are pretty consistent... but there's probably more value in premium receivers.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Soon we will be Oakland Los Angeles Oakland Las Vegas Raiders
  • Options

You can take me off the list for the Chargers. I'm firmly in the Cowboys corner now, though a Chargers soft spot will remain.

I'm a switcher too. Soft spot for the Saints but it's really the Ravens for me.
  • Options
    Why swap teams? Are you swapping cafc as well?

I have been Raiders fan since 1980, despite the last decade of ineptitude I have never once even gave it a thought.

• Options

I have been Raiders fan since 1980, despite the last decade of ineptitude I have never once even gave it a thought.

It's not quite the same as swapping Charlton though is it?
  • Options

I wouldn't say I'm swapping, Saints were never really a team I supported, just one I had a soft spot for before I decided.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Why isn't it? I spend as much time and effort on my raiders as I do charlton. Just because I don't live in Oakland, it's the same to me as I have never lived in south London.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Why isn't it? I spend as much time and effort on my raiders as I do charlton. Just because I don't live in Oakland, it's the same to me as I have never lived in south London.
    Fair enough, I'd imagine that the lads who said they were swapping are slightly more invested in Charlton than they are in an American football team.
  • Options
    I haven't switched either. I liked both the Cowboys and the Chargers when I started following the game. 12-18 months later (yes I'm relatively new to the sport), I'm much more invested in the Cowboys.
  • Options
    Got tickets to the Falcons v Panthers game at the end of Sept. Dirty Birds have a tough old schedule this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm a switcher too. Soft spot for the Saints but it's really the Ravens for me.
    Choosing the Ravens over the Saints, is that soft spot between your ears?

• Options
    Watched the 3 Saints pre-season games so far. Could be a long old season.
  • Options
    LLMTP said:

Watched the 3 Saints pre-season games so far. Could be a long old season.

Same in Miami. Very disjointed so far.
  • Options
    Pre season means nothing. In 2008 Detroit lions went 4-0 in preseason outscoring their opponents 80-32. Guess what in that season they went 0-16!!

2000 San Diego 1-15 after 4-0 preseason

Unfortunately no team has won the superbowl going 0-4 in preseason though.

However records shows its not all bad

Indianapolis Colts 2005 0-5 14-2 Lost in the Divisional Round
    Buffalo Bills 1990 0-4 13-3 Lost the Super Bowl
    New York Giants 2000 0-4 12-4 Lost in the Super Bowl
    Chicago Bears 2010 0-4 11-5 Lost in the NFC Championship
    New England Patriots2008 0-4 11-5
    Arizona Cardinals 2009 0-4 10-6 Lost in the Divisional Round
    Atlanta Falcons 2011 0-4 10-6 Lost in the Wild Card Round
    Cleveland Browns 1972 0-6 10-4 Lost in the Divisional Round
    Dallas Cowboys 1998 0-5 10-6 Lost in the Wild Card Round
    Indianapolis Colts 2010 0-4 10-6 Lost in the Wild Card Round
    Kansas City Chiefs 2005 0-4 10-6
    New England Patriots (Boston / AFL) 1964 0-5 10-3-1
    Buffalo Bills 1973 0-6 9-5
    Chicago Bears 1962 0-5 9-5
    Cleveland Browns 1967 0-5 9-5 Lost in NFL Conference Round
    Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers / AFL) 1967 0-4 9-4-1 Lost in the AFL Championship
    Arizona Cardinals 2007 0-4 8-8
    Buffalo Bills 2002 0-4 8-8
    Carolina Panthers 2009 0-4 8-8
    Miami Dolphins 1989 0-4 8-8
    New England Patriots 1983 0-4 8-8
    New York Giants 1944 0-3 ¹ 8-1-1 Lost in the NFL Championship
    New York Jets 1993 0-4 8-8
    Oakland Raiders (Los Angeles) 1989 0-4 8-8
    Oakland Raiders 2011 0-4 8-8

Loads more but don't want to bore you.
  • Options
    Final round of pre-season tonight... Panthers @ Broncos to follow this time next week (plus a few hours). :-)
  • Options

Final round of pre-season tonight... Panthers @ Broncos to follow this time next week (plus a few hours). :-)

Pointless last games, 99% of starters won't play, it's only really for players on the bubble of being cut and showcasing for future teams. Final cuts Saturday.
  • Options
    Still gonna be watching!
  • Options

Pre season means nothing.

True and I'm not looking at the score. It's the lack of a big body receiver in the slant routes. It's the not having a guard that can stop the pocket collapsing. It's another year win no pass rush (although I remain hopeful that Paul Kruger just released from the Browns can turn it around).

• Options
    Vikings trade a 2017 1st round pick and a 2018 4th round pick for Eagles QB Sam Bradford.
    Eagles will be loving that.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Bloody hell. I thought the Vikings said they weren't going to overpay.

Having said that, they have the potential to have a decent year so are they really that much worse off by losing a pick in the 20s?